Hypocrisy clusterfuck at the southern border

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Biden wants the country to operate at limited capacity because of Covid. He also wants the southern border processing and detention centers to increase from 50% to 100% capacity. 😐

Texas's governor opened the state up 100% and lifted the mask mandate. Texas is also hyper red alert concerned about doing exactly that at the southern border processing and detention centers. 😐

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Biden wants the country to operate at limited capacity because of Covid. He also wants the southern border processing and detention centers to increase from 50% to 100% capacity. 😐

Texas's governor opened the state up 100% and lifted the mask mandate. Texas is also hyper red alert concerned about doing exactly that at the southern border processing and detention centers. 😐
They are quite conflicted, aren’t they.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m willing to give Biden a bit of a break for now. They’re pouring over the border and filling up the detention camps, so he’s between a rock and a hard place. Biden’s working on housing a bunch of them at Fort Meade, so we’ll see how that goes.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m willing to give Biden a bit of a break for now. They’re pouring over the border and filling up the detention camps, so he’s between a rock and a hard place. Biden’s working on housing a bunch of them at Fort Meade, so we’ll see how that goes.

Personally, I think it was an uneducated knee-jerk reaction to Trump's policies on the matter. I believe under Trump they had to stay in Mexico and with Covid I don't really see a reason to reverse that decision.

Frankly, we need some serious congressional legislation on this long term. It shouldn't be something that flip-flops depending on who is President. Even Obama was known as the deporter in chief but apparently that wasn't enough for the right. There are valid concerns on immigration from both sides, but it seems the Republicans and Democrats want to do nothing solid and decisive, and instead just use it as a talking point football.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Personally, I think it was an uneducated knee-jerk reaction to Trump's policies on the matter. I believe under Trump they had to stay in Mexico and with Covid I don't really see a reason to reverse that decision.

Frankly, we need some serious congressional legislation on this long term. It shouldn't be something that flip-flops depending on who is President. Even Obama was known as the deporter in chief but apparently that wasn't enough for the right. There are valid concerns on immigration from both sides, but it seems the Republicans and Democrats want to do nothing solid and decisive, and instead just use it as a talking point football.
You reverse it because the conditions are shitty and dehumanizing. These people need care and a path forward, not to be shoved into these horrible conditions because some racist asshole in power doesn't want to deal with them.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
You reverse it because the conditions are shitty and dehumanizing. These people need care and a path forward, not to be shoved into these horrible conditions because some racist asshole in power doesn't want to deal with them.
The Trump administration automatically assumed anybody seeking asylum was lying about it to get into America because we are such an incredible country... Meanwhile his entire campaign was about how terrible America is and how we need to make it great again.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and Trump is a master of that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

And what exactly is the grand plan other than opening up now 100% during a pandemic? There were complaints about conditions under Obama too.

Are you guys only fine with sledgehammer reactions as long as it's a Democrat wielding it?

Come to think of it, is anybody on the left on here other than me capable of ever being critical of Democrats? I'm not sure I've ever seen it, or at least not without being cushioned with a whataboutism on how Trump was so much worse.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And what exactly is the grand plan other than opening up now 100% during a pandemic? There were complaints about conditions under Obama too.

Are you guys only fine with sledgehammer reactions as long as it's a Democrat wielding it?
Not sure where this is coming from, Biden is the one trying to change it, isn't that the point of your post?
I believe under Trump they had to stay in Mexico and with Covid I don't really see a reason to reverse that decision.

To be fair, most of your posts on here favor the right under the guise of "why isn't anyone criticizing the Dems too". I personally have no issues with that but it's unfair to call us out on it when this is clearly the intention.
Come to think of it, is anybody on the left on here other than me capable of ever being critical of Democrats? I'm not sure I've ever seen it, or at least not without being cushioned with a whataboutism on how Trump was so much worse.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure where this is coming from, Biden is the one trying to change it, isn't that the point of your post?

To be fair, most of your posts on here favor the right under the guise of "why isn't anyone criticizing the Dems too". I personally have no issues with that but it's unfair to call us out on it when this is clearly the intention.

I don’t think its about being fair. Its about being hypocritical considering all the discussion on here about right wing posters on MR deflecting questions or not even acknowledging the question when it's critical of their world view.

For example, you avoided answering my question about opening the border facilities 100% during a pandemic. Why is that? I have my theories but I’d much rather hear a well thought out response to that from you. I’m not looking to attack you on it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don’t think its about being fair. Its about being hypocritical considering all the discussion on here about right wing posters on MR deflecting questions or not even acknowledging the question when it's critical of their world view.

For example, you avoided answering my question about opening the border facilities 100% during a pandemic. Why is that? I have my theories but I’d much rather hear a well thought out response to that from you. I’m not looking to attack you on it.
I did answer that question, you just didn't like it because it didn't fit your narrative for this post. If your goal is to challenge all things left (which seems apparent here) then I don't get why you don't just own up to leaning Conservative, there shouldn't be any shame to it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I did answer that question, you just didn't like it because it didn't fit your narrative for this post. If your goal is to challenge all things left (which seems apparent here) then I don't get why you don't just own up to leaning Conservative, there shouldn't be any shame to it.
I don’t see your response to that question. I see a response about using a sledgehammer that you bolded.

I don’t lean conservative and that is the perception problem people have, and I mean that in general terms, not just about me. If you’re not completely on board with the tribe then you must be with the other, as if any tribe is perfect, and just as importantly, never hypocrites.

Top Bottom
1 2