How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
U

User.45

These keep getting dumber and dumber

So many publications, zero citations (on available papers). That's impressive on its own.

U

User.45

An Osteopathic "physician" -- not impressive to me......
I've worked with fantastic physicians who went to D.O. schools. DOs who completed allopathic residency programs are just fine. I'd also add that these days the training of a DO is less different from a US trained MD than an IMG (international medical grad) vs. a US MD. That said she had not completed allopathic training. On Doximity she's listed as a family medicine physician, but her licensing info is like:
1623360735766.png

Looking into it on her website, she claims to have 3 board certifications, which all are through osteopathic institutes.
A ginormous red flag is no graduate medical training listed. It was in the 80s so she might have gotten an osteopathic emergency medicine certificate without residency training?! Nevertheless, this lady's credentials smell like bull manure.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
So it has begun here in England. The first step towards passports being required to enter matches. Proof of vaccination needed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57404223
I still find it very interesting & telling for the reason why we can't have proof vaccination passports here.

That the very crowd that's for ever more strict & specific voter ID, are against vax cards for fear of them having too much information.

🤨

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Don't be concerned. THey have 35K employees, but saying that 99.5% of the employees are vaccinated wouldn't get the clicks. That 0.5% would not be missed by anybody.
Oh, I wasn't paying attention to the employee numbers.

Just the fact that such a thing is happening at a hospital of all places.

I would have hoped that was the last place to see that happening.

U

User.45

I still find it very interesting & telling for the reason why we can't have proof vaccination passports here.

That the very crowd that's ever more strict & specific voter ID, are against vax cards for fear of them having too much information.

🤨
Because they are malignant idiots. But vaccine passports are stupid. We should have immunity passports. Show antibody titers from the past 6 months. Low/no titers? Show proof of vaccination and enroll in booster program.

Oh, I wasn't paying attention to the employee numbers.

Just the fact that such a thing is happening at a hospital of all places.

I would have hoped that was the last place to see that happening.
99.5% sanity is a pretty good ratio even from a hospital. You can bet that the vast majority of these people aren't healthcare professionals.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I've worked with fantastic physicians who went to D.O. schools. DOs who completed allopathic residency programs are just fine. I'd also add that these days the training of a DO is less different from a US trained MD than an IMG (international medical grad) vs. a US MD. That said she had not completed allopathic training. On Doximity she's listed as a family medicine physician, but her licensing info is like:
View attachment 5978

Looking into it on her website, she claims to have 3 board certifications, which all are through osteopathic institutes.
A ginormous red flag is no graduate medical training listed. It was in the 80s so she might have gotten an osteopathic emergency medicine certificate without residency training?! Nevertheless, this lady's credentials smell like bull manure.

"Currently board certified in Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine" simply sounds like a glorified chiropractor to me.
I wholeheartedly gree -- this woman's so-called "credentials" are pretty questionable!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Don't be concerned. THey have 35K employees, but saying that 99.5% of the employees are vaccinated wouldn't get the clicks. That 0.5% would not be missed by anybody.
In my area, all or most of the hospitals are requiring their employees to be fully vaccinated..... I didn't read the entire article so don't know if there is a deadline set by which someone must have been vaccinated or they lose their job, but presumably so.

U

User.45

In my area, all or most of the hospitals are requiring their employees to be fully vaccinated..... I didn't read the entire article so don't know if there is a deadline set by which someone must have been vaccinated or they lose their job, but presumably so.
The process was:
1) Lawyers sit down to discuss whether the hospital can apply the same rules for a vaccine with emergency authorization as they have for influenza vaccinations
2) They reach a consensus that we'll use influenza protocols
3) You have a deadline to get your shot
4) You get daily emails in a 2 week window at the end of which they suspend your clinical/work privileges
5) You hit t in a whe deadline, so you get one more week to actually get your privileges suspended;
6) You're not fired but don't get paid
-----
This is probably where these 177 employees are. Of these, there's gonna be a few RNs who have 2 other jobs and give no damn about the threats. Some foodcourt people, janitors, security and some admins with funky beliefs... and that one respiratory therapist who spent treating COVID patients but also a fucking moron.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Because they are malignant idiots. But vaccine passports are stupid. We should have immunity passports. Show antibody titers from the past 6 months. Low/no titers? Show proof of vaccination and enroll in booster program.

Yeah, this.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Since I mentioned being magnetic & the covid vaccine in another thread, which is what got the Marvel comic book villain Magneto trending on Twitter yesterday, here's another bit of unintentional comedy fail ...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1403089454030598145/

Why?

The pandemic has made fools of many forecasters. Just about all of the predictions whiffed. Anthony Fauci was wrong about masks. California was wrong about the outdoors. New York was wrong about the subways. I was wrong about the necessary cost of pandemic relief. And the Trump White House was wrong about almost everything else.

