I did not know that...

Renzatic

Ricky Spanish
Vaccinated
Reaction score
That menu looks fabulous. Even a vegetarian option?! I will never give up my affinity for hotdogs. I blame it all on a place called Don and Bob's in Rochester NY where I landed during middle school years. After that, in NYC there was Nathan's in Coney Island and then Gray's Papaya... and all those vendor carts of the so called dirty water hotdogs. Pure heaven, all of it. Somehow my arteries and colon have managed to survive the experiences.... fewer and few now of course, so when I run into something online like what you just cited, I get all homesick for places with notorious or celebrated frankfurters. Oh yeah, I left out a place called Zum Zum that was in the Pan Am Building back in the day when Pan Am was still an airline lol. Great bratwurst w/ caramelized onions.

I just had some General Tso's not even an hour ago, and, you know, it wasn't all that good. If I wasn't so full of disappointment, I'd definitely go for a hot dog right now.

ronntaylor

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
After that, in NYC there was Nathan's in Coney Island and then Gray's Papaya... and all those vendor carts of the so called dirty water hotdogs.
I attended John Dewey HS so my Junior and (especially) Senior year I'd make a dash over to the boardwalk to grab a couple dogs. Haven't eaten one in probably ~15 years. As far as Gray's, we'd make an annual trip when seeing a good friend on the Upper West Side but haven't gone in at least three years due to travel and of course, COVID-19.

I'm seriously thinking about getting some Gray's this week. Coney Island would have to be a meetup with fam & friends and that's not looking likely any time soon.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Sahlen‘s hot dogs (aka Texas red hots) are my favorite. They are grilled up at some fast food joints such as Ted’s hot dogs or Louie‘s Texas Red Hots in Western NY.

You can find Sahlen’s at any grocery store in WNY, and out of the area at any Wegmans and at some Harris Teeter markets.

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Conservatives

200w.webp

Did someone forget about a raging pandemic made worse by the inaction of a former president?

Anyone?

lizkat

elite pita
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did someone forget about a raging pandemic made worse by the inaction of a former president?

Anyone?

It will take awhile for a rise in minimum wages to be offset in the economy by the slightly increased spending power of people finally making enough to arrive at the top end of the working poor. The USA's political moorings don't include temporary subsidies to smooth this kind of hitch in its economy. And at least in the food and household goods sectors, retailers have long been pinched on margins, so it's likely to hit customers across the board for awhile.

Other reasons for rising prices, somewhat less obviously related to pandemic but triggered by the initial disruption of supply chains: bottlenecks in shipping (so then a shortage of shipping containers, shortage of drivers for new land-based portion of the routes), increase in costs of containership charter, so then rising disinclination to carry back empty ones, and in some cases movement to cargo flights with associated higher costs.

EDIT: Boston Globe just ran a piece on related issues that are bollixing public school lunch provisions in the USA...

In Boston Public Schools, more than one in every five positions for food service workers is currently vacant, said Benavidez, which means some school kitchens that once had three or four cooks making food from scratch are down to one staff member serving pre-packaged meals. And pre-packaged meal vendors face supply chain issues of their own, she said, meaning that yes, Boston’s been plagued by pizza problems too.

“We got calls from our staff saying there’s no pizza and I was like, ‘What?!’” Benavidez said, shaking her head. “No one is immune to this.”

It’s a challenge facing districts across the country. Missouri schools have been buying frozen pizzas and hot dogs from Sam’s Club. In Dallas, they can’t find flatware or plates. Carrots and antibiotic-free chicken are hard to come by in New York. In Philadelphia, school kids have gone hungry due to cafeteria staffing shortages. In one Alabama district, administrators told parents they might send kids home for remote learning to “alleviate the stress on our food supplies.”

She said that while supply chain issues span industries, K-12 school meal programs are unique in that they must meet US Department of Agriculture nutrition regulations. Yet when she goes out to bid, many of her vendors don’t have products that meet the guidelines.

The USDA has offered some leniency to schools, and Mugford said she’s gotten support from the Massachusetts Department of Education. But there are still issues such as storage problems: Small schools don’t have the refrigeration capacity to keep stockpiles of frozen nuggets on hand as a backup for when deliveries don’t arrive.

In response to the supply chain crisis, the USDA said on Wednesday it would provide $1.5 billion in additional assistance to schools to help manage disruptions. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack called it an “all-hands-on-deck approach.”

Yet other USDA efforts to stem food insecurity during the pandemic are, in fact, contributing to the strain. The agency vastly expanded free meals this year, meaning more kids are eating in the cafeteria instead of packing lunch from home.

Last edited:
OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Uh...?

It seems unlikely, but it did indeed happen: A man "wearing full ninja garb" attacked members of a U.S. Army special operations unit in the middle of the night in the California desert, setting off a scramble for safety and resulting in at least two injuries, according to police and other records.

