How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Your observation isn’t an observation though. It’s a hypothetical. That you made up. To imply that Democrats would do something. You cannot observe that which never happened.

That's fair on the observation vs hypothetical. But I did not make it up.

On a similar point, I do think a portion of the country would go completely bat :poop: if this were true:

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
U

User.45

Same question to you. Did you read even the headline of the article I posted?

For the record, I am not saying it is like the flu.
Well, as usual, I've probably spent more time reading this article than you did posting it.

I again have no idea what you are trying to say beyond coming up with an imaginary story packaged into a non-sensical question, Tucker Carlson style. At least that guy looks like an idiot for money. What's you excuse?

Here's an actual good CNN Op Ed (rarity) from an ID guy from Sloan Kettering:

I bet you'll like the Stalin reference in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
That's fair on the observation vs hypothetical. But I did not make it up.

On a similar point, I do think a portion of the country would go completely bat :poop: if this were true:

Well, the two cannabinoid compounds in question are CBGA and CBDA, neither of which have psychotropic effects, at least in the sense of being able to get one “high”. The author actually claimed THC reduced the effectiveness of the aforementioned molecules.

This article has gained a lot of attention, but at this point this is much like the early hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin studies in that the tests were done in a Petri dish. What happens outside the body is not the same as what happens within. Whether or not you can get the drug into the body, to the right parts of the body, in an adequate concentration for a long enough period of time, without inducing toxicity anywhere else in the body is the question. So there’s a ways to go before proving this actually works.

Many drugs we have are basically naturally occurring substances slightly modified to make them more practical, so maybe these molecules or derivatives have some utility.

We already have 4 FDA approved pharmaceutical cannabinoids on the market, so approving a new cannabinoid wouldn’t exactly be radical change.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
When Omicron started asserting itself, many were hopeful because it appeared to be less deadly. However, the fact that it is far more transmissible apparently has more than made up the difference. For a while, cases were going way up but deaths were not. Now, we are seeing almost 2,000 people dying a day again.

It seems inevitable that a million or more people in America will die from this virus. Ever since the vaccine became widely available, at least 90% of those deaths were likely completely avoidable.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
FJGSQCFVcAMlMRM

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazon is full of counterfeit N95 and KN95 masks, 60% of which don't offer the advertised protection.

As if I needed another reason to dislike that company...
Shocking! /s

Amazon has gone to shit. Almost everything on there is just cheap generic junk. I really don't trust ordering anything from Amazon anymore.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Shocking! /s

Amazon has gone to shit. Almost everything on there is just cheap generic junk. I really don't trust ordering anything from Amazon anymore.
I try my best to go directly to the company if at all possible. That's what I did with BassDash for their hoodies. Took longer to arrive, but it didn't have the putrid Amazon fulfillment center smell and I get reward points for my purchases. I would say since the Pandemic, nearly 50% of items ordered are junk, counterfeit, or used even though sold as new. I've gotten more refunds/free shit in the past 18 months then I've gotten in the previous 20+ years combined.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I try my best to go directly to the company if at all possible. That's what I did with BassDash for their hoodies. Took longer to arrive, but it didn't have the putrid Amazon fulfillment center smell and I get reward points for my purchases. I would say since the Pandemic, nearly 50% of items ordered are junk, counterfeit, or used even though sold as new. I've gotten more refunds/free shit in the past 18 months then I've gotten in the previous 20+ years combined.
I've started doing the same. I'll just get it directly from the source. Might take longer but I know what I'm getting is legit. We actually did not renew our Prime membership when it expired recently.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've started doing the same. I'll just get it directly from the source. Might take longer but I know what I'm getting is legit. We actually did not renew our Prime membership when it expired recently.
Unfortunately a good chunk of our time is spent in small town Virginia. So we have to rely on AMZ. Walmart actually is giving them a bit of competition for several items lately. There's a Walmart Superstore nearby and an AMZ fulfillment about 35-40 minutes away so we're covered if we really need something.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
A school board in rural Virginia is immediately pushing back on Glenn Youngkin’s executive order to get rid of masks in schools.

“Lynchburg is at a 52% vaccination rate. Outbreaks are at an all-time high. Lynchburg is experiencing 400 new cases a day,” Anderson said.

Board members referred to those numbers when supporting their decision during the vote.

"Executive orders don’t supersede laws, and I don’t want us to be part of a school board that uses children as political probes,” said Jeffrey Wooters, senior at E.C. Glass High School.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Damn.
From NatGeo on IG:
This scan is of a lung lobe from a 54-year-old male who died of COVID-19. Airspaces are colored with cyan, open blood vessels are colored in red, and blocked, damaged blood vessels are colored in yellow.. See how this powerful new kind of x-ray scan provides more detail than ever before. HiP-CT Scan courtesy the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility

1643846224553.png

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Interesting new story about COVID vaccine doses that are administered in your nose.

Nasal vaccines may be the best way to prevent infections long term, because they provide protection exactly where it is needed to fend off the virus: the mucosal linings of the airways, where the coronavirus first lands.

Bharat Biotech is among the world’s leading vaccine manufacturers. Its best known product, Covaxin, is authorized to prevent Covid in India and many other countries. But its experimental nasal vaccine may prove to be the real game changer.

(paywall removed)

I’ve gotten the flu vaccine this way in past years.

Top Bottom
1 2