How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Because we KNOW this will become a thing...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1395568399359479811/

"The more you know"

Ooohhhh, it will be a thing. Some will be determined to make it so...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1395546822572077060/

Thus proving why an honor system for those without honor may not be the brightest idea.

Zb-YWqew02YfJEf2IkbVDe3VmLSnyD7jECGoVlsiV1KV3kdvIG5wUVIh2dm_QiUANzcaJc1lU4_7f-4evEiG7A8Wh5ENytY4J5J34lIgZ7_hr387S4pqMjGq75HhNpTDFmJLXXUOir16GYOA6g
If someone cites HIPAA laws when asking for proof of their vaccine, then just assume they're not vaccinated.

U

User.45

U

User.45

As a medical professional I can tell you that nothing can end you career quicker than a major HIPAA violation, so those HIPAAs are as vicious as their real-life counterparts.

----
If my daughter's school can ask for vaccination records, a shop can too and that's fair. Some people really enjoy turning themselves into walking breathing biohazards.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Emerging sign that people are once again out and about and sampling the world at large, after getting their covid-19 vaccinations and seeing air temperatures in the region finally hit the 70ºF mark for a few days running: local paper sported an ad today from one of the car dealers over in town, not pitching cars but making a plea in the Help Wanted section.

"Now Hiring Collision Center Technicians and Apprentices"

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I’ll bet that’s coming.
There really should be a nationalized system for verification but unfortunately it's become political which is ridiculous. There should be a simple and universal way to verify, if you don't want the vaccine then fine, you can't do certain things but don't penalize everyone else who has done the right thing.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
There really should be a nationalized system for verification but unfortunately it's become political which is ridiculous. There should be a simple and universal way to verify, if you don't want the vaccine then fine, you can't do certain things but don't penalize everyone else who has done the right thing.
Yeah, you guys are pretty messed up over there, no question about it.

Looking forward to see how the EU ’vaccine passport’ will work out.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
We’re on the honor system here. 74 million people voted for a proven pathological liar. What could go wrong?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
We’re on the honor system here. 74 million people voted for a proven pathological liar. What could go wrong?
The proven pathological liar got 74 million votes. Given the traditional projection and claims about election fraud, I’m not so sure anymore that it means 74 million people actually voted for the proven pathological liar…

That said, I’m sure the people getting fake medical exemption cards to bypass mask requirements will be totally honest about their vaccinations. At least some of them will be too anti-vax to lie about having gotten a jab.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The rest of us will have to step up to get to herd immunity to protect them, there's no other way. The selfish win to live another day so they can keeping bitching about how Liberals are ruining the world.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Believe me, I have thought about that as Ohio is about to drop all its mask mandates.

At work we're talking about how we're going to deal with it, and we pretty much think we're going to continue to wear masks when we're in close contact with customers...not because we want to, but because we frankly don't trust that everybody who says they're vaccinated really is. A population that is as heavily invested in their own alternate reality as ours is, is not really compatible with the honor system.

Which, I suppose, makes us prisoners of the stupid. But there it is.

U

User.45

There really should be a nationalized system for verification but unfortunately it's become political which is ridiculous. There should be a simple and universal way to verify, if you don't want the vaccine then fine, you can't do certain things but don't penalize everyone else who has done the right thing
This should work like this:
You'll need an antibody level verification that is <6 months old. If you aren't willing to provide it or negative, then you should provide proof of vaccination. This is more or less what we do with measles or HepB in healthcare.

U

User.45

Believe me, I have thought about that as Ohio is about to drop all its mask mandates.

At work we're talking about how we're going to deal with it, and we pretty much think we're going to continue to wear masks when we're in close contact with customers...not because we want to, but because we frankly don't trust that everybody who says they're vaccinated really is. A population that is as heavily invested in their own alternate reality as ours is, is not really compatible with the honor system.

Which, I suppose, makes us prisoners of the stupid. But there it is.
During our recent visit to Cleveland we were shocked to see how many didn't wear masks (properly) at food places.

That said, my favorite thing about Trumpists, is they fixate on "Fauci lied, do you research", but never provide actual evidence that Fauci lied. But absolutely despicable self-admitted lies from Trump about COVID are found totally acceptable. Really blows my mind how they are able to keep two absolutely incompatible parallel standards running at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
During our recent visit to Cleveland we were shocked to see how many didn't wear masks (properly) at food places.

That said, my favorite thing about Trumpists, is they fixate on "Fauci lied, do you research", but never provide actual evidence that Fauci lied. But absolutely despicable self-admitted lies from Trump about COVID are found totally acceptable. Really blows my mind how they are able to run two absolutely incompatible parallel standards running at the same time.
It is the anti-intellectual movement. If Einstein couldn’t name the starting quarterback of their favorite football team, they’d think “see he doesn’t know everything…”

Trump encourages this, so they love him.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
...That said, my favorite thing about Trumpists, is they fixate on "Fauci lied, do you research", but never provide actual evidence that Fauci lied.
If they do supply their "research", it turns out to be fabricated BS from some fly-by-night "news" source or some questionable "authority".

Which means you end up looking up that "research" yourself so you can debunk it with factual information...and they in turn tell you why that information is not to be trusted, which goads you to prove why it is...

...and on and on and hideously on.

Which is why in years past I'd actually argue points with people. Though they might not want to accept it, it was easy enough to show that Saddam did not in fact have the WMD Bush claimed he did. Try to take that tactic about the vaccine with a Q supporter, and all you end up doing is falling down a conspiratorial rabbit hole of ever-diminishing logic and reason.

And who has that kind of time?

That's why, at MR, I sort of gave up and began responding to that kind of idiocy with mockery.

You can imagine how that went down with the current mods.

It's not that I set out to be a hit-and-run troll. I'll discuss anything with someone who can be reasoned with, and I'll back down when I'm wrong. It's just that prolonged arguments with those kinds of people are akin to trying to sweep the beach clean of sand.

Top Bottom
1 2