A place I would avoid working at
EoGoSpvVoAExs09

On a lighter :rolleyes: side tho
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1333628262539427847/

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1335360359063023616/

Another thing to like during these times, and another reminder of what a truly shitty thing it was to FUCK with the USPS for short term hopeful political gain. These people did NOT deserve to be dragged into any crap. They already are a valuable part of our country, and here's a reminder of what they bring...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Pity they didn’t announce this before my daughter signed the lease for an apartment in Florida.

Why don’t they want us retired people with nothing but disposable income?

They know they messed up by promoting an unsustainable model of capitalism, and they know our kids or grandkids can't even come up with gas for their SUV to get to the Walmart to shop-and-drive for other people (who are also juggling income and interest on their plastic)... so it comes down to suspecting that since not so many retirees have a great pension or a 401k balance worth checking... and they know the Social Security income of a set of grandparents (or one grandparent) can't stretch to cover them and the next two generations, maybe let some other state invite them to settle in for their sunset years because it's already gettin' dark in the empty vaults where state budget surpluses sit.

But hey, on the bright side in the early Trump era, corporations brought their offshore monies home at cut-rate one-off taxation deals and bought so much of their stock back before the coronavirus came along that now they're borrowing money to float new issues of stock or possibly just to repay the feds some improperly taken early stimulus loans.... so if we do actually have any money left over, um, let's see, the markets are fat for day trading in their erratic wonderment over whether enough Trump or Biden has been baked in or subtracted... and so there's a way this works out for somebody, although I just read that Goldman Sachs thinks to move to Florida to cut back on real estate costs, figuring employees can work from home and if they don't like moving to Florida to do it, well cutting labor costs still works too.

I knew this was easy to explain even before late lunch. You're welcome.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
I love my 6 speed RX-8. Not fun driving a manual tranny in traffic, but driving a sports car with a stick on winding roads, merging onto the highway and blasting off at green lights is fun. I've driven several SUVs and trucks with a manual and I think I would rather they be automatic. The shifter isn't as crisp or short throw as a sports car is.
Man it’s been too long away from you people! I bought an Audi A3 sedan a few years ago, and no manual for me (they don’t even make them) and I love it. The transmission is awesome and having a manual in the city is terrible anyway. Love that thing and I baby the hell out of it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
On a lighter :rolleyes: side tho

I tell you what... if that was really someone's house deco for the holidays, and I was subjected to it as a neighbor, I'd videotape it for a while, then take off my live-and-let-live hat and demo willingness to get busted for some creative MacroAggression, go home, call cops, turn myself in and ship a copy of the video so they could see how it worked before I fixed it.

Top Bottom
1 2