I found the cause of all the shootings

U

User.45

U

User.45

I liked how some were trying to get "He was Muslim" trending, with the release of the Boulder shooter's name.

Because that absolves who?

🤨

His mugshot tells you much about why he's still alive...statistically speaking.
1616532582610.png

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yes, I must say that I just love the narratives - the completely culturally understood short-hand - around the narrative of such shootings in the US:

Brown guy goes on a shooting rampage: Terrorist, (probably Muslim terrorist). Like most brown guys.

Because, who knows? What brown guys aren't terrorists?

Asians who study, top out in class, get scholarships and pay taxes? They're not real guys.

Unless - for some strange inexplicable reason, - the brown guy happens to be Mexican, in which case he is simply "an illegal".

Black gentleman goes on a lethal shooting rampage: Thug from the gangs in the ghettos (if he is from the North), and obviously, son of a single mother. Because his dad in in jail.

Or dead (see aforementioned gangs).

Or vanished. Because only male Caucasians (and those damned Asians who do not feature in this conversation) do idealised stuff like Stable Nuclear Family Life.

If he is from the South, he shouldn't exist other than as a slave.

If he is middle class, he's escaped. From his inevitable destiny. (Damn him).

If the police killed him, he was resisting arrest, even if he was already cuffed (face down) on the ground.

White guy goes on a mad killing rampage: He's had an off day. It's the NGO's fault. Or, maybe the fault of his boss. His (stupid) girlfriend shouldn't have broken up with him. Naturally, he's upset. So, really, it is all the woman's fault.

And, anyway, he's actually a really decent guy. Upright pillar of the community. Or, his dad is.

The racist and sexist shit on his social media? No kidding? Nah, snowflake, that's just locker-room talk.

Anyway, if you charge him, - let alone convict him - this may be detrimental to his promising career. And, besides, it's a once off - a bad day, - and anyone can have a bad day - and really, this is all perfectly understandable.

Last edited:
U

User.45

Yes, I must say that I just love the narratives - the completely culturally understood short-hand - around the narrative of such shootings in the US:

Brown guy goes on a shooting rampage: Terrorist, (probably Muslim terrorist). Like most brown guys.

Because, who knows? What brown guys aren't terrorists?

Asians who study, top out in class, get scholarships and pay taxes? They're not real guys.

Unless - for some strange inexplicable reason, - the brown guy happens to be Mexican, in which case he is simply "an illegal".

Black gentleman goes on a lethal shooting rampage: Thug from the gangs in the ghettos (if he is from the North), and obviously, son of a single mother. Because his dad in in jail.

Or dead (see aforementioned gangs).

Or vanished. Because only male Caucasians (and those damned Asians who do not feature in this conversation) do idealised stuff like Stable Nuclear Family Life.

If he is from the South, he shouldn't exist as other than a slave.

If he is middle class, he's escaped. From his inevitable destiny. (Damn him).

If the police killed him, he was resisting arrest, even if he was already cuffed on the ground.

White guy goes on a mad killing rampage: He's had an off day. It's the NGO's fault. His (stupid) girlfriend shouldn't have broken up with him. It is the woman's fault.

And, anyway, he's actually a really decent guy. Upright pillar of the community. Or, his dad is.

The racist and sexist shit on his social media? Nah, snowflake, that's just locker-room talk.

Anyway, if you charge him, - let alone convict him - this may be detrimental to his career. And, anyway, it's a once off - a bad day, - and anyone can have a bad day - and perfectly understandable.
Yup, you got the recipe right.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
...the right of the people to keep and bear arms and go on the occasional murderous rampage shall not be infringed. :cautious:

Yes.

One of the few good points about the lockdowns imposed as a result of the Covid pandemic has been a marked reduction in the number of murderous rampages and mass school killings.

Actually, the vast majority of which - such murderous rampages - have been committed by white males, with a side order of domestic violence, often heavily seasoned by racism, in their background.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
There's a reason why SOME need "He was Muslim" trending on Twitter.

Because otherwise we usually know who "He was"

161786236_887509115429678_8208195058932340698_n.jpg

Seriously, with the guy who beat tried to beat up the Asian Grandma ( think of who he is and when you saw him last ), the Atlanta shooter, and this FUCKING tool, the police do a D@MN good job of protecting the criminals identity. Let a Black person get killed by an officer, and we'll be seeing photos of the victim like they led a Wu Tang video.

