How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
addressed this before. But he refused to say "Radical Islamic Terrorist" and insisted on calling ISIS ISIL when even the liberal media called it ISIS.
It depends on the translation from Arabic basically. Neither is a literal 1:1 translation from the original name,
The translation is everything. Other countries have always referred to them as Dayesh (sp?), and that would probably have solved the issue for all. But it doesn’t answer the question of what makes a Muslim sympathizer.

So proudly wearing a shirt that says "Ask me about my abortion" is not celebrating it?
I dunno. Did you ask? I could wear a shirt that says “ask me about my cancer,” but it would not be a happy celebratory conversation. I’ve never seen such a shirt, but I would totally ask the wearer. Until such time as one of us does that, we cannot say.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
A bizarre fringe group that calls itself “America’s Frontline Doctors” filed a motion in federal court on Monday against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the parent agency of the FDA, to seek an injunction that would halt all vaccinations for covid-19 in the country. And while the lawsuit is unlikely to succeed, it demonstrates just how desperate the death cult of former President Donald Trump has gotten.

The motion, filed in the U.S. Northern District Court of Alabama, falsely claims that vaccines which have been given emergency use authorization by the FDA do not actually prevent the spread of covid-19. The people behind America’s Frontline Doctors also claim that emergency use authorization should never have been granted because the coronavirus pandemic is not an emergency.

“Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (‘CDC’) data shows that the Vaccines are not effective in treating or preventing SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19,” the group falsely claimed.

And that’s just one of many ludicrous assertions made in the lawsuit, which is filled with dozens of pages of conspiratorial nonsense and scientific illiteracy, including an unfounded claim that coronavirus vaccines have killed at least 45,000 people in the U.S.
Pogo+4.jpg

There are even bizarre tables that appear to have been ripped directly from the internet, warning that health measures taken to protect against covid-19 infection are identical to Communist brainwashing methods first identified in the 1950s. Seriously.
eea19348addbac90e970a421c8c7f1d3.png

The group behind the lawsuit, America’s Frontline Doctors, first made a name for themselves in July of 2020 when President Donald Trump was pushing hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for covid-19. The drug doesn’t help treat coronavirus and Trump never received the drug when he was treated for covid-19. Trump did, however, get vaccinated in secret.

The group gave a press conference which was ridiculed not just for shady science. America’s Frontline Doctors also associate with some of the weirdest “medical professionals” you’ll ever come across in the 21st century. As one example, Dr. Stella Immanuel, a Texas doctor who spoke at the press conference insisted that cysts were caused by people having sex with demons and witches.

Dr. Simone Gold, a doctor and lawyer in Los Angeles, founded the group and previously appeared on Fox News when Donald Trump was president. Gold also has connections to the Tea Party Patriots Foundation. Gold was also at the Washington riot on January 6, when Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building in an attempt to stop the certification of 2020's election results that made Joe Biden president. Gold even made a speech a day earlier calling the covid-19 vaccine an “experimental, biological agent deceptively named a vaccine,” according to the Washington Post.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I know it's easy to bash Republicans for being late to the game with vaccines but I think we should be applauding them here, Fox News, Mitch McConnell, et al. are stepping up and encouraging vaccines and right now that's what we should all be doing.
The reason any of those individuals got bashed at all is because of THAT highlighted word.

How many people may have died unnecessarily because they brought into partisan gamesmanship for no actual benefit?

It's that behavior to me, that defines the term "depraved indifference". That's why it was easy & necessary to bash all those individuals, so they could only be begrudgingly dragged to this point and final show a modicum of concern for those that have been foolish enough to listen to them so far.

So no, as far as I'm concerned there's no applause. Just wondering what finally dragged them to this point, and an understandable wondering if it's again out of concern for themselves and not those unvaccinated filling up hospitals now & stressing out medial staff. Finally being responsible after spending so much time intentionally avoiding responsibility doesn't get a one handed clap from a dead goldfish floating in a toilet bowl. At best it gets you a "bout fucking time assholes".

We really have to stop treating these individuals like the sane versions that may have existed some time ago & stop coddling them. They want to tell others to be responsible for themselves like that asshat Kilamede was ranting on Faux & friends about. It's time for them to be responsible and not act like they are some group that needs extra love. They have no love for others, and that lack of love is leading them to follow idiots who do vaccinate, and they are the ones suffering for it. Call the assholes & idiots out, shine the biggest light on them, so more have that unfortunately necessary mea culpa while they are in the hospital wracking up bills that are insane. More people need to be forced to see & acknowledge how little these people NOW asking them to vaccinate actually give a shit about them.

I'm sorry. I personally just can't do that. After listening to the endless whining & crying about what we had to do when this first began, only to have that same crowd drag us back. To the point of making this a fatal fruitless cycle, I can't help rage at the idea of "applauding" a thing concerning anyone party to this. For Facebook, Faux, muscomitch ( really didn't vote for the aid package & gives no shits ) I have only a "one finger salute" for all of them.

tenor.gif

Rant over. Sorry.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
From my perspective, it's hard for me to justify saying "everyone needs to step up and do their part to get people vaccinated" and then attack them when they do. I have always taken this virus seriously and IMO we all should. The more people who get behind it, the better, no matter what it took for them to get there.

D

Deleted member 199

From my perspective, it's hard for me to justify saying "everyone needs to step up and do their part to get people vaccinated" and then attack them when they do. I have always taken this virus seriously and IMO we all should. The more people who get behind it, the better, no matter what it took for them to get there.
I complain a lot about the fuckups of vaccination handling here, but you're absolutely right.