In this crowded field of wrongness, one voice stands out. The voice of Alex Berenson: the former New York Times reporter, Yale-educated novelist, avid tweeter, online essayist, and all-around pandemic gadfly. Berenson has been serving up COVID-19 hot takes for the past year, blithely predicting that the United States would not reach 500,000 deaths (we’ve surpassed 550,000) and arguing that cloth and surgical masks can’t protect against the coronavirus (yes, they can).

Berenson has a big megaphone. He has more than 200,000 followers on Twitter and millions of viewers for his frequent appearances on Fox News’ most-watched shows. On Laura Ingraham’s show, he downplayed the vaccines, suggesting that Israel’s experience proved they were considerably less effective than initially claimed. On Tucker Carlson Tonight, he predicted that the vaccines would cause an uptick in cases of COVID-related illness and death in the U.S.
The vaccines have inspired his most troubling comments. For the past few weeks on Twitter, Berenson has mischaracterized just about every detail regarding the vaccines to make the dubious case that most people would be better off avoiding them. As his conspiratorial nonsense accelerates toward the pandemic’s finish line, he has proved himself the Secretariat of being wrong:
Usually, I would refrain from lavishing attention on someone so blatantly incorrect. But with vaccine resistance hovering around 30 percent of the general population, and with 40 percent of Republicans saying they won’t get a shot, debunking vaccine skepticism, particularly in right-wing circles, is a matter of life and death.

U

User.45

Since I mentioned being magnetic & the covid vaccine in another thread, which is what got the Marvel comic book villain Magneto trending on Twitter yesterday, here's another bit of unintentional comedy fail ...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1403089454030598145/

Why?
What I don't understand is why do people pay any attention to somebody who doesn't have any education in biology, medicine or healthcare. If an ivy league college degree could replace graduate education, how come we don't allow people with ivy league college degrees to practice medicine/be nurse practitioners without an advanced degree? Because it can't.

But I don't blame guys like Berenson, he isn't bound by the same ethics standards a physician is. He's also probably totally aware he's wrong, but he can drum it up, cash it in, make an "easy" living from playing into the confirmation biases of dumb people. It's a political version of being an influencer without the looks. The key really is to live somewhere where your neighbors are unaware of, or cool with your malevolent shit.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The process was:
1) Lawyers sit down to discuss whether the hospital can apply the same rules for a vaccine with emergency authorization as they have for influenza vaccinations
2) They reach a consensus that we'll use influenza protocols
3) You have a deadline to get your shot
4) You get daily emails in a 2 week window at the end of which they suspend your clinical/work privileges
5) You hit t in a whe deadline, so you get one more week to actually get your privileges suspended;
6) You're not fired but don't get paid
-----
This is probably where these 177 employees are. Of these, there's gonna be a few RNs who have 2 other jobs and give no damn about the threats. Some foodcourt people, janitors, security and some admins with funky beliefs... and that one respiratory therapist who spent treating COVID patients but also a fucking moron.
Wow. Nobody can say they weren't warned that's for sure. The employer has a right to require it just as the employee has a right to refuse it and lose their job. It's a choice, nobody is forcing anything on anyone. If they don't like it maybe they need to seek work outside of an institution that was designed to treat and prevent diseases.

U

User.45

Wow. Nobody can say they weren't warned that's for sure. The employer has a right to require it just as the employee has a right to refuse it and lose their job. It's a choice, nobody is forcing anything on anyone. If they don't like it maybe they need to seek work outside of an institution that was designed to treat and prevent diseases.
Agree. Houston Methodist is a very highly regarded hospital system. They'll rein it in. Hospitals have an army of lawyers, so I can assure you they thought it out. I don't even think they'll have to fire these people, just restrict them from activities that generates their pay.

I'll have to say, I've always been behind with my discharge summaries as a resident and after 2 weeks they suspend you. Once my clinical privileges were "suspended" for 2 hours. It feels more like euthanasia rather than punishment if you've been pulling the 6th 90+ hour work week.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So, Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux, reamed out anybody on the Linux kernel email list that was making anti-vax statements:

Please keep your insane and technically incorrect anti-vax comments to yourself.

You don't know what you are talking about, you don't know what mRNA
is, and you're spreading idiotic lies. Maybe you do so unwittingly,
because of bad education. Maybe you do so because you've talked to
"experts" or watched youtube videos by charlatans that don't know what
they are talking about.

But dammit, regardless of where you have gotten your mis-information
from, any Linux kernel discussion list isn't going to have your
idiotic drivel pass uncontested from me.

Vaccines have saved the lives of literally tens of millions of people.

So, why does a (former) doctor running a Mac website let such misinformation spread on his website? I believe there is no conscience left there; only greed at this point. Can’t lose the ad revenue from right-wing nuts, so let them spread dangerous misinformation.

U

User.45

So, Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux, reamed out anybody on the Linux kernel email list that was making anti-vax statements:

So, why does a (former) doctor running a Mac website let such misinformation spread on his website? I believe there is no conscience left there; only greed at this point. Can’t lose the ad revenue from right-wing nuts, so let them spread dangerous misinformation.
I'm with you on this 100%.

Top Bottom
1 2