How divided is the city/town/quaint hamlet where you live?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So almost their entire vote is based on spite, that and the delusion that Trump is a great businessman. I'll at least admit that their savior operates on the same half cylinder with all his opinions, worldview, and polices being spite based. In that regard he hasn't really let them down.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but what the fuck are confederate flags doing so far north? Those people should at least admit they are pro-slavery. There's really no other reason.

There were unbelievable “you might be a racist if...” moments in there, like the guy who knew the number of White people on the planet for some reason?

Bickley, who owns two marinas and a shoreline construction company, gets frustrated by the suggestion that White men such as him were born more powerful, or with advantages.
“There’s 8 billion of us on the planet. There’s only 780 million White people. . . . So I’m personally really tired of hearing that I’m a majority, that I’m a superpower White privilege kid,” Bickley said. “My mom and dad had nothing. . . . I have been working my whole life.

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
I live in Queens, NY (Queens County). HC beat the Mango Turd by 3-to-1. Can't remember the spread in my electoral district, but it was close to the same as Queens County. But we have a lot of immigrants that can't vote that are ardent supporters, and I saw several GOP voters that are Chinese-, Korean-, Indian-American, Latino, and many vocal Russian-Americans. I don't recall any Back GOP voters in the dozen or so elections I worked as a poll worker (three times manning a table where you have to ask for a party ballot during primaries).

My next door neighbors on the left, one of the few (only?) remaining white families on the block, are Republicans and I'm sure they're 45-supporters even though several of them are/were union members (they were very vocal about Republican efforts to call a state constitutional convention that was seen as an attempt to harm union pensions and protections).

Also live in Queens :). From my experience it seems like there are pockets in every borough of GOP supporters. Staten Island is most likely the majority GOP, and Long Island most likely closer to an even split. The rest of NYC area is majority Dem voters.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Also live in Queens :). From my experience it seems like there are pockets in every borough of GOP supporters. Staten Island is most likely the majority GOP, and Long Island most likely closer to an even split. The rest of NYC area is majority Dem voters.

Did you New Yorkers get a voting speed pass? My daughter got one yesterday and was very excited. Doesn’t know how it works, but thinks it’s pretty cool.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I live near the NH coast in a pretty liberal town. In the 2016 primary, Bernie got more votes here than HRC and Trump combined. We’ve got a bit of a bubble here and it weirds me out that NH has as many Trump supporters as it does.

A Trump caravan drove through the “liberal enclaves” in this area last weekend, one of which was my town. My wife witnessed it and took some video. Just a bunch of dipshits honking horns. I expect NH to go for Biden. Not a brave prediction because the Dems have won the last 3 presidential elections.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Trump supporters are taking to the streets and Biden supporters are taking to the ballot box. In my rural area of CA I see posts on Next Door about people stealing signs, vandalizing and egging homes. The takeaway, don't put up a political sign or you'll likely face some sort of backlash in this divided election season. However, everyone should be encouraging the vote.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

A friend that lives on SI is about to escape due to all the nonsense of Mango Turd's supporters. It doesn't help that she's multiracial and often mistakenly as either Latina or Moose-Lim by assholes.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Did you New Yorkers get a voting speed pass? My daughter got one yesterday and was very excited. Doesn’t know how it works, but thinks it’s pretty cool.

We got our absentee ballots yesterday. Changed my mind about early voting on the 1st available day. Since we can track out ballots, we will mail them out this weekend and hope for the best. Our closest early voting site is Queens College. Don't know if I feel comfortable there as there is nothing to allay my fears that social distancing will be adequate.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We got our absentee ballots yesterday. Changed my mind about early voting on the 1st available day. Since we can track out ballots, we will mail them out this weekend and hope for the best. Our closest early voting site is Queens College. Don't know if I feel comfortable there as there is nothing to allay my fears that social distancing will be adequate.

My mother (FL) got her ballot a few days ago. She instantly filled it out and then sat with it trying to decide if she should mail it in right away or wait until the first early day, 10/19, and drop it in a polling box. She finally opted for the box.

I just keep thinking how nice to have options. I just hope my polling place continues to be empty so we can get in and out in a nice socially distant and expedient manner.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My mother (FL) got her ballot a few days ago. She instantly filled it out and then sat with it trying to decide if she should mail it in right away or wait until the first early day, 10/19, and drop it in a polling box. She finally opted for the box.