If someone does an about face and works towards getting people vaccinated, in whatever way - thats a positive thing and should be encouraged.

There's plenty of time to worry about their previous idiotic actions/comments once people are vaccinated.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score

I celebrate and applaud folks who got in a line and patiently waited for up to three hours to get a vaccination, twice.

I don’t do anything for folks who resisted getting a vaccination and, worse, parroted conspiracy backwash until the moment they realized the only people getting violently ill were their fellow wooden-headed peers. Like, at this point, the bar is so low as to be just plain removed (which is the second time in a day I’ve leaned on this imagery, but as the shoe fits).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So proudly wearing a shirt that says "Ask me about my abortion" is not celebrating it?

Sounds like someone happy with - and willing to discuss - the right to choose, the nature of that choice, not necessarily being something they would celebrate.

Why is that so herd to understand.

Yeah, I know how I spelled it ...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

I still think I'm sad rather than angry about a lot of these cases. I don't usually know the level or quality of education of the anti-vaxxers who are plain citizens. But some of the people meanwhile having "educated" them in disinforming ways about covid-19 are themselves highly educated but have chosen for sheerly political reasons to downplay covid or rail against the vaccines. To me that's inexcusable.

One exception though as far as politics are concerned is Robert F Kennedy Jr., a Democrat and a guy who has inexplicably ended up among the dozen most highly influential misinformation spreaders on the subject of covid-19 and other vaccines. it's inexplicable because he himself is highly educated (Harvard, London School of Economics, Pace University) and MUST know better --and not least as a result of being an outlier on the subject of vaccines within his famous and also highly educated tribe of Kennedy kinfolk). The problem with his take on vaccines is that like a lot of celebrity misinformation spreaders, he's good at constructing his own desired context for selected facts and thus weaving a tapestry that can look sturdy while doing the public a great disservice.

D

Deleted member 199

themselves highly educated but have chosen for sheerly political reasons to downplay covid or rail against the vaccines.

The real icing on the turd cake is that those screaming the loudest are themselves very likely to be (or known to be) vaccinated.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I know it's easy to bash Republicans for being late to the game with vaccines but I think we should be applauding them here, Fox News, Mitch McConnell, et al. are stepping up and encouraging vaccines and right now that's what we should all be doing.
It’s because of the Wall St. scare the other day; look at the day the market took a dive, then look at when these politicians started to change their tune. Their corporate donors called them and told them to stop with the anti-vax BS.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Some numbers from my side of the pond for reference:

In Sweden 74.3% of adults have gotten at least a first jab, and 46.9% are fully vaccinated. Anyone 18+ can get the vaccine now in all regions. Currently 0.15% of fully vaccinated persons have tested positive for covid-19.

In the Stockholm region infections are up 44% compared to the previous week (784 new cases among the 2.3 million inhabitants). Mostly the delta variant. 18-29:ers largest group, many having caught the virus abroad. Gotta travel to party islands and beaches you know. ¡Una cerveza, por favor! Μια μπύρα, παρακαλώ! Ro hit en bira för fan!

Speaking of youngsters, apparently 28% of our kids (0-19 years) have antibodies. Sounds like plenty of infections not present in the official stats, but hey, what do I know?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It’s because of the Wall St. scare the other day; look at the day the market took a dive, then look at when these politicians started to change their tune. Their corporate donors called them and told them to stop with the anti-vax BS.
If that's what it takes I'm all for it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
To be clear, what my rant is based on is the specific persons you mentioned. These were individual(s) who while most likely vaccinated themselves, choose to promote vaccine hesitancy if not outright falsehoods, for their own ends & no concern for those who listen to them. I for one didn’t look at as “everyone needs to step up”, because those who gave a shit about themselves AND others DID step up. It’s those either in their feelings or thinking they were sticking ( pun intended ) to others, who we find filling hospitals. We are having surges again of something that group so hated they LARPED in store bought military gear, to whine about not being able to go to Chili’s whenever they wanted.

I’d love more people to get behind this, but they HAVE to want to. If listening to _ucker Carlson is enough to dissuade someone from doing that they need to do for their own good… I just don’t believe giving anything more then the suspicious side eye like most of social media did, with Hannity’s abrupt UNEXPECTED turn. To ME, that doesn’t rate applause, because as I said we have good reason to be suspicious why they suddenly pivoted. Instead a blinding light powerful enough to burn thru metal should be shown, otherwise to these sorts, they will keep doing such things. It’s why we have a Republican Party that blatantly will come right out and admit they will do nothing governance wise, because it doesn’t benefit them politically. But the first time even one shows they remember they had a moral compass, some want to trot out the ‘patriot’ term & shower with praise. No. They just did something in their best interest & it happened to align with doing the right thing.

To paraphrase a saying, “even a broken clock is right 2X a day”. It doesn’t mean you keep the clock & think it’s great. It’s still broken.

Just more ranting

U

User.191

I don't believe Obama is Muslim. I believe he could be a Muslim sympathizer.
I’m going to take your post by meaning “Muslim Sympathizer“ = “supporter of Islamic Terrorism”. I’m a Muslim supporter myself. I’m also a Buddhist Supporter. I’m a Christian Supporter. I’m an athiest Supporter.

What I do NOT support is hatred or terrorism, wether it be from people of Islamic faith, or Christian.

So, to your statement:

Why? Because of his skin color? Because of his name? Because of where some of his family came from?

In politics he gave zero indication of being a Muslim Sympathizer. He was the President who gave the OK to the mission to take out Osma Bin Laden. He gave sppeches decrying terrorism in all forms for all religions.

So, please define “muslim supporter” with citations.

Top Bottom
1 2