How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The NFL looks to be serious about vaccinations. They have some pretty stiff penalties if unvaccinated players cause a problem.

As a Bills fan, I am deeply disappointed in one particular team member:

So much for being a team player. Well, if he gets cut, good luck getting a job elsewhere as a 32-year old receiver who, if on a team, could lead to his team literally forfeiting a game.

WTF is wrong with people’s brains? You will give up your career to avoid getting a shot?

It’s a shame because he was a very productive member of the team and it’s a delight to watch him play.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This...this is pathetically sad. And totally avoidable.

‘It’s too late’: US doctor says dying patients begging for Covid vaccine

...“I’m admitting young, healthy people to the hospital with very serious Covid infections,” wrote (Dr. Brytney) Cobia in a Facebook post on Sunday.

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late,” she added, referring to patients who have to be put on a ventilator.
My bold.

U

User.45

Attachments

• 1626970973525.png
    1626970973525.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 31

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
He is still working to try and get more people vaccinated, and I hope he is successful in that endeavor.

Ohio started the whole vaccination lottery and WV and KY followed. FYI, Babydog is Big Jim's bulldog.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
SUNY will use $24M (about 5%) of its stimulus funding to expand mental health services. Added to existing budgeting, this will mean that about $59M in total will fund mental health and wellness services across the 64-campus system. It's meant to cover counseling, telemedicine and peer-to-peer connections as well as safe spaces for LGBTQ students.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Some people reluctant to get the vaccine have decided to take the plunge. :cool:

The article below title doesn’t reflect the actual story for some reason…

On a single day this past week, more than half a million peopleacross the United States trickled into high school gymnasiums, pharmacies and buses converted into mobile clinics. Then they pushed up their sleeves and got their Covid vaccines.

These are the Americans who are being vaccinated at this moment in the pandemic: the reluctant, the anxious, the procrastinating.

“‘You’re going to die — get the Covid vaccine,’” Grace Carper, 15, recently told her mother, Nikki White, of Urbandale, Iowa, as they debated when they would get their shots. Ms. White, 38, woke up on Thursday and said she would do it. “If you want to go get your vaccine, get up,” Ms. White told her daughter, who agreed eagerly, and they went together to a Hy-Vee supermarket.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
And now Hannity is backtracking on the vaccine.

"For some reason, me saying take COVID seriously has finally caught up with the mob and the -- and the media. Now, I think they've got ulterior motives… - you know, there's been this attempt to blame conservatives for the vaccine hesitancy,"

That’s so unfair to conservatives. You know? 🙄

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
So Kay Ivey was in the news for a day, for her "no nonsense" approach to blaming the unvaccinated for Alabama's issues with Covid.

Only there's a bit of an issue of Ivey specifically being the one to blame the unvaccinated, as if her party hasn't had a hand in making this an issue.

You can stop @ 5 minutes to get the relevant part

I think the more likely reasoning for Ivey's new outlook & potentially other politicians is this...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You may have heard about how there's an Olympics going on right now.

For some people...

The Olympics are always full of surprises, and right at the beginning of the Tokyo Games, there’s already a stunner: the first vaccine-shunning idiot to ruin things for a bunch of other people isn’t an American.

Yes, other countries have morons, too! Proving that is Czech doctor Vlastimil Voracek, who tested negative for COVID-19 before leaving Prague for Japan, but positive upon arrival. Now there are six members of the Czech delegation who have tested positive, including beach volleyball player Markéta Sluková-Nausch, who, along with partner Barbora Hermannova, had to default their opening match, ending their Olympic dream before it could even begin.

And the very person responsible for the Czech athletes’ health, Voracek, is to blame. The doctor was eligible for a vaccine, but his statement that, “The organizers stipulated the rules … vaccination was voluntary,” answers the question of whether he got his shots just as clearly as Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott’s bogus claim that being questioned on his vaccine status was somehow a HIPAA violation.

We’ve been over this for more than a year: all that HIPAA means is that healthcare providers can’t go around blabbing about your medical information, not that your COVID status cannot be discussed with the media. It’s just a case of Prescott not wanting to say out loud that he hasn’t been vaccinated, because somewhere deep down, he knows that he’s wrong, and you don’t see anyone who’s gotten the vaccine going on and on about how it’s nobody’s business whether they’ve been vaxxed.

I still find myself mystified that some can't grasp that things like masks & vaccines are also about doing for others, not just yourself. Now this doctor worried about himself, cost members of his team their possible olympic dreams.

U

User.45

And now Hannity is backtracking on the vaccine.

That’s so unfair to conservatives. You know? 🙄
In reality it's a crisis of credibility and conservatives aren't handling it well:

Democrat districts represent 91% of the top 100 vaccinated districts
Republican districts represent 92% of the bottom 100 vaccinated districts

Even if I include only states with GOP electoral votes, 50% of top 50 vaccinated districts are represented by Democrats, and 98% of the bottom 50 vaccinated districts are represented by Republicans.

It's just brutal

Credibility crisis in a Tweet:
1627217576194.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom
1 2