Health Issues

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just wanted to get a feel for those with health issues to see if it's worth creating a new forum for, seems like some of us here are of a certain age and with that comes, well... ailments, diseases, etc. I know I personally have several conditions and have heard others here discuss them as well so if people are interested I'm guessing we would have no shortage of things to discuss.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Just wanted to get a feel for those with health issues to see if it's worth creating a new forum for, seems like some of us here are of a certain age and with that comes, well... ailments, diseases, etc. I know I personally have several conditions and have heard others here discuss them as well so if people are interested I'm guessing we would have no shortage of things to discuss.

Seems like a good - and useful, and welcome - idea.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Does it really need its own forum? Wouldn’t a thread be enough?
I am hoping for a bit more discussion than that :) My thought is a single forum with several common issues ranging from general to cancer and other specific topics. For example I have COPD and Diverticulitis so that could go under the "Respiratory" or "Gastrointestinal/Abdominal", for example.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am hoping for a bit more discussion than that :) My thought is a single forum with several common issues ranging from general to cancer and other specific topics. For example I have COPD and Diverticulitis so that could go under the "Respiratory" or "Gastrointestinal/Abdominal", for example.
Fair enough.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Does it really need its own forum? Wouldn’t a thread be enough?

I'd imagine that - between psychological conditions, and physical ailments - and external stressors, such as coping with conditions suffered by close kin - there would probably be more than enough for a forum, or sub-forum.

Edd

Infrequent shaver, science denier
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to “forum vs thread” but I’d be glad to complain about my 50 year old aches and pains.

My dad and I were never very chummy, but one thing he said that’s stuck with me is “getting old isn’t for pussies”.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to “forum vs thread” but I’d be glad to complain about my 50 year old aches and pains.

My dad and I were never very chummy, but one thing he said that’s stuck with me is “getting old isn’t for pussies”.

Actually, as long as my health remains reasonable, I love (yes, love) - or, rather, I am very comfortable with being middle-aged.

Psychologically, and mentally, I think I always felt middle-aged, even as a child, and now that my physical age had caught up with my mental temperament and disposition, I feel a lot more comfortable.

The world is not designed for introverted, intensely intellectual, serious, young women.

I loathed being young, was very bad at it, - yes, the boundless and bottomless energy was nice, but little else appealed - for I generally felt awkward, and alienated, and bored by my peers. "Fun-loving?" "Playful?" "Parties?" Even those very terms evoke a mad desire to produce a parabola of puke.

My twenties were better than my teens, my thirties a lot better than my twenties, my forties and once I reached the half century - and plus, - an awful lot better still.

Edd

Infrequent shaver, science denier
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Actually, as long as my health remains reasonable, I love (yes, love) - or, rather, I am very comfortable with being middle-aged.

Psychologically, and mentally, I think I always felt middle-aged, even as a child, and now that my physical age had caught up with my mental temperament and disposition, I feel a lot more comfortable.

The world is not designed for introverted, intensely intellectual, serious, young women.

I loathed being young, was very bad at it, - yes, the boundless and bottomless energy was nice, but little else appealed - for I generally felt awkward, and alienated, and bored by my peers. "Fun-loving?" "Playful?" "Parties?" Even those very terms evoke a mad desire to produce a parabola of puke.

My twenties were better than my teens, my thirties a lot better than my twenties, my forties and once I reached the half century - and plus, - an awful lot better still.
Can’t say why, but I’d assumed you were male. Gonna ponder that.

I was a true mess in my early 20s but mostly from aimlessness. I‘m disliking random pains during middle age but I do fight it with stretching and exercise. It’s an endless battle.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

Oh you kid. Your dad was right. My mother (86) says “getting old is everything it’s cracked up to be.”

Top Bottom