Votes: 0 0.0%

• slinks out on the day with no acknowledgement

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • forcibly removed?

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • takes 1 month to clean the orange stain off of everything and replace the gaudy decorations

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Before I go off to pop the cork and we start celebrating over here, I leave us all with a thought from Edmund Burke:

"Those who have been once intoxicated with power, and have derived any kind of emolument from it, even though but for one year, never can willingly abandon it. They may be distressed in the midst of all their power; but they will never look to any thing but power for their relief."

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Before I go off to pop the cork and we start celebrating over here, I leave us all with a thought from Edmund Burke:

"Those who have been once intoxicated with power, and have derived any kind of emolument from it, even though but for one year, never can willingly abandon it. They may be distressed in the midst of all their power; but they will never look to any thing but power for their relief."

That nasty little narcissist is not just a sore loser (all of the psychological stuff that attempts to explain why he could never accept the label of "loser") but, if you recall, he was - and this was entirely new in my experience, but Brexit and its foul fellow-travellers also conformed to that pattern - he was a "sore winner", bitter, cruel, sadistic, twisted, vindictive, ungracious, - as well.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
All the little things: It would be useful to the country if the Trumps would adhere to at least some of the traditions around the impending inauguration of a different president, for instance the one where the spouse of an incumbent President invites the spouse of a President-Elect to the White House for tea and a tour of the private quarters.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
All the little things: It would be useful to the country if the Trumps would adhere to at least some of the traditions around the impending inauguration of a different president, for instance the one where the spouse of an incumbent President invites the spouse of a President-Elect to the White House for tea and a tour of the private quarters.

Two things that struck me, having read a few tweets on Twitter.

The first was - this afternoon - featured a lovely tweet of President-Elect Biden with his spouse - both dressed comfortably and casually, relaxed, enjoying the occasion and the chance to share it with one another, both genuinely grinning - the pair holding up a sign together which had (originally) read "Dr and Vice-President Biden live here", but Dr Jill Biden's hand deliberately covered the word "Vice", so that the sign now reads "Dr and President Biden live here".

And yes, you can see - in the shot and in the way it is framed - that this is a partnership, between two adults who have chosen one another.

The second, arising from that - and in response to an observation someone made on Twitter: Has anyone ever seen a shot of Mr Trump relaxed and comfortable with his family? Ever? The sort of shot you saw often with the Obamas, and sometimes, with the Clintons, and also with the Bush family?

For the egregious Mr Trump, shots of him relaxing - or, what he thinks is relaxing - are very reminiscent of the body language of a bully who happens to be a Mafia Don, shots of him marching across a golfing green, grimly clutching an iron, entirely surrounded by a male court of fawning and servile sycophants.

I've never seen the man laugh - and I have never seen him express affection or empathy for anyone.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Two things that struck me, having read a few tweets on Twitter.

The first was - this afternoon - featured a lovely tweet of President-Elect Biden with his spouse - both dressed comfortably and casually, relaxed, enjoying the occasion and the chance to share it with one another, both genuinely grinning - the pair holding up a sign together which had (originally) read "Dr and Vice-President Biden live here", but Dr Jill Biden's hand deliberately covered the word "Vice", so that the sign now reads "Dr and President Biden live here".

And yes, you can see - in the shot and in the way it is framed - that this is a partnership, between two adults who have chosen one another.

The second, arising from that - and in response to an observation someone made on Twitter: Has anyone ever seen a shot of Mr Trump relaxed and comfortable with his family? Ever? The sort of shot you saw often with the Obamas, and sometimes, with the Clintons, and also with the Bush family?

For the egregious Mr Trump, shots of him relaxing - or, what he thinks is relaxing - are very reminiscent of the body language of a bully who happens to be a Mafia Don, shots of him marching across a golfing green, grimly clutching an iron, entirely surrounded by a male court of fawning and servile sycophants.

I've never seen the man laugh - and I have never seen him express affection or empathy for anyone.

I am so ready for a White House that's fun to glance in on and see people managing to live in a fish bowl with plenty warmth and a sense of humor about the times when doing it with grace happens to slip a notch and reveal that the inhabitants are as imperfect as all the rest of us... and that they get up and dust themselves off and go on, same as we all have to do.

Everybody made fun of the press for pandering to the American public's desire after Nixon's resignation to see something on the front page every day that was just not all about crisis mode any more. We wanted those photos of Jerry Ford in his pajamas fetching the newspaper inside, or making toast in the kitchen...

I'm there again right now. But first we have to get through the transition. God if only someone in that White House can help Trump just say F it and head down to Florida for the duration of his incumbency. Staying in DC he'll just embarrass his party and the USA by his obsession with getting even and taking out his losses on whichever unfortunate aides are still around to hammer on.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I can't see a man with that sort of ego conceding anything in this lifetime. I doubt it will come to forcibly removal. I suspect he will claim he was robbed for the rest of his life. Someone should sue him for slander!

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Last three options. He will NEVER concede.

He hasn't been receiving a lot of support from his Republican allies, presumably because they figure this is the beginning of the end for him. The gap in terms of electoral votes is wide enough that trying to influence electors or overturn counts state by state is not likely to go anywhere. The House seems to still be held by Democrats, as far as I can tell, so I expect a tie would go to Biden due to the twelfth amendment. That would mean Trump would need an enormous number of faithless electors, at which point I would just label him as the idiot version of Palpatine, minus the lightning hand.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
wHow many days till trump is sent to a corner to pout?
Who knows, I can imagine him fleeing DC early or fighting to stay. This guy has a legal and financial Sword of Democles hanging over his head. Oh, and I don't see him conceding ever because the election was stolen from me! 👀

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
tenor.gif

NONE! Bwah ha haha haaaaaa!!

Top Bottom
1 2