OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
As much as we love best-of lists, it’s hard not to be fascinated with worst-of lists, too. They appeal to my innate fascination with people’s preferences—especially if those preferences don’t line up with my own. Along those lines, online review hub RAVE Reviews has released data on the most-hated brands in the world. There’s a whole section dedicated to the most-hated fast food brands in every country, and you just know it caught our eye.

Rave Reviews used SentiStrength, a language analysis tool, to scan over a million brand-related tweets and determine whether the overall sentiment toward those brands was negative or positive. RAVE Reviews then compiled the most loathed brands in every country based on “hate rate,” or the highest percentage of negative tweets. (By the way, this is non-food related, but Uber was the most hated brand overall in the United States, at 48.35% negative tweets. Just... something to consider.)

What caught my eye?

I’ll start with some surprises, including one stat that I found particularly entertaining. The most hated fast-food brand in Canada is... Orange Julius. What the hell? That’s so specific! I’ve had the chain’s signature Orange Julius drink a few times, and it’s pretty good considering that it’s basically just a Dreamsicle in a cup. Maybe 47.06% of negative tweeters are be unhappy with themselves, because they decided to go to a place with approximately two things on the menu.

There are still Orange Julius?!! 👀 I thought they all disappeared within the ever increasing abandoned malls. And Canada hates them?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That company CAN'T catch a break!

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Courtesy of FB
70900617_10158885105909554_458696305280024576_n.jpg

:unsure:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Vaccinated
Reaction score
No, back about 15~20 years ago, you could get a raw egg in your cup for an extra dollar.
Yeah, and they were great if you included the egg. I haven’t had one since it was no longer an option.

lizkat

elite pita
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think there used to be an Orange Julius down around 79th St and maybe one near 110th on Broadway in NYC back in the late 1960s, early 70s. Anyway it was a time when you could sometimes see undercover agents hanging out trying for the Columbia University student look and hoping to eavesdrop on plans for a next antiwar demonstration.

Those guys got the clothes right sometimes, but not the shoes and socks. And you know, plunking down a $20 bill for a snack at an Orange Julius back then was bound to raise eyebrows. The average unit of currency tendered there was probably a quarter.

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Wait. Dafuq! What the?

How is this possibly possible?

Roughly 75 miles into their training ride, Ferrell says a black diesel pickup truck slowed down near him and accelerated to blow smoke in his lane. Moments later, the pickup trick tried doing the same thing to other cyclists riding ahead of Ferrell.

"The reason he couldn’t stop is because he was accelerating to blow more diesel fuel on these cyclists," said Ferrell. "He ended up hitting 3 people before his brakes even started."

The driver of the pickup truck has been identified as a 16-year-old boy. According to Ferrell, the teen stayed at the scene and met with police after hitting the cyclists.

"There was no reason for this to happen," said Ferrell. "It wasn’t like he was on his phone. [He] definitely meant to try and scare these people [or] intimidate them in some way. [Maybe he then] made a mistake and ran them over."

As of Saturday evening, the driver of the pickup truck had not been arrested.

👀 :brickwall: :brickwall:

Yoused

up
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Bicyclists are second-class citizens. They are in my way, therefore they are a sub-human nuisance and deserve to have violence visited upon them, in order to teach them who own this road. Doubly so if they are wearing fluorescent cycling shorts or are non-white. Because, Freedumb!

lizkat

elite pita
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Knew a girl in college who thought this. She somehow got pregnant because they didn't use protection since they weren't actually having sex. SMH.

Yah i'm with the person who appended the comment "what a terrible day to be literate."

Older sister of a middle school friend of mine got pregnant while in high school, after at least claiming she had observed the only parental instruction about sexual matters that she'd ever received, prior to her first ever back-seat-of-car adventure... her dad had told her "don't ever let a boy put his tongue in your mouth".

I always figured sex ed had become more instructive since the 1950s, including about birth control options... which of course don't work any better than that guy's advice unless actually deployed... and yeah, even if a couple intends to try out "just soaking".

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are still Orange Julius?!! 👀 I thought they all disappeared within the ever increasing abandoned malls. And Canada hates them?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That company CAN'T catch a break!

Most here have been merged into Dairy Queens. Makes sense since they are both owned by the same company - Berkshire Hathaway.

lizkat

elite pita
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I dunno about the smoothies, but the best place to get a hot dog around here is...

That menu looks fabulous. Even a vegetarian option?! I will never give up my affinity for hotdogs. I blame it all on a place called Don and Bob's in Rochester NY where I landed during middle school years. After that, in NYC there was Nathan's in Coney Island and then Gray's Papaya... and all those vendor carts of the so called dirty water hotdogs. Pure heaven, all of it. Somehow my arteries and colon have managed to survive the experiences.... fewer and few now of course, so when I run into something online like what you just cited, I get all homesick for places with notorious or celebrated frankfurters. Oh yeah, I left out a place called Zum Zum that was in the Pan Am Building back in the day when Pan Am was still an airline lol. Great bratwurst w/ caramelized onions.

Top Bottom