General Health and Exercise

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Today I ate 3 grilled chickens and 12 raw eggs. I then took my Charger (with a belt-driven supercharger and Walboro fuel pump) to the gym for a hardcore arms session. I licked energy gels during the workout to keep my energy levels up.

Hellcat? Or better?

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Today I ate 3 grilled chickens and 12 raw eggs. I then took my Charger (with a belt-driven supercharger and Walboro fuel pump) to the gym for a hardcore arms session. I licked energy gels during the workout to keep my energy levels up.
That sounds relentlessly good. I used to have Carnation instant breakfast drinks with a raw egg in it. Very tasty.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Excellent info, bro. For me everything is about power, whether it’s my body, or my car.
for Real Power, if you hit ShifT and a LETTTER, it WILL Uppercase. FYI.

Also, if you shift iN a Car you CaN geT PoweR, 2.

So, BramanBra, I found they Make Dildos tHat ThRust. True STorY. Immma BuY 2.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Ok, as a participant of the thread on the other place, I laughed out loud at this thread. I clicked expecting some articles about nutrition and exercise, I got something different. Well played, people. Well played.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, as a participant of the thread on the other place, I laughed out loud at this thread. I clicked expecting some articles about nutrition and exercise, I got something different. Well played, people. Well played.
Well…
Since I have cut out breakfast, drink a meal substitute for lunch, then shoot to eat a small meal before 5pm including a reasonable desert, and when seized by a desire to eat something sweet suck on a 15 calorie lifesaver, I have dropped from 225 to 209. My goal was 210, new goal 199!

While I still believe calories intake are the primary factor, 3 workouts a week at the pool/gym is an important part of the routine, but I’ve also been working in the green space behind our house doing my annual battle of the vines. This year I realized I’d better make it a biannual battle of the vibes. Kudzu appeared along with the usual spiny vines. :oops:

Last edited:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well…
Since I have cut out breakfast, drink a meal substitute for lunch, then shoot to eat a small meal before 5pm including a reasonable desert, and when seized by a desire to eat something sweet suck on a 15 calorie lifesaver, I have dropped from 225 to 209. My goal was 210, new goal 199! :)
What are you using for the meal substitute? I’ve been using Ka’chava and really like it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I tried some regular “sport” swim trunks to swim laps, NOPE. :) If you are used to compression trunks, the fabric flapping and drag is noticeable and annoying.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I tried some regular “sport” swim trunks to swim laps, NOPE. :) If you are used to compression trunks, the fabric flapping and drag is noticeable and annoying.

I’m late to the thread but that’s a funny story. I’m surprised they allowed him back in.

Briefs (“Speedos”) are the only way to go in everyday lap swimming. There’s really no comparison. Besides, anyone watching who swims isn’t going think twice about it. You’ll notice most experienced make swimmers wear them for practice and non-major meets.

I find Jammers (knee length) too restrictive of range of motion, not necessarily that comfortable, and IMO make me look like a self conscious HS freshman. “Tech suit”Jammers often found in major competition are great, but aren’t for regular swimming as they cost hundreds and last only a few meets.

Any sort of baggy swim trunk is awful. They’re not efficient and inhibit proper swim technique which can actually cause shoulder issues.

That said, I have had a couple incidents of people (some might call them Karens) being offended by swim briefs… for another time.

Anyways, now that my pool doesn’t have silly time slot scheduling and 1hr limits (including time to change) due to COVID, I’ve been getting in about 3,000 yards in the morning, 4 days a week. It’s good to be back in the swing of things.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m late to the thread but that’s a funny story. I’m surprised they allowed him back in.

Briefs (“Speedos”) are the only way to go in everyday lap swimming. There’s really no comparison. Besides, anyone watching who swims isn’t going think twice about it. You’ll notice most experienced make swimmers wear them for practice and non-major meets.

I find Jammers (knee length) too restrictive of range of motion, not necessarily that comfortable, and IMO make me look like a self conscious HS freshman. “Tech suit”Jammers often found in major competition are great, but aren’t for regular swimming as they cost hundreds and last only a few meets.

Any sort of baggy swim trunk is awful. They’re not efficient and inhibit proper swim technique which can actually cause shoulder issues.

That said, I have had a couple incidents of people (some might call them Karens) being offended by swim briefs… for another time.

Anyways, now that my pool doesn’t have silly time slot scheduling and 1hr limits (including time to change) due to COVID, I’ve been getting in about 3,000 yards in the morning, 4 days a week. It’s good to be back in the swing of things.
I’m using TYR square cut leg and recently got a pair of BALEAF square leg jammers at half the price of the TYRs. So far so good.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
You don't say, maybe we need pics ... :p
You wish 😆

I’m using TYR square cut leg and recently got a pair of BALEAF square leg jammers at half the price of the TYRs. So far so good.

I’ve never tried the square legs, but I see more and more people wearing them, especially middle-aged men and older- a modesty thing I suppose. I will say they look better than Jammers. I’ve never tried them but have heard some complaints about the leg openings either being too loose or too big and/or the legs bunching up. I suppose it’s a matter of finding a brand that fits.

In my experience Speedo to be of slightly better quality than TYR, but both are good products. Arena makes very durable suits too. I own all three brands and they’re all solid choices.

I do have a suit from a brand called FunkyTrunks, which is popular in Australia and among competitive swimmers in the US as practice suits. Their signature product they call a trunk, it’s basically a Speedo with less of a high cut on the hips or a square leg without an inseam. Arena seems to have picked up this style in recent time.

I’ll admit do own a couple pairs of Jammers. They can be helpful if you have sore quads or the water is colder than desired. Or if the pool’s pull buoys are made from that scratchy styrofoam material.

The key is to buy suits made from Polyester/PBT (Speedo Endurance+ or TYR Durafast or 99% of Arena suits) since they last a really long time- generally years. Usually the drawstring fails before the fabric or seams. Anything with Lycra/Spandex/Elastine, though more comfortable, gets destroyed by Chlorine in a matter of a few months if you’re swimming nearly every day.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Deep Tissue Massage- Anyone feel like a deep tissue massage makes a difference? I recently got one, 60min, mostly out of curiosity. I told the girl my lower back was bothering me. She started at my feet, moved to my legs, arms, shoulders, and back. She really leaned into me at times, “ouch” worthy. :) I can say after it was all over, I can’t say my back felt any better, and I did not feel particularly refreshed, but I knew I had been manipulated. Next time, if there is a next time, I’ll try the relaxation massage. :)

How long did you do that? It could also just have been water weight. Your weight can fluctuate ~5lbs depending on your salt intake.
Seriously delayed reply, apologies, the answer: not that long. I still eat eggs and bacon once a week for breakfast.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Deep Tissue Massage- Anyone feel like a deep tissue massage makes a difference? I recently got one, 60min, mostly out of curiosity. I told the girl my lower back was bothering me. She started at my feet, moved to my legs, arms, shoulders, and back. She really leaned into me at times, “ouch” worthy. :) I can say after it was all over, I can’t say my back felt any better, and I did not feel particularly refreshed, but I knew I had been manipulated. Next time, if there is a next time, I’ll try the relaxation massage. :)

Seriously delayed reply, apologies, the answer: not that long. I still eat eggs and bacon once a week for breakfast.

As someone with a screwed up back and related neuromuscular dysfunction in my back, I have mixed feelings about massages. They usually feel good during and immediately after… but 30min afterwards when the muscles tighten back up, things can be worse than before the massage.

For chronic muscular-related back pain, I found yoga to be very effective.

Top Bottom
1 2