Home Automation - Cooling Solution for TV

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My Samsung TV comes with a hub that gets hot, especially during the summer months. That coupled with the Amazon FireStick also heating up has been giving me performance issues, so I've decided to add a fan and apply a little home automation to it.

What I've noticed is that when the temperature in the house exceeds 75 (at least at the location of the thermostat) my electronics start feeling the heat and I can see it in the performance. So I setup a mini high velocity fan and pointed it at the hub that all of my HDMI devices are plugged in to.

Then I plugged the fan into Wemo plug and setup my recipes using the new (v3) SmartThings app, if the temperature inside hits 75 it will automatically turn on, if it goes to 73 it automatically shuts off. I've been using this setup for a couple of weeks now and it works like a champ, cooling the hub only when needed.

Nothing spectacular but sort of neat to see it toggling on and off accordingly.

sFWENuL.png

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
Looks like your Wemo works. Mine was always giving me problems. I was so happy to get rid of it and get the Koogeek that always works.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looks like your Wemo works. Mine was always giving me problems. I was so happy to get rid of it and get the Koogeek that always works.
Yeah, I've been using them for years and they can definitely be a pain in the ass but usually once I get them dialed in they work well.

Top Bottom
1 2