Votes: 0 0.0%

• slinks out on the day with no acknowledgement

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • forcibly removed?

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • takes 1 month to clean the orange stain off of everything and replace the gaudy decorations

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
His supporters aren’t going to concede anytime soon. Again, from the Washington Post:

Curtis Udell, 56, who was standing toward the back of the rally holding a military-style rifle, said he still held out hope that Mr. Trump would remain president. “There’s no way that this is accurate,” he said.

And did he believe that Mr. Biden was the true winner of the election? “Not for one second,” Mr. Udell said emphatically. He noted that if Mr. Biden did take office, the former vice president would forever believe that he was elected through a fraudulent process. “Trump had it in the bag,” Mr. Udell said. “They’re never going to convince me that he didn’t win.”

And who could be leading such a rally? Oh, just TFG:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1325125851613114370/

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
1604838886652.png

U

User.45

Two things that struck me, having read a few tweets on Twitter.

The first was - this afternoon - featured a lovely tweet of President-Elect Biden with his spouse - both dressed comfortably and casually, relaxed, enjoying the occasion and the chance to share it with one another, both genuinely grinning - the pair holding up a sign together which had (originally) read "Dr and Vice-President Biden live here", but Dr Jill Biden's hand deliberately covered the word "Vice", so that the sign now reads "Dr and President Biden live here".

And yes, you can see - in the shot and in the way it is framed - that this is a partnership, between two adults who have chosen one another.

The second, arising from that - and in response to an observation someone made on Twitter: Has anyone ever seen a shot of Mr Trump relaxed and comfortable with his family? Ever? The sort of shot you saw often with the Obamas, and sometimes, with the Clintons, and also with the Bush family?

For the egregious Mr Trump, shots of him relaxing - or, what he thinks is relaxing - are very reminiscent of the body language of a bully who happens to be a Mafia Don, shots of him marching across a golfing green, grimly clutching an iron, entirely surrounded by a male court of fawning and servile sycophants.

I've never seen the man laugh - and I have never seen him express affection or empathy for anyone.
The best evidence that COVID can be contracted without touch is the fact that Melania and Barron got it. /jk

They are going to have to drag him out. He is filing lawsuits in all these states he has lost. He's a crybaby.

Honestly, I'll think he'll just scamper out in the quiet of the night. If you think about it, getting dragged out requires consistency and standing up for some value (even if blatantly wrong). Getting dragged out would make Trump's humiliation even more devastating. He's not the kind of man, who is up for anything like this. He'll not concede, he'll ninja out. He'll avoid the spotlight for months, then he'll attempt to return with a vengeance but nobody will care anymore.

MarkusL

Power User
Reaction score
It will come down to which of his instincts weighs heavier, his sense of self-preservation or his desire to punish and harm the country that rejected him. The most harmful vengeance he can bring is to incite the extremists among his followers to violence, and he knows it. Pictures of him being removed in any involuntary way will energize the lunatic fringe way more than his tired press conferences can, and would be the preferred method if he decides to incite domestic terrorism. But ultimately he is a coward so I still think it is more likely that he will just sneak away without conceding.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This should bring not a concession but a realization of Game Over. When Murdoch talks... a lot of the money already listened and the rest will dry up right quick. Time for a new right wing icon. Unfortunately for Trump the real world has other plans for him besides installing on some pedestal in Kansas or Indiana or wherever the F.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1325284576781070336/

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
This should bring not a concession but a realization of Game Over. When Murdoch talks... a lot of the money already listened and the rest will dry up right quick. Time for a new right wing icon. Unfortunately for Trump the real world has other plans for him besides installing on some pedestal in Kansas or Indiana or wherever the F.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1325284576781070336/
Oof. That's gonna hurt Donald right in the man bits. 👍

Edit.
Some of those Twitter comments though… 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

lizkat

Reaction score
Oof. That's gonna hurt Donald right in the man bits. 👍

Edit.
Some of those Twitter comments though… 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

Yeah. This is a little different to when Fox called Arizona for Biden, even though other networks didn't (and some still haven't). Trump went off the rails when that happened but he was just ranting at the Fox news group staffers, I think... This will seem way more personal; it's not Murdoch blessing some state's allocation of EV, it's Murdoch saying Trump himself is a LOSER.

And ok yeah, the comments... "comment is [still, sorta] free" so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

U

User.45

Mick Mulvaney writes some utter garbage in the Wall Street journal....

So, he already lost, and he has yet to concede. These nutbags will continue to be a dumpster fire up until Jan 20.
It's stylishly paywalled, but I'm not sure if I care about a COVID spreader's opinion, who'll go down in history as the guy, who "didn't want to control" COVID. I'm curious about the fate of McEnany and such, because I think they'll constitute as damaged goods even for FoxNews.

lizkat

Reaction score
"If he loses"...

Trump already lost. Nonetheless he's still sorta-prez until January 20th unless he acts out too much.

Trump's most recent provocation is deciding to put a loser in one of the Georgia Senate races (which both ended in runoffs to be held in January) in charge of the recount of that state's presidential recount.

Yeah. Just to keep things stirred up, why not. The definite loser of a three way internecine battle for a Senate seat yet to be decided gets to supervise a presidential recount as some sort of consolation prize. There's no end to the insanity.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1325936554309799939/

Top Bottom
1 2