House passes vote to decriminalize pot

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
States still get to decide what they want to do. Likely places like Idaho and Oklahoma will continue to have possession be a felony.
Thank god because legal pot is a delight. I’ve been to stores in WA, CO, and there’s a convenient one in MA about 25 minutes from me.

The general GOP resistance makes no sense so pharma is clearly greasing palms.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
There are several interests that want to maintain the drug "war". The police are very much against legalization because they will not get paid as well and will have less chance to play camo-dress-up. The booze industry does not want the competition. Of course the alt-white find it a convenient way to keep those people down. But, most importantly, the dealers definitely do not want it legalized, because, what will they do then.

Just consider that for a moment. The dealers make an elaborate, coördinated effort to skirt the law. What is that called? Oh, yeah, I remember now. It is entirely legit to declare that the Republican Party supports organized crime.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Thank god because legal pot is a delight. I’ve been to stores in WA, CO, and there’s a convenient one in MA about 25 minutes from me.

That, and the old white man legacy of criminalizing that hippie and/or black/brown drug, from decades ago.

BLACK MEN ARE SMOKING WEED AND COMING FOR YOUR WHITE WOMEN!

:ROFLMAO:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That, and the old white man legacy of criminalizing that hippie and/or black/brown drug, from decades ago.

BLACK MEN ARE SMOKING WEED AND COMING FOR YOUR WHITE WOMEN!

:ROFLMAO:
tenor.gif

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score

It's been a while since I have seen many of you, so you don't know my story with this.

About 9 years ago, I developed bad Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I went to a gastroenterologist because I just couldn't live with the reflux, bloating, constipation. It was constant and the bloating was extremely painful. It got to the point where it was 24/7, and the bloating was so bad that my innie became an outie. I tried everything with my doc- modified diet, no alcohol, and then finally pills. The pills got rid of the reflux, but nothing else.

Finally, we tried pot once that got legalized here. BOOM. In a week, it was all gone. I couldn't believe it. I have been symptom-free for almost year now.

You bet your ass pharma hates legalized marijuana. And this is just one example why.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally, we tried pot once that got legalized here. BOOM. In a week, it was all gone. I couldn't believe it. I have been symptom-free for almost year now.
My son uses it for the same reason. I’m stuck with CBD for the nonce, and it’s not quite as good. But it’s gotten me through some bad neuropathy pain.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
My son uses it for the same reason. I’m stuck with CBD for the nonce, and it’s not quite as good. But it’s gotten me through some bad neuropathy pain.
I was hoping CBD might work for me, but apparently it's the cannabinoids in THC that do the trick for my stomach. CBD didn't do anything. The research also says it's the THC cannabinoids that help with IBS.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was hoping CBD might work for me, but apparently it's the cannabinoids in THC that do the trick for my stomach. CBD didn't do anything. The research also says it's the THC cannabinoids that help with IBS.
Yup.

So many positives to come from the decriminalization of pot.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
Yup.

So many positives to come from the decriminalization of pot.
Except for pharmaceutical companies. They stand to lose a lot with legalization. There are a lot of ailments marijuana helps with. The list is long, and pharma does not like that one bit.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Except for pharmaceutical companies. They stand to lose a lot with legalization. There are a lot of ailments marijuana helps with. The list is long, and pharma does not like that one bit.
No sympathy. They’ll still wind up making money off the legalization. They will wind up supplying it in pill form.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
No sympathy. They’ll still wind up making money off the legalization. They will wind up supplying it in pill form.
They might. But they still won't make as much. Pot companies are independent of pharma, and they already have their markets well-established in states where it's legal. I don't see that changing much.

And I agree- screw pharmaceutical companies. :D Especially after the opioid mess they fostered.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
It is just a matter of time before weed is removed from federal schedules. The impact on pharmaceutical companies will be negligible once the US takes this action.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Pot companies are independent of pharma, and they already have their markets well-established in states where it's legal.
It was almost disturbing, here. Within a few months of legalization, the retail engine was at full speed, with expert sales staff who could pick you a strain that would have just the effects you want, with dozens of different kinds of edibles in what look like professional packaging. By now, it feels like this business has been around as long as we can remember, at least as long as Seven-Eleven. With, of course, the boom/crash business cycle already having hit at least one state.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
It was almost disturbing, here. Within a few months of legalization, the retail engine was at full speed, with expert sales staff who could pick you a strain that would have just the effects you want, with dozens of different kinds of edibles in what look like professional packaging. By now, it feels like this business has been around as long as we can remember, at least as long as Seven-Eleven. With, of course, the boom/crash business cycle already having hit at least one state.
We had medical legal here for a while before complete legalization. So the framework was already in place. It was like that on day 1.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My hope is that since Florida has already legalized medical use, they will legalize it recreationally. That way I can just drive over and buy some.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
It is just a matter of time before weed is removed from federal schedules. The impact on pharmaceutical companies will be negligible once the US takes this action.

Given the contention between those advocating for complete legalization, and those wanting to make it primarily medicinal, I'd say the most likely outcome as far as the feds are concerned is making it a Schedule IV drug.

Top Bottom
1 2