Humanity’s Energy Crisis

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Human beings are having a hard time coming to grips with the issue of energy consumption and the drastic changes that we are causing World wide. Did you ever think that after warnings, in the 2000s, real scientific warnings that the poles would melt? I did. I think most of us were in, are still in La-La-Me-Me land.

If you are a betting person, what do you think the odds are that mankind will survive, and if we survive what state will the Earth end up in… a crisp with a few survivors living underground?

Anyway based on that lead in…
Texas- 100s F for the foreseeable summer. Last night Ercot, the Texas Energy agency warned Texans that demand may exceed available energy production this afternoon. This is after 18 months ago when the electric grid failed due to unseasonably cold temps in Feb 2021. A few weeks later the Governor, a Mr Slimy Suedo-Patriot type, a Mr Abbott came out and proclaimed everything was corrected and fixed. U-huh, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn Up for sale, cheap! 👀

I have turned out temp up in the house and turned off the pool pumps for day. I might see how running them at night, off peak time, works out. The issue is that the sun eats chlorine, and the pool water has to circulate to introduce fresh chlorine into the water to keep levels up.

Top Bottom
1 2