Hamas has launched a major attack on Israel

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't disagree that college tuitions are too high. But, if an institution wants to grow its endowment, equity investments are one way to do it.

Corporations donating to colleges should be a financial one way street. What the corporation gets out of it is graduates who would make good employees.

The reason so many heads of colleges are flailing around with these protests is because like most everything in this country they are corporate captured and are little more than fundraising machines. There’s a complete lack of leadership and all they know how to do (poorly) is defend capitalism.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Colleges invest in companies through their endowments. This money is used for large capital improvements and to provide ongoing financial support. Most endowment funds come from donations and not tuition etc.

The thing I don't understand about the Hamas protests is that a majority of student ssupport LGBT+ causes, but at the same time they are protesting in support of a group that is about as anti-LGBT+ as you can get. Saw a sign at a protest that said "Queers for Palestine" and was wondering who was going to tell them. SMH.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Colleges invest in companies through their endowments. This money is used for large capital improvements and to provide ongoing financial support. Most endowment funds come from donations and not tuition etc.

The thing I don't understand about the Hamas protests is that a majority of student ssupport LGBT+ causes, but at the same time they are protesting in support of a group that is about as anti-LGBT+ as you can get. Saw a sign at a protest that said "Queers for Palestine" and was wondering who was going to tell them. SMH.
Kinda like how the right is pro-life and pro death penalty? Sometimes the causes people get behind don't necessarily align with one another.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Columbia University has shut down in-person classes for the rest of the semester due to the on-going anti-Israel protests.

And USC has cancelled their main graduation ceremony. As of now smaller school specific graduations will still take place.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Me on Mastodon regarding the protests:

No, no, no. Comparing the campus protests in the 60’s and the campus protests today is like comparing apples and hedgehogs.

We protested the war in Vietnam because our country was boots on the ground. We lost friends, fathers, husbands, brothers, and sons.

The US is not involved in the war in Gaza. We have no vested interest. It is not our war. The students, particularly at #Columbia, are being incredibly selfish.

They are denying freedom to their fellow students. Why? Do they really have a clue what they’re protesting? I think not.

Meanwhile, they are doing the exact same thing as the settlers in the West Bank - camping where they are not wanted and don’t belong.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Me on Mastodon regarding the protests:

No, no, no. Comparing the campus protests in the 60’s and the campus protests today is like comparing apples and hedgehogs.

We protested the war in Vietnam because our country was boots on the ground. We lost friends, fathers, husbands, brothers, and sons.

The US is not involved in the war in Gaza. We have no vested interest. It is not our war. The students, particularly at #Columbia, are being incredibly selfish.

They are denying freedom to their fellow students. Why? Do they really have a clue what they’re protesting? I think not.

Meanwhile, they are doing the exact same thing as the settlers in the West Bank - camping where they are not wanted and don’t belong.

I’m fairly positive they are protesting all the death and destruction in the open air prison that is Gaza and the fact that it wasn’t exactly Disneyland before the Hamas attacks. What do you think they are protesting about?

One thing I really get tired of is “the west” getting attacked and then “the west” responds with 1000 times the death and destruction of the original attack and then has the balls to go “What? Why you mad?”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Dumb and misguided college liberals joining forces with racist conservatives to form a bipartisan anti-semetic coalition.

Sorry young folks, I'm as liberal as they come and you're not winning me over. Being pro-Palestinian is not the same as being ant-Israel, which also is not the same as being a racist/religious bigot towards your Jewish peers. Some of these people are any or all of these things masquerading as anti-war demonstrators.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Dumb and misguided college liberals joining forces with racist conservatives to form a bipartisan anti-semetic coalition.

Sorry young folks, I'm as liberal as they come and you're not winning me over. Being pro-Palestinian is not the same as being ant-Israel, which also is not the same as being a racist/religious bigot towards your Jewish peers. Some of these people are any or all of these things masquerading as anti-war demonstrators.
Biden will lose votes as a result but it won't matter what he does, either way he goes will be a shitstorm, he just happens to be the one in office during the whole thing. Those "Liberals" will either vote for Trump or abstain entirely, if they get Trump he'll double down against Palestine but they're too young and stupid to see that.

Top Bottom
1 2