Elijah McClain's last words when Colorado police killed him
According to body cam audio, these were McClain's last words as he was restrained by police officers:[22]

I can't breathe. I have my ID right here. My name is Elijah McClain. That's my house. I was just going home. I'm an introvert. I'm just different. That's all. I'm so sorry. I have no gun. I don't do that stuff. I don't do any fighting. Why are you attacking me? I don't even kill flies! I don't eat meat! But I don't judge people, I don't judge people who do eat meat. Forgive me. All I was trying to do was become better. I will do it. I will do anything. Sacrifice my identity, I'll do it. You all are phenomenal. You are beautiful and I love you. Try to forgive me. I'm a mood Gemini. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Ow, that really hurt! You are all very strong. Teamwork makes the dream work. Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to do that. I just can't breathe correctly.

They took an armed shooter alive who killed a fellow police officer. I'm guessing before they knew his name.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Last week the police shot and killed a guy across the street from my work. We didn’t hear the gunshots but saw the parade of cop cars and ambulances. Not knowing what happened I said it isn’t a situation until the helicopters arrive. About 10 minutes later the helicopters arrived. I found out what happened on the local news. No races were mentioned and the guy who got shot was a suspect in multiple robberies, had already escaped the police once, and this time he thought it was a good idea to ram the police cars blocking his escape route. So, righteous kill?

If I was a right winger I’d probably be yelling “Why don’t more situations like this make the national news?!?!? It’s always stories of the guy who got shot seeming to do nothing wrong at the scene! That’s not fair coverage!”

U

User.45

Last week the police shot and killed a guy across the street from my work. We didn’t hear the gunshots but saw the parade of cop cars and ambulances. Not knowing what happened I said it isn’t a situation until the helicopters arrive. About 10 minutes later the helicopters arrived. I found out what happened on the local news. No races were mentioned and the guy who got shot was a suspect in multiple robberies, had already escaped the police once, and this time he thought it was a good idea to ram the police cars blocking his escape route. So, righteous kill?

If I was a right winger I’d probably be yelling “Why don’t more situations like this make the national news?!?!? It’s always stories of the guy who got shot seeming to do nothing wrong at the scene! That’s not fair coverage!”
It's not that the job of police isn't dangerous. I surmise, in most situations they use force appropriately. It's that their risk to be killed by assailants is way overrepresented: 45-65 per annum for >600K LEO. It's actually riskier to be a black male in your 20s than to be a cop.

If you look at the justifications of police killings, etc, you can also see that the amount of firearms circulating is one of the prime reasons the job of cops is so dangerous. AFAIR, the second biggest danger to cop's safety is vehicular assaults, so regulating firearms wouldn't fix everything, "just a lot". I think most of us would make the same choice if the options were running from bullets or cars.

The issue is the police forces clearly, statistically evident distribution of how and when they use force. I dove into NYP'd complaints this summer when they were released and after filtering for substantiated complaints, those from Blacks were way way way overrepresented. I always think about which direction the dataset may be biased and why, but here I think due to the mistrust of the African American community towards the system, the bias is likely heavy towards underreporting. To me, there is sufficient evidence to show policing bias that shines through even poor quality datasets. When somebody wants to justify these by rates of charges for violent crime in the Black community, they miss the point. If a perceivably White person commits the crime, they don't represent the "White community", but when a Black person does it, they are considered "ambassadors of the Black community".

This gives me flashbacks from my childhood. If I got into trouble, there was always a connotation that it's because I'm half African and the "savage genes" are finally manifesting. Yet, if I did something successfully is because of my European genes shining through... This shit is the reason I simply identify as Black even though I cringe because this is just so inaccurate from a biological stand point.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The police officers must have been kicking themselves for taking him alive after they found out his name.

He has a criminal record, but was allowed to purchase the below with ease - what a country

View attachment 4139

The big focus from the right will be the left mislabeling that exact gun, type of gun, and what it's capable of. That's their big show stopper, "How can you ban something when you don't even know what it is? Am I right, Dale? LOL. Stupid libtards."

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh, of course. I was once mocked on TOP for not correctly labelling the type of gun a shooter used.

Next on the list is rating the shooter's marksmanship with the gun or arsenal used and how it was a good or poor choice for the desired outcome. Maybe you'll get some bonus analysis like "He clearly didn't know what he was doing. If it was me I would have.....".

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There is no arguing with gun nuts. We may or may not have had one on this forum before and I believe when asked if each American has a right to their own nuclear weapon, the answer was yes. If that’s somebody’s point of view, don’t waste your time.

Top Bottom
1 2