I found the cause of all the shootings

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Was listening the Joe Walsh show from the other day. He’s right wing but not insane right, and if nothing else when I don’t agree with his views he at least articulates them well and admits his view aren’t the only or correct views. However I was a little shocked at the angle he introduced to the gun debate. He’s pro second amendment but admits we have a shooting problem in the country. What shocked me was he suggested that maybe we start by just accepting regular mass shootings as part of living in the US with our kind of freedoms. As appalling as that is, it’s probably closest to the reality compared to anything that might possibly be done about it.

He also brought up one of the favorite straw men deflections of 2nd amendment supporters, the fact that we don’t seem to care about all the shootings in poor gang infested neighborhoods. He even mentioned some high numbers in those killings. What does that have to do with anything and how is that a defense? Is there anybody out there claiming to be against mass or spree shootings but pro poor neighborhood shootings?

He’s generally a reasonable guy, but what I’m hearing is somebody flailing around in an attempt to defend the indefensible realizing their defenses are exhausted and played out, to use an appropriate pun, out of ammo.
I don’t agree that we just let the gun nuts win. People assume the 2nd amendment has always been interpreted in such a ridiculous way. It hasn’t. We don’t need to change it: just interpret as written instead of ignoring the whole bit about the militia and WELL REGULATED.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t agree that we just let the gun nuts win. People assume the 2nd amendment has always been interpreted in such a ridiculous way. It hasn’t. We don’t need to change it: just interpret as written instead of ignoring the whole bit about the militia and WELL REGULATED.

I agree we shouldn't just drop it, but unless we get some kind of mass or spree shooting every week then I don't really see much happening. (Un)fortunately it looks like we may be getting a weekly shooting of this type, so maybe the outrage will finally become more than hot air.

U

User.45

Was listening the Joe Walsh show from the other day. He’s right wing but not insane right, and if nothing else when I don’t agree with his views he at least articulates them well and admits his view aren’t the only or correct views. However I was a little shocked at the angle he introduced to the gun debate. He’s pro second amendment but admits we have a shooting problem in the country. What shocked me was he suggested that maybe we start by just accepting regular mass shootings as part of living in the US with our kind of freedoms. As appalling as that is, it’s probably closest to the reality compared to anything that might possibly be done about it.

He also brought up one of the favorite straw men deflections of 2nd amendment supporters, the fact that we don’t seem to care about all the shootings in poor gang infested neighborhoods. He even mentioned some high numbers in those killings. What does that have to do with anything and how is that a defense? Is there anybody out there claiming to be against mass or spree shootings but pro poor neighborhood shootings?

He’s generally a reasonable guy, but what I’m hearing is somebody flailing around in an attempt to defend the indefensible realizing their defenses are exhausted and played out, to use an appropriate pun, out of ammo.
The thing is... Trump whined about not getting immigration from "developed nations". It's because of this mindset.

U

User.45

The other issue is that these guys assume the 2A is so cut and dry, when it is not at all. it's like the emperor's new wall. Somebody made up this idea of "we can't do shit" and these guys bounce off this imaginary wall with some really impressive theatrics involved.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
THIS may add an interesting twist on the whole gun discussion

Why?

THIS is Rico Marley, the man arrested

t_ab994cc0c63c45e9916d841e28b75a6d_name_Googl__1_.jpg

There is NO FUCKING reason for needing that many guns or body armor for that matter.

But to hear the gun advocates say it, it's not only the person's right...

If he has a license & a creative defense, this will make things very interesting,

P.S. Let me say, I find it kind of funny where they choose to display all the weapons he had.
Wait, how is this even possible? He’s black. Armed. Arrested? Whaaaasaa???

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The man just wanted to use the bathroom and take his gun along for protection.

I predict by summer we’re going to have a situation at some retail location full of armed “patriots exercising their right” where a massive shootout breaks out due to one of the “patriots exercising their right” being suspicious of another “patriot exercising their right”.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I predict by summer we’re going to have a situation at some retail location full of armed “patriots exercising their right” where a massive shootout breaks out due to one of the “patriots exercising their right” being suspicious of another “patriot exercising their right”.
...and it is going to be a false flag antifa or BLM operation. Or possibly something triggered by either jewish space lasers or the microchip from the vaccine. Anything except for actual responsibility.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow that comment section is pure cancer.

I fully understand if you, or anybody reading this post, wants to block me for exposing you to the comment section in this article, which by comparison makes the actual article seem flattering.

U

User.45

I fully understand if you, or anybody reading this post, wants to block me for exposing you to the comment section in this article, which by comparison makes the actual article seem flattering.

Not opening it, LOL. In the 19th century, you were the shit if you read greek mythology in greek. Now, I'd rather learn to read Cyrillic letters and read Russian mythology in Russian as well.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not opening it, LOL. In the 19th century, you were the shit if you read greek mythology in greek. Now, I'd rather learn to read Cyrillic letters and read Russian mythology in Russian as well.

Good call. But I was hoping you would report back how many flies flew in and out of your mouth during the length of time your jaw was on the floor while reading the comments. For me, I counted 6.

U

User.45

Good call. But I was hoping you would report back how many flies flew in and out of your mouth during the length of time your jaw was on the floor while reading the comments. For me, I counted 6.
The thing about disinformation is that it impacts you no matter what. It plants a seed in your mind until you verify it. The strategy is to overwhelm you with bullshit so they saturate your ability to "fact check". If I don't fact check, the win by poisoning my mind, they win. If I fact check, they win by wasting my time. From a game theory stand point, the only way I can win a game like this is by not participating.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The thing about disinformation is that it impacts you no matter what. It plants a seed in your mind until you verify it. The strategy is to overwhelm you with bullshit so they saturate your ability to "fact check". If I don't fact check, the win by poisoning my mind, they win. If I fact check, they win by wasting my time. From a game theory stand point, the only way I can win a game like this is by not participating.

It's not just disinformation. There's also some serious helpings of 1/2 or 1/4 truths being spewed out as the total picture without question or looking any further, no matter how obvious it is that they are missing something...or a lot of things.

As a general note, I'm not a big Fox News reader. I like to check multiple corporate tool news sites to see how and what they are pitching. I tend to post Fox News articles on here because the other sources would generally be redundant or agreeable on here.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That last piece reminds me of my post on why we need big government. Whenever given the opening Republicans and the right can't help but to use freedom as excuse to be irresponsible assholes.

Top Bottom
1 2