How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don’t think I could cope if I weren’t already on medication. My husband is at that point as well, and will ask the family doctor for some of what I’m on for himself. The brain won’t turn off.
For me, turning off the TV and jumping into one of my more calming hobbies goes a long way and is the only way I car really decompress from everything, I mean it's literally Trump TV 24/7 and I simply can't take it. I can't imagine what another 4 years of this man will do to people's mental health.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
It's not just Trump for me. I can handle Trump. Can handle his crazy culty fanbase. But sitting in this house by myself late at night, still semi-quarantined, doing the doomscrolling thing. After awhile, it starts feeling like that shit is infecting your brains, and you don't have a release valve, so it just bounces around in there, picking up momentum.

If there's one thing this year has shown me, it's that I can't one day decide to say fuck it all, and become a hermit in the woods. I'll go crazy from the silence.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's not just Trump for me. I can handle Trump. Can handle his crazy culty fanbase. But sitting in this house by myself late at night, still semi-quarantined, doing the doomscrolling thing. After awhile, it starts feeling like that shit is infecting your brains, and you don't have a release valve, so it just bounces around in there, picking up momentum.

If there's one thing this year has shown me, it's that I can't one day decide to say fuck it all, and become a hermit in the woods. I'll go crazy from the silence.

I think FaceTime has helped a lot with that. My mother and I FT every day, although she is in the same apartment community as her brother and sister-in-law, so they’ve pretty much quarantined together. My son, who lives alone in Brooklyn, never wanted to FaceTime in the past, but now he gets put out if we leave him out of a chat. He spends most of his free time playing pub-g with an old college friend. And the chats with my daughter, who also lives alone, have become far more frequent.

Do you have any outlet for socialization?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
It is kind of baffling how easy it is to surprise some folks,

A study at Cornell University said a thorough review of almost 40 million English-language news reports worldwide identified (Individual-ONE) as the single-largest driver of misinformation about the pandemic. … "That's concerning in that there are real-world dire health implications," Cornell Alliance for Science director Sarah Evanega, the study's lead author, told the Times.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Any adviser who didn't tell Trump what a bad idea it was to bring in minorities to a rally with zero social distancing (even with masks they were packed in like sardines) while he's infected and cases are skyrocketing again should be fired and flogged. There's no way the optics of this thing looks good for him.

U

User.45

Personally I am happy to stand back and let others get in the Covid vaccine queue ahead of me… I am no anti-vaxer. I believe in the science… but this is just, oh I don't know, a little uncomfortable for me.
Adverse events happen, and these are normal procedures during clinical trials, it's just the general public don't follow clinical trials real time.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Adverse events happen, and these are normal procedures during clinical trials, it's just the general public don't follow clinical trials real time.
Oh of course.
I'm just thinking there is a rush and in the race to be first, well who knows what corners are, if not cut, at least smoothed over.

*shrug* Anyway, I am no conspiracy theorist, just happy to stand back and let those who think they are in desperate need of a vaccine to get one.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And just another example of why we need to let the trials go through their course instead of trying to rush it through. Fleshing these things out is what gives the vaccine it's credibility.

U

User.45

Oh of course.
I'm just thinking there is a rush and in the race to be first, well who knows what corners are, if not cut, at least smoothed over.

*shrug* Anyway, I am no conspiracy theorist, just happy to stand back and let those who think they are in desperate need of a vaccine to get one.
And just another example of why we need to let the trials go through their course instead of trying to rush it through. Fleshing these things out is what gives the vaccine it's credibility.
I agree that the political pressure in the present climate is something researchers had never had to deal with before, and therefore I'm not certain how equipped they are to balance it out. It's hard not to cave in or not to overcompensate.

Hopefully Trump is ousted in 3 weeks and the unreasonable pressure is removed from researchers.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
How you vote matters. Look at this chart for how this deadly pandemic affects states based on their politics.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1315793901551198210/
Wow, that is a stark look at the difference between Republicans and Democrats. I think it's just that Republicans don't give a fuck about who they infect, to them their way of life and the economy outweigh the lives of those they're putting at risk. However, in the end all they have to do is wear a mask and socially distance themselves but even THAT is too much for them.

Top Bottom
1 2