How long will trump be in quarantine?

Low long will his quarantine last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
He may be doing so behind the scenes, but if so, he remained silent in public for a number of months. Much of what I've seen from Carson over the last few years isn't representative of what I might have expected from someone with his background and accomplishments.

I take it that "momento mori" has become the right wing version of YOLO? Given that it's Trump, I am almost surprised he didn't set up a Dia de los Muertos celebration at the White House this year in an effort to grab a couple extra Latino voters.

Yeah, I swear that Ben Carson the brain surgeon was replaced by a wing-nut clone at some point for unknown reasons.

On Momento Mori, yeah, that's just my overly educated way of saying that the Republicans have accepted the inevitability of death—yours and mine, not theirs—under COVID-19.

Really, that's the problem. The Trumpers all seem to think they'll survive this thing, and that only the "weak" get taken down. So, they're just running around contracting COVID-19 like Navy sailors getting the clap on leave.

And, this is a shame because long-ago momento moris were a way for even great leaders to know they were mortal. Mary Queen of Scots had a watch embossed with a silver skull that said, "Pale death knocks with the same tempo upon the huts of the poor and the towers of Kings."

Dia de Los Muertos is too life affirming a holiday for them. Even Santa Muerte indicates the existence of love and justice.

The Trumpers desire the Latino vote, but only understand the culture in a ridiculous charicture—hence they were successful at freaking out Cubans in Miami with communism, but undone by Mexican-Americans in Arizona.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
And, this is a shame because long-ago momento moris were a way for even great leaders to know they were mortal. Mary Queen of Scots had a watch embossed with a silver skull that said, "Pale death knocks with the same tempo upon the huts of the poor and the towers of Kings."

The Italians had it as "At the end of the game, the pawn and the king go into the same box,"

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I swear that Ben Carson the brain surgeon was replaced by a wing-nut clone at some point for unknown reasons.

It puzzles me too. There are some points where he just should have known better, like over-spending on furniture for government use. The guy seems to have zero common sense, which really puzzles me.

On Momento Mori, yeah, that's just my overly educated way of saying that the Republicans have accepted the inevitability of death—yours and mine, not theirs—under COVID-19.

Really, that's the problem. The Trumpers all seem to think they'll survive this thing, and that only the "weak" get taken down. So, they're just running around contracting COVID-19 like Navy sailors getting the clap on leave.

There are a disturbing number of confirmed obituaries linked to tweets from people who just wanted to go on with their lives as normal. Personally I have avoided everyone as much as possible. I jog a lot, so I pass others, but I try to maintain significant distance and it's not in an environment with recycled air.

Dia de Los Muertos is too life affirming a holiday for them. Even Santa Muerte indicates the existence of love and justice.

The Trumpers desire the Latino vote, but only understand the culture in a ridiculous charicture—hence they were successful at freaking out Cubans in Miami with communism, but undone by Mexican-Americans in Arizona.

Well, soon Trump will presumably be out of office. At that point, he could always bring back Sabado Gigante with himself as the host.

Top Bottom
1 2