I like random stuff...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
125075388_3686870897999581_4787237532771103929_n.jpg

Remember despite anything politically we had/have a pandemic, ran out names for storms, murder hornets, and firenadoes among other things.

I don't want to know if things can get more weird

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Food for children's book authors? The 75-foot Christmas tree destined for Rockefeller Center this year came from the Oneonta area not far from here. Trussed up like a turkey before being cut and lowered by a crane onto a flatbed for hauling to NYC, it had a stowaway saw-whet owl discovered at destination. They are one of the smallest species of owl in the USA - fully grown it's 2.5oz (70 grams).

It's been cared for up in Saugerties at a wildlife rehab center and will be released there Saturday since no need to take it back upstate, they are nomadic except when breeding. Totally cute little guy... they X-rayed it, no broken bones so just fed and watered it and will make a "soft release" of it to a platform with a few mice on it on Saturday, in case his first night out on his own doesn't prove good hunting.

Stowaway saw-whet owl in Rockefeller Xmas tree.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That was amazing! It also proved that through the years I have read and watched way too much science fiction, and only know the names of video games.
Watching it was also a reminder that these large ships are fictional - the sizes of some of them are quite hilarious.

Top Bottom
1 2