The incident occurred a little after 1 a.m. on Sept. 18, when authorities in Ridgecrest, Calif., got word of a sword-wielding man dressed as a ninja on the loose at the Inyokern Airport in Kern County, north of Los Angeles.

Kern County sheriff's deputies found "the suspect had assaulted a victim at the scene with a sword, and thrown a rock through a hangar window, hitting an additional victim in the head," the sheriff's office said on Friday.

The attack came without any warning​

The victims are members of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR), according to the Stars and Stripes newspaper, which states that the military personnel were at the airport as part of training exercises.

The incident report quickly drew attention after it was posted on Instagram. It describes how a staff sergeant was smoking a late-night cigarette near an airport hangar when "an unknown person wearing full ninja garb" approached him with a question.

"Do you know who I am?" the man asked. The sergeant said he did not. "Do you know where my family is?" the man asked. When the sergeant said he did not know, "the person in ninja garb began to slash" at him with a katana sword, the report states, adding that the sergeant's leg and phone were struck.

The sergeant ran, jumped a fence and reached a building where he joined others from his company. As he and a captain locked the doors and called 911, the assailant kicked and punched doors and windows, according to the report, which has redacted the service members' names.

The Ridgecrest Police Department's blotter entry from that night says a report came in at 1:19 a.m. of a suspect in a ninja outfit, complete with a sword, at Inyokern Airport. The report cited "at least one victim." More than 20 minutes after the initial contact, the blotter says, a 911 call came in from someone at the airport saying 26 special operations military members were "hunkered down in a hanger [sic] wondering where help is."

The ninja did not obey deputies' orders​

Police officers located the ninja suspect on a nearby road. But the man "refused to follow commands and brandished the sword at deputies," the sheriff's office said. Projectile rounds were used "but were ineffective," it added. Instead, the man ran. When deputies used a Taser on him, he dropped the sword, and deputies were able to take him into custody. He was identified as Gino Rivera, 35.

Rivera was arrested "for attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, brandishing a weapon, brandishing a weapon with the intent to resist or prevent an arrest," along with vandalism and obstructing or delaying a peace officer in the performance of their duties, the sheriff's office said.

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
🤦‍♂️
d044d8b15e834139fbe358f9253d36aa.jpg

FFS

How the 'F' did that get past the lips of the idiot who thought that was an idea at all, let alone okayed to be put on jerseys?

I am literally disappointed, embarrassed, & stunned for all the idiots involved with this, that they somehow couldn't F'ing recognize how racist this is!

Yoused

up
Vaccinated
Reaction score
How the 'F' did that get past …
Sports teams, especially football and hockey teams, like to project "we are bad-ass". With a name like "Raiders", the bad-assest of bad-ass is what they want. If that poses a risk of toppling into a treacherous lahar of bad taste, mean, hey, that just shows how very bad-ass they are.

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Wait. WTF?!!! 👀

One America News Network, the self-styled news channel that pumps out pro-Trump propaganda, has received tens of millions in funding from AT&T, according to a stunning new report.

Reuters unearthed how the far right channel, which distinguished itself in cable news by peddling the most extreme 2020 election conspiracy theories, is being propped up by the world’s largest communications company:

A Reuters review of court records shows the role AT&T played in creating and funding OAN, a network that continues to spread conspiracy theories about the 2020 election and the COVID-19 pandemic.
The role that AT&T played in the launch of OAN was revealed by the network’s founder, Robert Herring Sr., in a deposition obtained by Reuters:

OAN founder and chief executive Robert Herring Sr has testified that the inspiration to launch OAN in 2013 came from AT&T executives.
“They told us they wanted a conservative network,” Herring said during a 2019 deposition seen by Reuters. “They only had one, which was Fox News, and they had seven others on the other [leftwing] side. When they said that, I jumped to it and built one.”
Since then, AT&T has been a crucial source of funds flowing into OAN, providing tens of millions of dollars in revenue, court records show. Ninety percent of OAN’s revenue came from a contract with AT&T-owned television platforms, including satellite broadcaster DirecTV, according to 2020 sworn testimony by an OAN accountant.

Nearly all of One America News Network's revenue last year came from a single contract with telecom giant AT&T, according to a new report.

Ninety percent of OAN’s revenue in 2020 was the result of a contract with AT&T-owned television platforms, including satellite broadcaster DirecTV, Reuters reported on Wednesday, citing sworn testimony given last year by an OAN accountant.

The network's founder and chief executive, Robert Herring, testified he was offered $250 million for OAN in 2019, and a company accountant testified that without the DirecTV contract, the company's value would be "zero."
OAN has emerged as a haven for far-right political viewpoints and targets viewers with an affinity for former President Trump. It rose to prominence during the Trump presidency by covering his rallies live and featuring hosts who would laud the president's policies.

The network was sued earlier this year by Dominion Voting Systems company for defamation based on statements made about the 2020 election.

Herring, in sworn testimony reviewed by Reuters, revealed that the inspiration to launch OAN in 2013 came from AT&T executives.

