How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
It was stated from the beginning that Moderna with 2 shots was 90% effective. That means 10% ineffective.
Not questioning you but do you know where the Moderna 90% efficiency was stated? Mayo lists it as 94% with Pfizer as 95% and J&J 66%.

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 12.53.41 PM.png

Source:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not questioning you but do you know where the Moderna 90% efficiency was stated? Mayo lists it as 94% with Pfizer as 95% and J&J 66%.

View attachment 4650

Source:

CDC’s website was where I saw it

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was stated from the beginning that Moderna with 2 shots was 90% effective. That means 10% ineffective. So yeah, there will still be COVID-19. But if we get 90% of people with a 90% effective vaccine, it will be very hard for it to spread. That’s what herd immunity is all about. Increasing the chance that anybody who comes in contact with a carrier is immune, thereby stopping it from spreading. When enough people are immune, the chances of a carrier interacting with a non-immune person is very low, and that person interacting with other non-immune people even lower... so it becomes nearly impossible for the disease to spread widely.

And that’s why we don’t need the news media making headline stories insinuating the vaccinations are pointless because “thousands” have still gotten it after being vaccinated.

Should that even be a news story? Sure. But not in the way their well thought out headline is launching into it.

U

User.191

Well, I'm now 1 week after my second Pfizer dose and have zero ill effects.

Now, what to do with the Microsoft Surface devices I've found myself buying each day - and I've a strange desire to vote for the local communist party.

But I digress.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m not a doctor and even with doing zero research I could have written this article with complete confidence.

Has there ever been an illness or virus that actually made pregnancies go smoother? I’m going to say no, but I’m open to being corrected.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This popped up on Flipboard this morning.

Seriously, WTF?

If this is true then why even give you the option?

Does it really require 8 paragraphs to let you know you should get it in your dominant arm?

When does “may want to” constitute a “mistake”?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
This popped up on Flipboard this morning.

Seriously, WTF?

If this is true then why even give you the option?

Does it really require 8 paragraphs to let you know you should get it in your dominant arm?

When does “may want to” constitute a “mistake”?
That article sucks. I use both of my arms daily 🙂. The fever I had tells me the vaccine processed just fine.

U

User.45

I’m not a doctor and even with doing zero research I could have written this article with complete confidence.

Has there ever been an illness or virus that actually made pregnancies go smoother? I’m going to say no, but I’m open to being corrected.
Nah, it’s the opposite. It’s not nearly as bad as what we anticipated. So there’s more reassurance here than alarm. It’s also nice because i can now refer to data on pregnancy risk. About 3 friends of mine had babies during the pandemic and even in September I couldn’t find great data on this when they asked me about risks

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oh look, a super spreader event. Guess which state it’s in?

I went to the mall yesterday to exchange my Apple Watch band and it was never busier, even before COVID. It's crazy out there right now but at least everyone was wearing masks and I have both doses now. FLA has no mandate and their people are nuts, it will be interesting to see if this fills up the hospitals or not.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh Tucker, you’re such a scamp.

Related.

U

User.45

In Ohio for a job interview. Most people don't know how to wear a mask appropriately. It's quite impressive. They either don't wear it, pull it down to talk, nose sticking out etc. This includes people preparing food...

This is why mask mandates have no impact anymore. Those who don't want to wear a mask just won't do it in a way that makes any sense.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
In Ohio for a job interview. Most people don't know how to wear a mask appropriately. It's quite impressive. They either don't wear it, pull it down to talk, nose sticking out etc. This includes people preparing food...

This is why mask mandates have no impact anymore. Those who don't want to wear a mask just won't do it in a way that makes any sense.
I have noticed this too and this could just be anecdotal evidence, but this seems to be happening way more only recently. Only in the last couple months have I noticed way more people not covering their nose, wearing it on their chin, etc. Before it seemed like people were pretty good about wearing masks properly.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I have noticed this too and this could just be anecdotal evidence, but this seems to be happening way more only recently. Only in the last couple months have I noticed way more people not covering their nose, wearing it on their chin, etc. Before it seemed like people were pretty good about wearing masks properly.
Viruses are far smarter than humans.

U

User.45

There seems to be a quite heavy regional variability of people wearing masks.
By the way, avoid Southwest at any cost. Since March, they are feeling middle seats, So combine it with first come first serve seating it’s just the best set up to mix parties unnecessarily.

Top Bottom
1 2