Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This moment was everything.

View attachment 18304

OK, yeah, that was a very solid EP, and Paddy Considine holy hell, he was amazing.

The scene above? I just read that wasn't scripted, like the crown fell off during the shot, and Matt Smith picked it up and kind of just kept shooting. A couple of people pointed out how it was sort of awkward, like almost too real, which I think it what made it work so well.

Full article:

Couldn't agree more, IMO this was the most moving moment in the entire series to date, a very powerful scene.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I liked Episode 9 because it was was not what I expected. However I also am thinking why not burn them? It would have simplified the situation greatly. :)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I liked Episode 9 because it was was not what I expected. However I also am thinking why not burn them? It would have simplified the situation greatly. :)

Yeah, kind of seemed like we were due for a red wedding moment. But if they took them all out it wouldn’t leave much of a show. All the plotters were pretty much present.

Also take note, even in fantasy realms the common citizens are pretty much dragon fodder. Have to imagine more than a handful were taken out in that grand entrance. I’m sure the Tucker Carlson of the realm has something to say about that. Dragon ANTIFA not accepting the results of a successful coup and disrupting a peaceful gathering of patriots.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, kind of seemed like we were due for a red wedding moment. But if they took them all out it wouldn’t leave much of a show. All the plotters were pretty much present.

Also take note, even in fantasy realms the common citizens are pretty much dragon fodder. Have to imagine more than a handful were taken out in that grand entrance. I’m sure the Tucker Carlson of the realm has something to say about that. Dragon ANTIFA not accepting the results of a successful coup and disrupting a peaceful gathering of patriots.
Yeah, that’s writers for you, ;)

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Eve Best expounded on why Rhaenys makes the choice not torch the Greens as per her EW Interview:

"It's the pinnacle," Best says, expounding on this sequence. "It's the moment when she shows herself to be the greatest possible ruler. It was the most outrageous and explosive action of the season. In a way, it's also the most merciful and most graceful act. It's because she's so intelligent and in the end chooses to do the right thing, which is not to destroy. It's a truly forgiving moment and sort of a loving moment, in a weird way. She has all the ammunition, and the desire for revenge is so great. She's suffered so much loss, and for her own sake and on behalf of so many others, the urge to destroy is so strong. And yet the choice not to destroy becomes even stronger. That's the mark of greatness and [a] truly inspiring moment"

She also explained why she had the armor:

"She's packed it," Best notes of Rhaenys' battle attire. "She's traveled to King's Landing with it because it's part of her dragon-riding equipment. Also, probably in that moment of knowledge in episode 8, she's flying into tricky waters... She hasn't worn it for a very, very, very long time and the fact that she's wearing it means business. It's like, 'This is it. No more games.'"

I had a feeling the beast under the boards meant a dragon. But I had no clue it would erupt when and where it did. Talk about a penultimate moment. It literally made me sit up from where I was laying on the sofa. I didn't want to miss one nanosecond of that interaction.

Really looking forward to the finale (even though I already know what happens) but also sad it's coming to an end. Two years is a long wait for season 2. 😐

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Sure, burning the seditious lot would have prevented lots of bloodshed. It is also most certainly what they would have done in her position.

The Queen Who Never Was did not want that to be her legacy. She is better than that. Unfortunately. :p

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eve Best expounded on why Rhaenys makes the choice not torch the Greens as per her EW Interview:

I had a feeling the beast under the boards meant a dragon. But I had no clue it would erupt when and where it did. Talk about a penultimate moment. It literally made me sit up from where I was laying on the sofa. I didn't want to miss one nanosecond of that interaction.

Really looking forward to the finale (even though I already know what happens) but also sad it's coming to an end. Two years is a long wait for season 2. 😐

Although I wasn't expecting that exact action and moment, I did find myself thinking that ceremony wasn't going to just go by without any interruption.

Also I appreciated the transformation from the disinterested prince to the king basking in the applause from the crowd. It was somewhat subtle but some great acting there.

The last 2 episodes really stepped things up IMO. Before those I was starting to feel a little "I guess I'll slog through the latest episode." without much excitement.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I was accidentally spoiled as to the finale so won't do it to all of you. Just prepare yourselves.

We will be ready ...

1666133660527.png

:LOL:

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Spoiled by what source, out of curiosity?
Several places overall b/c I frequent a lot of HOTD related areas online (forums, reddit, Twitter, IG, etc.). But IIRC, I performed a search for something HOTD related and it took me to a full episode spoiler site.

It's not the first time this has happened to me. I still love the show and all the actors. As I've said earlier, this is my favorite TV (and book) genre so I kind of did it to myself. I'll live. ;)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

That is one perspective/excuse. ;) I’ve told my wife on many occasions watching Kings operate, that hanging out at court is playing with fire. Do you like playing with fire? :D

The Hand Hightower has been maneuvering forever to install his grandson to the throne, we can all understand this, yet it all boils down to your sympathies, who do you like best?

I don’t like him, most likely by design, he has been murdering anyone from allied houses who says no or gets in his way. The Queen seems ultimately to be a decent person, The King really confused things at his dieing moment, she seems to be convinced about what she heard. Everyone else unlike the audience views this as nothing more than a blatant power grab.

That said, I like Rhaenys and from her perspective does she love these usurpers? Maybe, maybe she hopes to sue for peace while kicking the Hightowers out of Kings Landing. However, to weigh the possible cost in human life, if you are convinced these are murderous usurper and know a war is coming, it would make complete sense to have torched them and save yourself and your family a lot of grief.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
it would make complete sense to have torched them and save yourself and your family a lot of grief.

I just found myself envisioning a Monty Python moment when the dragon not only torched the plotters but also the production crew, sound stage, and parking lot. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom
1 2