How divided is the city/town/quaint hamlet where you live?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Talking on the phone to an 88-yo conservative villager on the phone this afternoon about a matter unrelated to politics, we drifted into comments on the season, then on weather for Election Day... and I almost dropped the phone when she said she too had already voted by mail, and was enjoying thinking "how nice it will be to have a decent man back in the White House again after all this turmoil".

I had not said explicitly how I had voted and neither had she. But wow. Sometimes I think seniors are underrepresented in polling and the multipliers they use sometimes to get up to the desired percentage of a group in a survey have happened to amplify the views of Trump voters.. or else the margin of error could be out of whack for seniors somehow in certain polls.

I mean I do keep running into accounts of (or directly from) seniors who like this village friend are distinctly not 2020 Trump voters. And yet seniors are supposedly more conservative and so more likely to vote for Trump because he's (nominally) "a Republican". I guess covid-19 has messed with a lot of assumptions including that one. Time will tell us pretty soon now.

Top Bottom
1 2