I did not know that...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Wanted a thread similar to "I like random stuff", but of a more serious nature as I have run across a few interesting stories I wanted to share.

Alli

Perfection
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can we get a quick synopsis so I can continue talking to my mother without listening to the video?

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Can we get a quick synopsis so I can continue talking to my mother without listening to the video?
Belize has a serious gang problem that's lasted more than a decade.

Inspired by the US film Colors & carried out by deportees from the U.S. who picked up the Bloods & Crip feud.

Last edited:
OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I just wanted to get a healthy variety of topics to get started, that I have been looking at over the past week or so.

Nothing to political or promotional, just interesting things one may not have been aware of before.

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
While the Toyota Land Cruiser’s days are finished in the U.S., the dependable SUV still corrals strong sales throughout the rest of the world. It’s particularly popular in its native Japan, where Toyota has reportedly racked up more than 20,000 preorders for the new 2022 Land Cruiser 300.

Toyota has been forcing those prospective customers to agree not to resell their Land Cruisers for at least a year, out of fear those trucks could leave the country and end up in other markets. Specifically markets where their sale would “violate foreign exchange law” and ultimately “threaten global security,” according to Japanese site Creative311 via Google Translate.

The phrasing was cryptic, though for good reason. Reading between the lines, the worry is that new Land Cruisers will end up in the hands of insurgent, paramilitary, or terrorist groups elsewhere in the world, with whom they’re also very popular. The U.S. Government actually investigated why ISIS in particular seemed to have such a well-stocked fleet of Toyotas back in 2015, with Toyota responding at the time that it had no control over where stolen or resold vehicles end up, according to ABC News.
It had always been my assumption that militias tend to snap up cheaper, older, smaller trucks — predominantly pickups — and that new, $60K-plus luxury SUVs like the Land Cruiser 300 were well out of their reach. For example, many Land Cruiser 70s can be seen throughout that aforementioned ABC News report on ISIS’ fondness for Toyotas. That particular model first entered production in 1984 yet is still sold new in various markets including Australia, in a variety of body styles.

You tend to see fewer modern trucks in these fleets, though militias still do get their hands on them. Research by Global Witness published last April found that the Rapid Support Forces in Sudan — one of the region’s most powerful paramilitary groups — procured five brand-new Land Cruisers VXRs in 2019 originating from Dubai. These LCs were far from the cheapest:

lizkat

elite pita
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

So NSO Group didn't already know how their stuff was being used? Or they knew but didn't care unless someone else found out and printed it?

Anyone who makes surveillance software can also make software that watches (and may record and transmit) how and where and when that product gets used. C'mon. Turning a blind eye to spying on journalists? All this fear of leaks to The Fourth Estate.... Maybe governments need to quit doing stuff with such unjustifiable opacity that potential leaks are pursued by journos to begin with.

As for spying on dissidents: whoever rigidly conflates political dissent with terrorism and crime is who needs watching, when you think about it.

An infinity of mirrors is what we're coming down to. The thing about that, if you understand how mirrors work, is that each reflection offers a little bit less of the original context. It's all coming down to endless paranoia about missing data on "The Lives of Others" (a great film, by the way).

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
So NSO Group didn't already know how their stuff was being used? Or they knew but didn't care unless someone else found out and printed it?

Anyone who makes surveillance software can also make software that watches (and may record and transmit) how and where and when that product gets used. C'mon. Turning a blind eye to spying on journalists? All this fear of leaks to The Fourth Estate.... Maybe governments need to quit doing stuff with such unjustifiable opacity that potential leaks are pursued by journos to begin with.

As for spying on dissidents: whoever rigidly conflates political dissent with terrorism and crime is who needs watching, when you think about it.

An infinity of mirrors is what we're coming down to. The thing about that, if you understand how mirrors work, is that each reflection offers a little bit less of the original context. It's all coming down to endless paranoia about missing data on "The Lives of Others" (a great film, by the way).
The defense NSO is putting forward is laughable. They know EXACTLY who their customers are. What a load of crap.

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
So this is a bit of wind, so we will start from the more popular figure & it's relevancy to Covid & work our way back to CRT...

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins isn't willing to get the COVID-19 vaccine, but he is willing to surround himself with plexiglass in the team's quarterback room.

Cousins — who missed four practices due to being a high-risk close contact — said he's "at peace" with his decision to not get vaccinated. He also suggested the plexiglass idea as a way to prevent getting the virus.

Why did this catch my eye besides the obvious? I was watching a news article pointing out more CERTAIN parents have decided to begin home schooling. Not out of a risk of Covid. It's because they are so worried about CRT, they've decided THEY want to teach specifically their children what THEY want them their children to learn. What could go wrong with that? More people clueless about what the Holocaust was really about? More people who think the Civil War was really about just state rights?

Let's take a look at where such things may come from...

tenor.gif

Top Bottom