How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Seems like the vaccine is going to be mandatory for many more Americans now. If I am reading things correctly, any company (over 100 people) that does business with the federal government will have to mandate vaccines for their workers.

Anyone want to take a bet on the over/under for how many days until it is reversed by SCOTUS?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
More results from studies on vaccine effectiveness:

Three studies that drew data from different U.S. regions evaluated the protective power of the vaccines. One looked at more than 600,000 virus cases in 13 states, representing about one quarter of the U.S. population, between April and July, and concluded that individuals who were not fully vaccinated were far more susceptible to infection and death from the virus.

They were 4.5 times more likely than vaccinated individuals to become infected, 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die from the coronavirus, the study found.
In the study of 33,000 medical encounters in nine states between June and August, the Moderna vaccine had an effectiveness rate of 92 percent against infection, compared with 77 percent for the Pfizer-BioNTech shot.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Idaho now has to ration care. This is like wartime or natural disaster triage, and all of it is needless.

So what is their governor doing about it? Oh, just suing the federal government for the recent vaccine mandate…

Gotta love it that he panders to the anti-vaccine 💩-heads with this lawsuit but then suggests that people get the vaccine in the last paragraph.

Idaho is only 40% vaccinated.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Found this site to get a digital verified vaccine card you can add to Apple Wallet. Useful if your state doesn’t have a digital card system in place. (sad Ohio noises) It’s free but I tossed them a couple bucks. Only works with Apple Wallet.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Found this site to get a digital verified vaccine card you can add to Apple Wallet. Useful if your state doesn’t have a digital card system in place. (sad Ohio noises) It’s free but I tossed them a couple bucks. Only works with Apple Wallet.
Thanks! We’ll see if anyone accepts it.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Read a short piece about someone who finally got her first covid-jab here. The delaying culprit in this case wasn’t antivaxx sentiments, misinformation or anything like that, but rather needle phobia.

She wanted to get vaccinated and had booked (and canceled) three appointments already before a cashier somewhere let her know about a drop-in location still open in the evening. Heartwarming to read that she went immediately and got the jab before she had time to talk herself out of it.

Glad to know that the increased availability and convenience have helped at least one person. I’m sure there are many more, and hopefully the press can help push people in the same situation to get it. 🥳

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is pretty incredible
Merck says it has the first antiviral pill found to be effective against Covid.

Will be interesting to see what the anti-vaxxers do.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Things are going to get interesting around here.

Today a Gray Television affiliate, WSAZ, fired it's long time (19 years) anchor for not getting vaccinated. She claims she did not get the vaccine because her doctor told her not to, although the specific reason was not disclosed. But she was beloved by her viewers and she was a fixture in the community doing charity work, hosting events and was always willing to help in any way she could. The newscasts of this affiliate drew more viewers than the others combined. Like I said, she was beloved. And fired.

What is going to be interesting is that her firing has gone viral locally on FB. You can't scroll through your newsfeed without seeing posts about it and urging people to call, write or email the station's advertisers urging them to drop their ads on this station. I have been on FB long enough to know this has blown up bigger than any other local issue I can remember. People are pissed.

Like I said, it is going to be interesting. At this point she supposedly has already gotten a new job in Cleveland so they can't fix it by rescinding her termination. I just wonder how many advertisers will drop the station.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Today a Gray Television affiliate, WSAZ, fired it's long time (19 years) anchor for not getting vaccinated. She claims she did not get the vaccine because her doctor told her not to, although the specific reason was not disclosed. But she was beloved by her viewers and she was a fixture in the community doing charity work, hosting events and was always willing to help in any way she could. The newscasts of this affiliate drew more viewers than the others combined. Like I said, she was beloved. And fired.

What is going to be interesting is that her firing has gone viral locally on FB. You can't scroll through your newsfeed without seeing posts about it and urging people to call, write or email the station's advertisers urging them to drop their ads on this station. I have been on FB long enough to know this has blown up bigger than any other local issue I can remember. People are pissed.

Like I said, it is going to be interesting. At this point she supposedly has already gotten a new job in Cleveland so they can't fix it by rescinding her termination. I just wonder how many advertisers will drop the station.
Anyone not getting the vaccine is certainly not helping any way they can, in fact they're only aiding in the spread of virus. Zero sympathy for anyone making this sort of claim, it's a crock. Get the vaccine that tens of millions of others safely have as well and it's a non-issue.

And as for WSAZ, good for them for taking a stand against the spread.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Even if her doctor advised her not to for medical reasons?
What doctor is that, from a church or one handing out exemptions for the cost of an office visit like we have in the central valley? Those with "actual" reasons are extremely rare and most are bogus. I mean, they give this to the oldest and sickest cancer patients and those barely hanging on to life, let's get real about these "exemptions".

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Of course a story with no confirmed details spreads like wildfire in the cesspool called Facebook. For example, I googled and found that this anchor left WSAV in 2010 for a job in Cleveland (and then went back to WV in 2012). That is probably the source for people thinking she has a 2021 job in Cleveland.

As for advertisers, I would think if anti-vaxxers are the target audience and they are changing the channel, maybe the TV station will lose a few ads from local funeral homes.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Even if her doctor advised her not to for medical reasons?

What doctor is that, from a church or one handing out exemptions for the cost of an office visit like we have in the central valley? Those with "actual" reasons are extremely rare and most are bogus. I mean, they give this to the oldest and sickest cancer patients and those barely hanging on to life, let's get real about these "exemptions".
Yeah I highly doubt a doctor told her not to get it. It’s pretty rare for a doctor to recommend not getting it. And if someone did tell her not to get it I’m sure it was one of those “doctors”. (Hint not real doctors)

Top Bottom
1 2