How about a hyper partisan spin contest show?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The premise: 2 teams, one hyper left and one hyper right. They are given a divisive issue and then have to go out and make a short documentary on the subject from their side’s viewpoint. After viewing each they will then be debated and responded to by the opposite side. What was left out? What was focused too heavily on? What was based on fact/data and what was based on opinion? Are there areas where they both agree? Using the 3 judge/host system - 1 left, 1 right, and 1 centrist.

Not really sure what would determine a winner or if the subject should take place over an episode or several episodes or a season with behind the scenes of making the documentaries, but I think it would give the viewers an entertaining and informative opportunity to see both sides without having to flip the channel. Might even inspire some common ground, God forbid.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Oh, hahaha, that's Mark Burnett the guy who created all the reality TV game/competition shows like Survivor, The Apprentice, Shark Tank, I figured you could send him your pitch :D

The wife and I actually tried out for The Apprentice ... don't ask. :LOL:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The premise: 2 teams, one hyper left and one hyper right. They are given a divisive issue and then have to go out and make a short documentary on the subject from their side’s viewpoint. After viewing each they will then be debated and responded to by the opposite side. What was left out? What was focused too heavily on? What was based on fact/data and what was based on opinion? Are there areas where they both agree? Using the 3 judge/host system - 1 left, 1 right, and 1 centrist.

Not really sure what would determine a winner or if the subject should take place over an episode or several episodes or a season with behind the scenes of making the documentaries, but I think it would give the viewers an entertaining and informative opportunity to see both sides without having to flip the channel. Might even inspire some common ground, God forbid.
You have a busy brain.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
How about something less polar: musical dias. You have 13 contestants; one is selected at random to put forth a premise of their choosing, on 90 second clock; the other twelve contestants argue their take on the premise on a 60 sec clock, including a closing response from the proposer; the audience of, about 250, votes on the loser, and two contestants are expelled based on the vote. The game is continuous, with a rolling cast, with 2 new contestants replacing the cast-offs for each game.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
How about something less polar: musical dias. You have 13 contestants; one is selected at random to put forth a premise of their choosing, on 90 second clock; the other twelve contestants argue their take on the premise on a 60 sec clock, including a closing response from the proposer; the audience of, about 250, votes on the loser, and two contestants are expelled based on the vote. The game is continuous, with a rolling cast, with 2 new contestants replacing the cast-offs for each game.

Sounds like Twitter Cred: The Game.

What I’m saying is if divisiveness sells then why not put it in one show that is more informative, yet entertaining, than a bunch of stuffed suits sitting around a table yelling over each other. I haven’t seen American Idol in ages, but I remember it being laced with the background and life stories of the contestants. Do that with the people making these documentaries, always helps to see where they are coming from. These will also be average citizens, not career pundits. It would go a long way in explaining people's views instead of just writing the other side off as a bunch of idiots.

Top Bottom
1 2