I got this piece of art recommended to me

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I get advertisements from several artwork sites I've bought from in the past mostly from purchases I made from them printing and framing my own photos, although I have gotten artwork by others from them too. I can't say this is based on my purchase or browsing history with them but today they recommended this.

Image 10-24-20 at 3.27 PM.jpeg

I have to say I'm captivated but have so many questions. Why was this recommended to me? How did this get on an art site? Who is buying this to put on their wall? It's a good photo and she's an attractive young lady, but is it even possible to not have your eyes magnetically go to the boobs? I'm not even a boob guy but this photo is making me rethink that. Is that what makes it art? How much time did the photographer spent setting up the shot? Am I seeing what they intended? What's the backstory? What acceptable analytical thoughts should I have about this photo?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I get advertisements from several artwork sites I've bought from in the past mostly from purchases I made from them printing and framing my own photos, although I have gotten artwork by others from them too. I can't say this is based on my purchase or browsing history with them but today they recommended this.

View attachment 905

I have to say I'm captivated but have so many questions. Why was this recommended to me? How did this get on an art site? Who is buying this to put on their wall? It's a good photo and she's an attractive young lady, but is it even possible to not have your eyes magnetically go to the boobs? I'm not even a boob guy but this photo is making me rethink that. Is that what makes it art? How much time did the photographer spent setting up the shot? Am I seeing what they intended? What's the backstory? What acceptable analytical thoughts should I have about this photo?
Interesting, they say its in the eye of the beholder and the photograph itself appears professionally done (okay but not great), nice even lighting with just the right amount of background bokeh and some sun rays but that's where it ends for me. The subject is clearly that young girls breasts, maybe they're just marketing heavily and probably sent that to all their male clients but it would be enough to make me unsubscribe.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’d be an amusing conversation for me to convince my wife this is good art and we should hang it up.

It doesn’t give off a “day of life of a farmer” vibe, which would be cool. Boobs all day.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Leaving aside where the camera (classic and clichéd "male gaze" stuff) is focussed.

Instead, (and I studied art at school...) let us examine the totally fatuous way the model (she is not a farmer, still less a farmer's daughter, a farm labourer, or farm worker, and she is most emphatically not a milkmaid) is holding the hay in the loosest of possible grips: Any animal, desirous of eating, or tucking in, and giving a decent and greedy tug, a forceful tug with a little edge to their greed, would easily, and effortlessly, seize it from her hands, possibly hauling her off her feet, in the process.

Then, there is the witless strap, artlessly falling off her right shoulder.

Okay: This one is for women: Whenever you feel a strap - from a bra, or top, ease or slide off a shoulder, what do you do? You immediately seek out a (preferably) docile cow and offer it hay, heedless of the (entirely irrelevant) practicalities, don't you? Of course, you do.

And the moronically demure expression; well, as is well known, docile cattle love, just love, the notion (maybe not the reality) of a demure milk maid. Anthropomorphic types are wont to argue that they take it seriously as a sort of role model.

Top Bottom
1 2