Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Vaccine demand has quadrupled in Louisiana.

It seems to me that this is a “shit’s getting real” response from the unvaccinated areas of America. Almost every case of COVID has been to unvaccinated people. Now that the pool of unvaccinated is smaller, it is more likely that people are seeing a friend or relative sick or dying. Only the most extreme people will be able to ignore reality and believe anti-vax lies now.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Vaccine demand has quadrupled in Louisiana.

It seems to me that this is a “shit’s getting real” response from the unvaccinated areas of America. Almost every case of COVID has been to unvaccinated people. Now that the pool of unvaccinated is smaller, it is more likely that people are seeing a friend or relative sick or dying. Only the most extreme people will be able to ignore reality and believe anti-vax lies now.
They're getting painted into an ever shrinking corner, it's too bad this is what it took for them to understand but at least we're starting to see a real shift here.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
116942703_10219604526956550_1100912709097123187_n.jpg

...and get a vaccine, even if it kills them NOT getting the shot. 😶

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Only the most extreme people will be able to ignore reality and believe anti-vax lies now.

I'm going to push back on this a bit.

Just because someone doesn't trust a vaccine that was developed on a timeline way faster than ever before, doesn't really have anything to do with lies. We don't have any studies determining if there could be any long-term issues simply because there hasn't been enough time to determine that. That is not a lie. That is a fact. And this is coming from someone who is vaccinated and does have some concerns over long-term issues.

Are they big concerns, no. But I have to admit there was a tinge of nervousness when I was getting the jab because there have been issues with a very small minority of people. Could I have been one? Absolutely. But for me, it was worth the risk, at whatever level it is, to be able to go inside mom's assisted living facility to visit her, so the benefit outweighed the risks.

Microchips and controlling people via the vaccine, those are lies. Legitimate concerns over long-term affects are not.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just because someone doesn't trust a vaccine that was developed on a timeline way faster than ever before, doesn't really have anything to do with lies. We don't have any studies determining if there could be any long-term issues simply because there hasn't been enough time to determine that.
This is somewhat of a weak argument IMO. Once again, mRNA is not a new technology. It has been around for years. The chance of some long term affect that hasn't been discovered already is probably extremely low.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
We don't have any studies determining if there could be any long-term issues simply because there hasn't been enough time to determine that. That is not a lie. That is a fact. And this is coming from someone who is vaccinated and does have some concerns over long-term issues.

Going by the list of ingredients, there's only one long term symptom of the vaccine, and that's an immune response to whatever protein is encoded on the RNA strand. The rest of the vaccine the little globs of fat for housing and delivering said RNA strand, and a solution providing a PH balanced environment to store those globs of fat in over time, all of which are flushed from the body fairly quicklike.

The usual side effects are mostly anaphylactic responses to the ingredients within the vaccine, which you're going to know about fairly quicklike. Basically, if you go a week without any side effects, the likelihood of experiencing anything beyond that are slim to none.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Going by the list of ingredients, there's only one long term symptom of the vaccine, and that's an immune response to whatever protein is encoded on the RNA strand. The rest of the vaccine the little globs of fat for housing and delivering said RNA strand, and a solution providing a PH balanced environment to store those globs of fat in over time, all of which are flushed from the body fairly quicklike.

The usual side effects are mostly anaphylactic responses to the ingredients within the vaccine, which you're going to know about fairly quicklike. Basically, if you go a week without any side effects, the likelihood of experiencing anything beyond that are slim to none.
Thank you. The concerns about long-term effects of the vaccine might seem “legitimate” but they are not based on facts. Vaccines have been around for a very long time, and their long-term effects? Well, the eradication of polio from existence could be considered a long-term effect of that vaccine.

Those short-term reactions: that’s why they make you sit down for 30 minutes after the shot before leaving the vaccination site... just in case you get a reaction.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This is somewhat of a weak argument IMO. Once again, mRNA is not a new technology. It has been around for years. The chance of some long term affect that hasn't been discovered already is probably extremely low.

I agree. It probably is very low. But very low does not equal non-existant. There are some people who have had bad reactions, 30 minute wait or not. That is a concern for some people and has nothing to do with lies. The flu shot has been around for decades and even now, some people (granted very, very few) have serious life changing reactions.

So not a single person on here can declare the COVID vaccines 100% safe. If you think you can, then you are the one lying.

But my overall point is some people have legitimate concerns about how the vaccine will affect them. That is not a lie.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I agree. It probably is very low. But very low does not equal non-existant. There are some people who have had bad reactions, 30 minute wait or not. That is a concern for some people and has nothing to do with lies. The flu shot has been around for decades and even now, some people (granted very, very few) have serious life changing reactions.

That's true of any medication. They all have a non-zero chance of killing you dead.

When it comes to medicines in general, nothing is guaranteed 100% effective, nor 100% safe.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That's true of any medication. They all have a non-zero chance of killing you dead.

When it comes to medicines in general, nothing is guaranteed 100% effective, nor 100% safe.
Any time you eat anything at a restaurant, you are probably putting yourself at a greater risk than if you took the COVID vaccine. PLUS, taking the vaccine greatly LOWERS the risk of dying from COVID. This reminds me of the seatbelt argument years ago. “I might get stuck in my seatbelt and not able to get out of the car” is certainly a possibility, but the seatbelt so drastically improves your chances of surviving a car crash that your overall risk is much lower when wearing it. Nobody is 100% safe. Getting the vaccine is the lowest-risk option available today.

Top Bottom
1 2