COVID 19 How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
drew_barrymore_screaming_donnie_darko_fuck_giphy.gif

awesome.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Great.

Free joints.

At a place you couldn't pay me to go back to again.

thekev

Site Champ
Reaction score
Reuters featured Cannabis activists giving away free joints if you show you got a shot. It really baffled me...CBD is an anti-inflammatory that could significant impact on the efficacy of the vaccines... There's some data showing reducing the efficacy of cancer immunotherapy by ~30%. So on one end it seems awesome treating pain and inflammation, but it may be detrimental when inflammation is beneficial for the treatment effect.

They may be unaware that some of the stuff in vaccines is meant to induce a reaction.

Great.

Free joints.

At a place you couldn't pay me to go back to again.

You mean DC?

thekev

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yes.

I don't have pleasant memories of my times there.

And I didn't even get to participate in an insurrection.

It doesn't seem like you missed much. The dynamic of mobs is kind of weird. Many of them seemed to assume they would be okay simply because they saw others doing the same shit. The museums are decent though.

180417_3703577_Saving_the_Plant_1500x844_1213039171881.jpg

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
This article in the Atlantic interviews opposers of the COVID vaccine, and finds the same thing many of us learned from speaking with right-wing devotées about COVID-19.

The coronavirus is a wildly overrated threat. Yes, it’s appropriate and good to protect old and vulnerable people. But I’m not old or vulnerable. If I get it, I’ll be fine. In fact, maybe I have gotten it, and I am fine. I don’t know why I should consider this disease more dangerous than driving a car, a risky thing I do every day without a moment’s worry. Liberals, Democrats, and public-health elites have been so wrong so often, we’d be better off doing the opposite of almost everything they say.
“I’ve lost all faith in the media and public-health officials,” Myles Pindus, a 24-year-old in Brooklyn, said. “It might sound crazy, but I’d rather go to Twitter and check out a few people I trust than take guidance from the CDC, or WHO, or Fauci,”

COVID-19 has an ally in this battle. Human tribalism and stupidity.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
This article in the Atlantic interviews opposers of the COVID vaccine, and finds the same thing many of us learned from speaking with right-wing devotées about COVID-19.

COVID-19 has an ally in this battle. Human tribalism and stupidity.
The privilege is just astounding. It largely started with the Zika epidemic. Obama's admin launched its collab in 2016 given a contract to Moderna to develop an mRNA based vaccine against Zika. Now we have tech and clinical trial designs that revolutionized vaccine creation in just a year...Transformation that would have taken decades took a year. It's absolutely amazing. It's only a matter of time that we'll have vaccines against the common cold even. Average Joe's response: nothankyou.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The privilege is just astounding. It largely started with the Zika epidemic. Obama's admin launched its collab in 2016 given a contract to Moderna to develop an mRNA based vaccine against Zika. Now we have tech and clinical trial designs that revolutionized vaccine creation in just a year...Transformation that would have taken decades took a year. It's absolutely amazing. It's only a matter of time that we'll have vaccines against the common cold even. Average Joe's response: nothankyou.
They really think they are better than scientists who studied this their whole lives and actually invented the vaccines. It is truly appalling to me. As a professional musician, I’ve come to expect the idiotic comments about it not being a real job, or that anybody can sing, etc. But to see the same attitude towards the world’s top scientists? Truly incredible.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
They really think they are better than scientists who studied this their whole lives and actually invented the vaccines. It is truly appalling to me. As a professional musician, I’ve come to expect the idiotic comments about it not being a real job, or that anybody can sing, etc. But to see the same attitude towards the world’s top scientists? Truly incredible.
I can see why people don't trust scientists. Quite simply put, most just don't know any in person.
Some people think it's a separate class of out-of-touch people, so they prefer connecting with the Twidiot they think they know.

Top Bottom