Happy Birthday Mr Carter (and weird facts about the present former presidents)

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Jimmy Carter turned 98 years old today, the longest-lived personto have held that office, for more than 3 years when he surpassed Mr Bush (the elder).

There are currently 5 living former presidents

<nerd-mode>
One of them is 37+ years younger than Mr Carter – the 4th-youngest person to be elected to the office

The other three were born within 66 days of each other
One of those three is the 2nd-youngest person to be elected to that office
Another is the 2nd oldest person to be elected president (he was actually the oldest until he was defeated by the current oldest person to be elected President)​

So, Happy Birthday Jimmy Carter, head of a very select group

</nerd-mode>

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
President Carter is to be admired. Not for his longevity, but because he is a man of action. He doesn’t just talk the talk, he walks it every day of his life. I remember making fun of him when he said he lusted in his heart, but he was seriously shamed by his thoughts. He is, indeed, a righteous man.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
For my part, I admire him because he is an ethical, compassionate, intelligent and decent human being, whose life, perspectives, decisions and choices were - and are - framed and guided by what are clearly his profound sense of ethics and his core moral principles.

Moreover, in the field of international election observation, his NGO, The Carter Centre, is widely respected, and is one of only three bodies (the other two are both supranational organizations, namely the EU, and the OSCE/ODIHR) that has any credibility in this area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2