Haircuts

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
So I tried a new local barber, as a walk-in. He looked okay, but the other customers had a decidedly Duck Dynasty look to them. I’d already been there 45 min. and things were going slowly, so I ended up leaving.

Tried a Supercuts near me, but there was only one worker there, who said it’d be 30-45 minutes.

I finally ended up at my original chain, different shop, a little farther from me, but fast, friendly and no political talk.

I got my hair on the sides buzzed a little shorter than usual, same with the top, and when I got home I noticed I’ve got pretty much the same hair style as film director Zack Snyder. So I’m calling it the Snyder cut.

Looks better on him, though. 😕
Snyder cut, sounds about right. Four hours?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's better than my previous haircut. Some guy named Warner kept telling me to cut that one shorter and shorter and in the end it was a mess.

D

Deleted member 199

So I tried a new local barber, as a walk-in. He looked okay, but the other customers had a decidedly Duck Dynasty look to them. I’d already been there 45 min. and things were going slowly, so I ended up leaving.

Tried a Supercuts near me, but there was only one worker there, who said it’d be 30-45 minutes.

I finally ended up at my original chain, different shop, a little farther from me, but fast, friendly and no political talk.

I got my hair on the sides buzzed a little shorter than usual, same with the top, and when I got home I noticed I’ve got pretty much the same hair style as film director Zack Snyder. So I’m calling it the Snyder cut.

Looks better on him, though. 😕
This reminds me - what’s a “normal” price for a guys basic haircut in a major US city?

I used to go to a tiny little place in Melbourne (Australia) that charged AU$15 (~$11.60).. or on at least one occasion accepted a DVD burned with some movie or tv show (I forget what it was). But I also knew a guy who paid AU $40 just for a basic cut, because he didn’t ask upfront and he basically went in because the girl had a revealing top on.

locally I started out paying my (now) regular guy 100฿ - ~$3.20 - (Sign said 60); 7 years later he still just knows what I want (which is good because neither of us speaks enough of the others language to actually be specific about it) and I’m giving him ฿300 a visit because he does my sons now too

I had one once in LA while on a work trip but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t “normal” in any sense of word. Kept going back and forth between telling me how he cut Elvis’ hair (he was old) and random jabberings about um... the only qualities of Asian lady parts (once he knew I lived in Thailand).

Anyway I feel seem to recall he charged $50 (which I’m pretty sure he we knew was likely overpriced but we just needed a hair cut so finding somewhere close was enough).

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The price for a basic men’s haircut at a chain in the US is about $14, which is nothing the ladies get rich on. So it’s a nice idea to tip well.

…But I also knew a guy who paid AU $40 just for a basic cut, because he didn’t ask upfront and he basically went in because the girl had a revealing top on.
Oh, that old gag. 😄

D

Deleted member 199

The price for a basic men’s haircut at a chain in the US is about $14, which is nothing the ladies get rich on. So it’s a nice idea to tip well.

Oh, that old gag. 😄
Right sounds similar to a barbers (as opposed to a 'hair dressers') price in Australia.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If you mean the movie, she only watches Hallmark.

If you mean the haircut…well, she told me I looked ridiculous in the pompadour.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I started losing my hair at the front a few years ago and was in denial about it. Back in September 2019 I had my last official paid for haircut and when I got home I realised I needed to shave it all off. Best thing I ever did. Love the look and with COVID I was already shaving my head twice a week whilst my friends were stressing about their hair growing.
Don’t know how old you are, but I kept the hair on top of my head for all the years that mattered, though my late 40s. My brother unfortunately leaned towards Mom’s side of the family and started losing his hair at 20. He got a corn row hair transplant before they started doing natural hair patterns.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Best haircut I ever got was from a cute blonde stylist who was very well-endowed and wearing a very tight uniform.

Frankly I have no memory of what the haircut itself looked like. When she leaned forward to trim my hair in front, I was too busy trying to keep my eyes from locking onto her awesome cleavage.

Fortunately I was aided by some advice from Seinfeld. 😄

Top Bottom
1 2