I like random stuff...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought of a great idea: a CPAP alarm clock. It would have eeg sensors in the straps that would start tracking your brain activity a couple hours ahead of the alarm time and right at the end of a REM cycle, it would just shut off and you would be awake.
Like when the power goes out and all of a sudden you can’t breathe because the CPAP has stopped forcing air down your windpipe.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Politically random. Beautiful.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Politically random. Beautiful.
Could definitely use more ads like that, maybe this year AFTER the elections.... from all the pols who won and lost. Not holding my breath, but that's a great example from Utah.

My random bit for this morning is in the mundane category of weather... but not mundane for around here. In the mountains this time of year it's usually about 25ºF or 30 before dawn, then warming up to the 50s max during the day.... but lately our lows overnight are 55 or 60!

So our Indian Summer lingers on and behaves much more like something that got lost and drifted up from the south (a rare wind direction right here). I am not complaining even if this is a sign of climate change, rather than just an impending and mild-side La Niña winter.

Tonight - Fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the evening.​
Friday - Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 70. South wind 7 to 13 mph.​

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And we’re back to summer. Too hot to walk this morning. And I think it’s going to rain.

But I have another gorgeous video. It is guaranteed to cause tears:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
OK here's some random for yer Friday night: a look back at what Juilliard musicians (and some other folks and critters you may recognize who also got roped into this gig) were doing just about six months ago, as the reality of having to remain practicing artists during covid was just starting to sink in for real.

Whole new meaning of "morph" for poor ol' Maurice Ravel's Boléro -- and a lot of pretty good video editing,

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
And we’re back to summer.
We will get summer in about 11 or 12 weeks. It will last as long as ten days or so, and then we slide into brittle February. Right now, we have that cold that clings to everything and creeps into every narrow crack. The air is a steel weight that taunts you to challenge its crushing authority. And, worst of all, the lawn just keeps on growing.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We will get summer in about 11 or 12 weeks. It will last as long as ten days or so, and then we slide into brittle February. Right now, we have that cold that clings to everything and creeps into every narrow crack. The air is a steel weight that taunts you to challenge its crushing authority. And, worst of all, the lawn just keeps on growing.
That sounds like the worst of all possible worlds.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
62519156165__187E2B0A-4370-4D1C-A672-732396F5FD43.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2