“They told us they wanted a conservative network,” Herring reportedly said. “They only had one, which was Fox News, and they had seven others on the other [leftwing] side. When they said that, I jumped to it and built one.”
In a statement to The Hill on Wednesday, company spokesman Jim Greer said "AT&T has never had a financial interest in OAN’s success and does not ‘fund’ OAN."

"When AT&T acquired DIRECTV, we refused to carry OAN on that platform, and OAN sued DIRECTV as a result. Four years ago, DIRECTV reached a commercial carriage agreement with OAN, as it has with hundreds of other channels and as OAN has done with the other TV providers that carry its programming," Greer said. "DIRECTV offers a wide variety of programming, including many news channels that offer a variety of viewpoints, but it does not dictate or control programming on the channels. Any suggestion otherwise is wrong. The decision of whether to renew the carriage agreement upon its expiration will be up to DIRECTV, which is now a separate company outside of AT&T."

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Wait. WTF?!!! 👀

One America News Network, the self-styled news channel that pumps out pro-Trump propaganda, has received tens of millions in funding from AT&T, according to a stunning new report.

Reuters unearthed how the far right channel, which distinguished itself in cable news by peddling the most extreme 2020 election conspiracy theories, is being propped up by the world’s largest communications company:

The role that AT&T played in the launch of OAN was revealed by the network’s founder, Robert Herring Sr., in a deposition obtained by Reuters:
I can only hope that this revelation is so embarrassing for AT&T that they drop the network from DirecTV and it goes bankrupt.

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
But wait... White supremacy AND the domestic terrorism that comes with it is NOT a problem?

I did NOT know that! Start a Black militia though?

👀 :unsure: :brickwall:

This USA Today article is behind a pay wall.

I'm really fascinated what rhetoric will motivate prosecution, and what rhetoric WON'T.

If you're a White militia group in Portland it seems like you can do ride alongs with the Police there, even when they are supposed to be actively looking for you.

john-cena-you-cant-see-me.gif

DT

Filled with Pumpkiny Goodness
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wait. WTF?!!! 👀

Yeah, I just found out about this, someone had posted [Twitter] a list of FTCs: Chick Fil A, Goya, Home Depot, oh of course Hobby Lobby (with an extra special FU ...), but they also wrote ATT/OAN and I had the very same, Wait ... What? reaction, did some deep dive, ugh, yeah, FU ATT.

ronntaylor

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm really fascinated what rhetoric will motivate prosecution, and what rhetoric WON'T.
He's an idiot that will be behind bars. Again. He should have followed his own advice and not allow his emotions to get his arrested. We know that white militias/terrorists groups get away with shit like this all the time. He can't say what about them? as he already knew he was being watched by the feds and local law enforcement. Besides, as my grandmother would say: "He ain't wrapped too tight!"

OP
JayMysteri0

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well, ain't this special?!!

As if the more extreme fans of the former 2X impeached president weren't odious enough, they need to show they really really are...

It didn't take long to find hundreds of videos where these Trumpers and so-called patriots were hanging black American flags. ...

Black American flags are the flags that mean "no quarter shall be given." They are the opposite of the white flag of surrender.

According to the people on TikTok and the Sun (British tabloid), the black American flag originated in the civil war and was flown by the Confederates.

It means that they will not surrender, will not take prisoners, and are willing to die for their cause. It means they will execute their enemies.

Who are their enemies? Pretty much any non-Conservative. You know, Democrats, Liberals, LGBTQ, BIPOC, and the vaccinated. ...

So, we're the enemy, and they're openly professing to want to execute us. … So, why are they doing this

Covid vaccinations, mostly. They believe that Joe Biden has declared a civil war on them by mandating that employers with over 100 employees and the military have vaccinations.

Yes, they say civil war, and they say it's already started. But, unfortunately, many of them also live in states where masks and vaccines are required by state governments, healthcare, and law enforcement.

An alarming number of military members have been making Tik Toks talking about how they are being discharged because they refuse the vaccine. It's alarming because there is probably an equal number of guys on there talking about the civil war plans and actively using Tik Tok to recruit these military and ex-military members.

The biggest message they have been sending out is, "it's time" or "the time is now." ...

Although showing guns on Tik Tok is supposed to be against community guidelines, they show lots of videos of their guns, shooting them, wearing them, or sitting on their bed.

They primarily use Tik Tok as a recruiting tool and let others know their willingness to commit violence. Then they tell people to message them or where to find them on Telegram.

It isn't surprising to see what time inspired this new bit of symbolic outrage, because after all it's consistently one side that likes to scream for a civil war if they can't keep their unpaid employees shackled for life or their choice for president strangely isn't liked by the majority of the country who couldn't grasp how bad a pandemic is, doesn't get picked to lead again.

Sheesh, I miss when participation trophies were enough to appease.

In case your curious, yes former2Ximpeachedpresidentshop.net does in fact sell the flags for $29.95 so you can look like the other adults who hadn't grown out of being 'edgelords'.

Top Bottom