I just keep thinking how nice to have options. I just hope my polling place continues to be empty so we can get in and out in a nice socially distant and expedient manner.
I think Trump is driving voter turnout in ways that Democrats could only hope to do themselves. This also speaks to the distrust he has sown, your mom is likely one of millions who want to ensure their vote is counted and taking the right precautions.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
And McKean County in northeast Pennsylvania heard from:

And in northeast pennsylvania.jpg
Possibly not that funny: the area's in the old anthracite country now short of good jobs, and so in more recent times a political battleground. More reggie'd Ds than Rs, but Trump won it by 20 points in 2016. This time, remains to be seen. Covid-19 is turning some heads around. Still might be brave putting those Biden yard signs out, but not a laughing matter for Trump either.
Biden is predicted to capture Lackawanna County but will fall short in the surrounding 17 counties in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Not far from Weidlich’s new pizza operation is Gerry’s Pizza in South Wilkes-Barre, a mainstay for decades.

“The smaller the town, the worse the politics,” owner Gerry Ricci said. “I don’t know why that is.”

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
And McKean County in northeast Pennsylvania heard from:

View attachment 625Possibly not that funny: the area's in the old anthracite country now short of good jobs, and so in more recent times a political battleground. More reggie'd Ds than Rs, but Trump won it by 20 points in 2016. This time, remains to be seen. Covid-19 is turning some heads around. Still might be brave putting those Biden yard signs out, but not a laughing matter for Trump either.

I think that signs kind of funny, but seeing a Biden sign possibly for the first time ever made me realize people might as well just put a "Old White Guy 2020" sign in the yard and avoid all the bullshit, the biggest being you're confident enough in either candidate to put a sign announcing it.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
So my wife was going to Dunkin’ to get a coffee, and what’s going down the main street of our little city?

A Trump parade.

With genuine idiots by the side of the road cheering them on.

I gotta move out of this fucking state.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So my wife was going to Dunkin’ to get a coffee, and what’s going down the main street of our little city?

A Trump parade.

Where is it you live again?

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

A Trump parade.

Saturday we were going to pick up an order at the local mall. The hubby caught my attention, asking "What's with the caravan?" About a dozen cars with rooftop signs denouncing the Chinese Communist Party and craziness about the "CCP Virus." Several of the cars had Epoch Times signs, so we suspect it's Falun Gong affiliated nutters. This group is out every single day railing against the CCP in downtown Flushing (Queens, NY). Their rhetoric has really ramped up with the combo of COVID-19 and their adoration of The Mango Turd.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

A Trump parade.

It's Ohio? Republicans still have a lot of money in radio ads there although I think they had pulled out of Trump-oriented TV ads, then shifted gears and may have figured they needed to get back in.

Anyway, for now just draw the drapes and put on some good music... and rejoice that you can help try to turn the state a little more blue by one more set of votes one more time.

NPR has a recent summary of political advertising in "big spending" states, where it's coming from and going to -- covering buys for the period September 27 through November 1.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good interviews with some women in Pennsylvania... Trump as President has changed their minds about him, they're not up for helping to re-elect him.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1315828196915453952/

thanks.
listening to that video, i think CNN gets its analysis wrong though.
i think all of the women interviewed also were mothers. that's the point that comes through.
and most of them expressed their regret for having voted for trump in 2016 for reasons related to love/hope for their own children for the future.
only 1 woman said she voted for trump in 2016 because she liked him on the Apprentice. (OMG !).

the poll breakdowns we see usually don't use mother as a category
that's unfortunate that we don't understand that data point.

i think the mother factor could be huge in 2020.
i would like to see the % of r mothers who voted for trump in 2016 but won't vote for him in 2020.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Where is it you live again?
Sorry, I never responded. Yes, it's Ohio.

It's so crazy that every time I turn around, there's another dumb sign. I went to visit my son, and one home in his neighborhood had a sign, "Still Deplorable. Still voting for Trump." :rolleyes:

There's one open field on a main drag where somebody planted multiple Trump flags. I went past another open field and someone had planted a pole with a big ass Trump flag. The next day when I went past the same location, somebody had put a Biden sign in front of it. :LOL: Nice trolling.

Then there's the sign in my neighborhood, "Any functioning adult 2020".

My all time least favorite Trump merch, though, was two Halloweens ago when we were passing out candy and some teenager's "costume" was a hoodie that said "Trump 2020. Fuck your feelings."

Top Bottom
1 2