• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is a good question and I hesitate to even make a guess because if he tests negative (even if a false negative) he may make it really short. But we all know there's so much risk to him or anyone else he may come into contact with.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
From a friend's FB page:

A more suspicious person might think after his terribly bad, no good, awful debate performance and his roundly condemned shout out of the Proud Boys and the massive blowback for his planned rallies in states where coronavirus is surging again, that it’s awfully convenient that right after he finally “condemns” white supremacy on Fox News tonight that Hope Hicks suddenly tested positive for coronavirus. And, after alllllllllll the other people who have tested positive around him including dozens of Secret Service staffers and White House staff and aides, that Trump & Melania NOW have decided to quarantine. A suspicious mind might think a lot of things about a so-called “President” who has shown he’ll do almost anything. Like try to make a gambit for sympathy after a terribly bad no good week. Like remove himself from the stage, and the press. Like push himself out of maybe doing the next debate or two because “he can’t.”

A suspicious person — far more suspicious than I am — could think a lot of things about that.

There's also speculation that a big, vicious piece of news is coming tomorrow/during the weekend.

I'm getting a slice from Sal's for the first time since mid-March 🤷‍♂️

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
if his polls suddenly go up he'll hole up for a month thanking people for their get well soon cards, make a spectacular recovery on Nov 2 and hope to eke out a victory.

if his polls dive then he'll go back to rally mode and Hope Hicks will have tested postive falsely and just had a cold so need need to continue quarantine.

yes i am still in cynical mode, can't shake it off this week for some reason.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
if his polls suddenly go up he'll hole up for a month thanking people for their get well soon cards, make a spectacular recovery on Nov 2 and hope to eke out a victory.

if his polls dive then he'll go back to rally mode and Hope Hicks will have tested postive falsely and just had a cold so need need to continue quarantine.

I get the cynicism but I'm not sure it would be enough to bounce him out of the hole he is in, I can't see how it changes anyone's mind.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I get the cynicism but I'm not sure it would be enough to bounce him out of the hole he is in, I can't see how it changes anyone's mind.
If he's faking it for publicity, we'll know soon enough. Though fake, real, or false positive, it could be enough to kick off a rally around the president, and give him the election.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Rona has caught his ass and I’m laying in bed cackling!!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Just be careful what you wish for. You may just get it.

...and the ensuing consequences we'll ALL have to deal with.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Best outcome is the cancellation of rallies/virus hotspots. Fewer people will catch and spread it.

I can’t see him getting a meaningful bounce from this. He’s the least sympathetic person alive. If this is a lie/strategy then this is a new level of desperate, even for him.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

You are echoing my thoughts exactly. I’m wondering if it will at least teach them the the pointlessness of daily testing vs. just taking the recommended precaution of wearing a mask. Nahhhhh.
If he's faking it for publicity, we'll know soon enough. Though fake, real, or false positive, it could be enough to kick off a rally around the president, and give him the election.
Let’s hope not. Any way you look at it though, it will give him the opportunity to once again proclaim “fake news!”

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Hm

I have a horrid feeling that you could well be right.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Another option is required: He'll be in quarantine as long as it is political expedient from him to be in quarantine.

And worse, it might yet serve to give him another argument with which to challenge the outcome of the election subsequent, in court.
I'm curious what that argument would be though?

He got a virus he's on record downplaying? He got a virus that he might not have if he wasn't so strongly against people wearing a mask? He got a virus that might not be as rampant if he did his job late last year, worried more about the American citizenry getting it, instead of the stock market & his re election chances?

None of those sound particularly worthy of sympathy from a country with over 200K dead from the virus he now has, that he downplayed.

Instead, I find it difficult to criticize anyone that wants to cheer. Instead I hope someone would go to the president and explain & spell 'Karma' to him.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
Just be careful what you wish for. You may just get it.

...and the ensuing consequences we'll ALL have to deal with.

You’re assuming that I wished he’d get it. I didn’t. But I’m not going to feel bad for him in the slightest. And I’m going to laugh about it. And we’ve already been living with the terrible consequences of all of his horrendous actions.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Still waiting for official word that the debates will be cancelled, seems like it's just a matter of time.

Am I being unkind, or merely suffering from a mild case of paranoia, when I think that the timing of the fact that Mr Trump has tested positive for Covid-19 is awfully convenient (and will allow him to cancel further debates) given that even his own supporters (if not his brainless, but fanatical, base) thought that his performance in the debate earlier this week bordered on disastrous and was borderline deranged?

Last edited:

Renzatic

Reaction score
Am I unkind, or merely suffering from a mild case of paranoia, when I think that the timing of the fact that Mr Trump has tested positive for Covid-19 is awfully convenient (and will allow him to cancel further debates) given that even his own supporters (if not his brainless, but fanatical, base) thought that his performance in the debate earlier this week bordered on disastrous and was borderline deranged?

You're not the only one. Hell, I've seen tweets being dredged up that predicted Trump would fake contracting Covid19 in the run up to the election 6 months ago.

I'm thinking it's pretty unlikely though. Think about all the attention that's always on the White House. Think about his staff, and their tendency to leak like a sieve. It'd be a difficult thing for him to pull off successfully.

Either way, we'll know in a week or two.

Top Bottom
1 2