Horror movies

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rewatched The Amnityville Horror 2 which I haven't seen in many years, but remember loving it when I was in my late teens. I still thought it was pretty good on this watch, more entertaining than the first, and as horror movies go it really keeps your interest and keeps the horror coming. There really isn't a lot of dead space or footage that could have left out that was dragging. It also seems more like a prequel because it seems to mirror the story of the DeFeo family that was killed in the house before the Lutz family moved in and it became known as the most haunted house in the US. It's currently streaming on Shutter if you have it.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I saw the first "Amityville Horror" just last week, the 1979 one. It's actually held up well. Which is to say it was a riveting piece of hokum then and it's still a riveting piece of hokum now.

I do have to pretend I can't see the little slits they made in the wallpaper to let the blood come pouring down the walls. šŸ˜‰

The best parts are the house itself, which looks like a monster with eyes; and the main theme, which sounds like a creepy children's song.

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw the first "Amityville Horror" just last week, the 1979 one. It's actually held up well. Which is to say it was a riveting piece of hokum then and it's still a riveting piece of hokum now.

I do have to pretend I can't see the little slits they made in the wallpaper to let the blood come pouring down the walls. šŸ˜‰

The best parts are the house itself, which looks like a monster with eyes; and the main theme, which sounds like a creepy children's song.

Big fan of the theme song myself. I was part of a 2 man dark wave band back in the late 90's and we would put that on at the beginning of our live shows.

Top Bottom