I beg your (Trump) pardon? That'll be $2million…

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
All too believable.

Giuliani associate told ex-CIA officer a Trump pardon would 'cost $2m’

An associate of Rudy Giuliani told a former CIA officer a presidential pardon was “going to cost $2m”, the New York Times reported on Sunday in the latest bombshell to break across the last, chaotic days of Donald Trump’s presidency.
Kiriakou told the Times his pursuit of a pardon came up during a meeting with Giuliani on another subject, at the Trump International Hotel in Washington last year.

During the meeting, which reportedly “involved substantial alcohol”, Giuliani went to the bathroom. It was then, Kiriakou said, that Giuliani’s unnamed associate told him: “It’s going to cost $2m – he’s going to want two million bucks.”
The Times said Giuliani rejected Kiriakou’s version of events and said he did not work as a pardon broker because he already represented Trump.

“It’s like a conflict of interest,” he was quoted as saying, adding that though he had heard large fees were being offered for pardons, “I have enough money. I’m not starving.”

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, potentially good news is that apparently Trump is not considering to pardon any of the rioters who participate in the coup. Of course I would not count my MAGA hats and rely on this.
I think he is pretty much defeated and sulking Now. but we will see.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Well, potentially good news is that apparently Trump is not considering to pardon any of the rioters who participate in the coup. Of course I would not count my MAGA hats and rely on this.
That's the thing that puzzled me about these supporters.

The ones that are going to get royally shafted by Trump and his lot are the most vocal and loyal of supporters.

The "elite" (I use it advisedly) whose interests Trump represents don't give a shit about these people.

Same thing in UK. Look at Brexit. The ones who stand to lose the most are/were the loudest supporters of Leave and then went on to vote Tory.
So now that fish catches are rotting on the quayside, motorcar factories closing and Kent one long Port-a-Loo corridor they start crying.

The human mind is a strange thing.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
He's going to pardon all of his children tomorrow.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he pardoned all the Capital rioters just to "own the libs"

It won't even matter to Trump if some of his pardons are later tossed out in court(s) for whatever so far untested reasons.

He's just burning it all down now, right to the last moment when he can still exercise --even abusively-- any of the privileges of his office.

It's entirely possible Trump will attempt a mass pardon of insurrectionists, for example, which would pose issues of their not all having been named or identified and therefore raising questions of how they would individually accept those pardons. He won't care and his counsel is probably short of inclination to research it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
They drained the swamp and refilled it with pure dog-💩.

Well... reminds of the line somewhere in The Wire where the one detective says something about having had to step through that substance during an investigation of a homicide in an abandoned rowhouse and the other guy says "Yeah you hope that's what it was."

Top Bottom
1 2