How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And a sixth person on the flight has now tested positive. That's 10%.

And this will most likely be the last update on this because they are stopping updates

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

And this will most likely be the last update on this because they are stopping updates
If this thread were about unmasked Democrats on a plane we could maybe understand your obsession but it's really more about COVID in general so please stop derailing it. Feel free to start your own thread if you want.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's off topic but he has no idea that just the terminology he uses gives away his sources on the topic. For a medical person "late-term" means absolutely nothing and this term is used exactly for this reason. The catch-all medical term is viability which is a moving target when it comes to foeti.

Yup.

Thus far we have learnt that @Herdfan knows nothing about women (cis or trans), Blacks, Obama, Muslims, biology, ecology, economics, hell, even Hispanics. While I consider my duty to fight ignorance, I too have limits to my ambitions. I doubt we'd be able to rectify any of these deficiencies.

Yup.

D

Deleted member 199

Heeeey. The money is in the subsequent paragraphs:
I kind of think the linked "summarised online" text is wrong, isn't that linking to the aforementioned 'letter' that a bunch of them signed? I got caught up in 5 pages of names and institutes in it and figured it can't be a 'summary' at that point.

That was quite interesting, but also quite shocking that the proximity of the first cases to the two theorised sources, was not considered previously.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I addressed this before. But he refused to say "Radical Islamic Terrorist" and insisted on calling ISIS ISIL when even the liberal media called it ISIS.

So it is just my opinion.
Imo, Obama instead of kowtowing to terrorists was trying to avoid sounding like he was against all Muslims. I’m not sure about what the significance is of saying ISIS vs ISIL? If it’s the same organization, or no?

D

Deleted member 199

And how many of them have serious symptoms, or been hospitalised? So far I've seen two articles saying they collectively have zero or mild symptoms.

D

Deleted member 199

I’m not sure about what the significance is of saying ISIS vs ISIL? If it’s the same organization, or no?
It depends on the translation from Arabic basically. Neither is a literal 1:1 translation from the original name,

U

User.45

And how many of them have serious symptoms, or been hospitalised? So far I've seen two articles saying they collectively have zero or mild symptoms.
Yeah this is the issue. The vaccine was tested for preventing symptomatic disease, they didn't study the efficacy in preventing asymptomatic disease to that same scale (AFAIK). This is why this tells very little about anything, other than masks should be worn in larger groups in spaces with close circuit ventilation. Nothing new here.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I imagine this image may offend some, but it's turning out to be more & more true.

E6wKcGHUcAMwoWB

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1417492319016833029/

Along with the younger people who unfortunately imagine they maybe indestructible.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I addressed this before. But he refused to say "Radical Islamic Terrorist" and insisted on calling ISIS ISIL when even the liberal media called it ISIS.

So it is just my opinion.
What does ISIL stand for vs what does ISIS stand for?

Why does saying those 3 magical words matter to you?

D

Deleted member 199

Yeah this is the issue. The vaccine was tested for preventing symptomatic disease, they didn't study the efficacy in preventing asymptomatic disease to that same scale (AFAIK). This is why this tells very little about anything, other than masks should be worn in larger groups in spaces with close circuit ventilation. Nothing new here.
So, while I realise you aren't a virologist or epidemiologist, to the best of your knowledge if someone has it, but is asymptomatic - does that suggest they're not being 'harmed' internally (i.e. severe lung damage is a common one with CODID, right?)? I thought symptoms were generally either (a) directly because of the harm being done (e.g. trouble breathing due to physical damage to lung tissue), or (b) a result of your bodies attempt to fight it off (e.g. fever). Is there a scenario where it's doing damage internally, but the person has zero symptoms?

Not being snarky if that wasn't obvious.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
If this thread were about unmasked Democrats on a plane we could maybe understand your obsession but it's really more about COVID in general so please stop derailing it. Feel free to start your own thread if you want.

Sure thing. It's your party.

But the unmasked Democrats on the plane have now infected two staffers, one WH and one from Pelosi's office with COVID. So if that isn't about COVID, then I guess I don't understand the purpose of the thread. But I will acquiesce to your request. Will also not respond to questions others posted in this thread not dealing with COVID.

Last edited:
U

User.45

So, while I realise you aren't a virologist or epidemiologist, to the best of your knowledge if someone has it, but is asymptomatic - does that suggest they're not being 'harmed' internally (i.e. severe lung damage is a common one with CODID, right?)? I thought symptoms were generally either (a) directly because of the harm being done (e.g. trouble breathing due to physical damage to lung tissue), or (b) a result of your bodies attempt to fight it off (e.g. fever). Is there a scenario where it's doing damage internally, but the person has zero symptoms?

Not being snarky if that wasn't obvious.
Nah, legit question.
There are personal risks and societal risks.
Personal risks that is best documented is heart inflammation regardless of severity seen in up to 73% of patients regardless of severity. It also promotes an inflammatory state that can lead to organ damage, failure, and blood clots. Most of these however are expected to present with some symptoms, as you mention an inflammatory response comes with symptoms like fever, chills, muscle aches, malaise, generalized weakness, fatigue, etc. Imagine that you have X amount of reserve. When you are young, actually have a lot of reserve, so even some low level of pneumonia could even be largely asymptomatic, whereas the same extent of lung involvement could render someone else with less reserve, like an elderly person totally incapacitated.

The societal risks are
1) every new host provides a new opportunity for the virus to mutate and generate a novel variant, which may be better at evading prior immunity
2) they can spread the disease further without their knowledge. Here again the biggest concern is still them not really getting sick but making the vulnerable/unvaccinated gravely ill.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Face mask advisory in Provincetown, Mass. An outbreak of 139 cases, mostly people who’re fully vaxxed. Moderate symptoms.

For those unfamiliar, it’s a summer tourist town at the tip of Cape Cod. I love it there. Crowds can be fierce, and all of the buildings are old, low ceilings, not-ideal ventilation I’m sure.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sure thing. It's your party.

But the unmasked Democrats on the plane have now infected two staffers, one WH and one from Pelosi's office with COVID. So if that isn't about COVID, then I guess I don't understand the purpose of the thread. But I will acquiesce to your request. Will also not respond to questions others posted in this thread not dealing with COVID.
The point is the only discussion you are having about it is related to dems on a plane and that's it. We get it man, you've beaten this dead horse over and over and over, it's hyperpartisan and your ONLY angle. Go bitch about it in the political forum.

U

User.45

The point is the only discussion you are having about it is related to dems on a plane and that's it. We get it man, you've beaten this dead horse over and over and over, it's hyperpartisan and your ONLY angle. Go bitch about it in the political forum.
I'll add that those who got the shots first (i.e. our "essential" politicians) will be the first set of people with breakthrough infections if there's a time element here (and there is).

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Time for some to get deeply in their feelings, and decide that businesses should NOT be allowed to do what they want. ...Despite all that birthday cake talk... :sneaky:

Actually I think I have been pretty clear on this. Businesses can do what they want, and I can choose to not give them my money. That's how it works.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I'll add that those who got the shots first (i.e. our "essential" politicians) will be the first set of people with breakthrough infections if there's a time element here (and there is).

So do you, in your opinion, think we will need boosters?

Top Bottom
1 2