I like random stuff...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Remember, the keyword in the thread title is 'random'

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1339340726249852941/

We don't have enough options in the reaction department here... I can't even think of one though for that thing,
I LOVE winter and the North. You couldn’t pay me to live in the South. Too much prejudice for one thing, and then there’s the heat. I may retire in Canada if we keep having lame winters in Chicago. Last few years we have gotten little to no snow, while summers have been really hot.

We just smashed our total snowfall record for the past two years with that random noreaster got uppity and moved way way inland.

U

User.45

I LOVE winter and the North. You couldn’t pay me to live in the South. Too much prejudice for one thing, and then there’s the heat. I may retire in Canada if we keep having lame winters in Chicago. Last few years we have gotten little to no snow, while summers have been really hot.
You mad? I'll never forget this shit:
1608225412992.png

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
You mad? I'll never forget this shit:
View attachment 1901
I wish we could get that again. I can't remember the last time that happened. When I moved here in 92, that's how winters were for several years. Hasn't been that way for a long time. Now we are basically in the low 40s, high 30s for most of the winter. We might get one or two sub zero days, but it's rare. It just doesn't happen much anymore. I think global warming is most apparent here and CA.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
We don't have enough options in the reaction department here... I can't even think of one though for that thing,

We just smashed our total snowfall record for the past two years with that random noreaster got uppity and moved way way inland.
Yeah, the northeast gets all the snow now.

U

User.45

I wish we could get that again. I can't remember the last time that happened. When I moved here in 92, that's how winters were for several years. Hasn't been that way for a long time. Now we are basically in the low 40s, high 30s for most of the winter. We might get one or two sub zero days, but it's rare. It just doesn't happen much anymore. I think global warming is most apparent here and CA.
We used to joke about how global warming will soon make Chicago the hottest housing market (pun intended).

I definitely remember those fucking sub zero days. We lived a few dozens of floors high and one Thanksgiving day our balcony window shattered spontaneously. Cost $1600 to get it fixed.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yeah, the northeast gets all the snow now.

I dunno... last year our driveways got plowed once in the western Catskills, crappy ski season for sure. This year 2.5 feet overnight is the first one like that for a few years at least. Trouble is everyone's snowed into their driveways so forget ski trips for now!

All I know is the snow was practically up to the bottom of the roadside mailboxes before the county crews came along so this will be interesting if some of the stuff doesn't melt down. Supposed to get colder not warmer after this so who knows.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
I dunno... last year our driveways got plowed once in the western Catskills, crappy ski season for sure. This year 2.5 feet overnight is the first one like that for a few years at least. Trouble is everyone's snowed into their driveways so forget ski trips for now!

All I know is the snow was practically up to the bottom of the roadside mailboxes before the county crews came along so this will be interesting if some of the stuff doesn't melt down. Supposed to get colder not warmer after this so who knows.
It’s gonna be messy!

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
When I divorced my first husband, the first thing I did when I got back on my feet financially was to buy a truck. Not just a truck, but one with a manual drive. It was not comfortable for anyone riding in the tiny back, so I eventually gave it up for a real car. When my (current) husband’s father died, he got his dad’s truck. It’s old enough to get an antique plate. He just spent a fortune getting it drivable, adding a bed cover and a new bed gate. It’s about the size of the one I had back when. We use it for trips to Low’s. I’m not sure why some people buy trucks.

I have a Toyota Tacoma. It's a midsize truck and it fits in my garage. I wanted a vehicle that is high off the ground and can handle Houston floods lol 😐

I don't have an intimidation grill like Hurtfan though :)

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I completely forgot about this ass whipping from a few years ago, until I came across an article about it again recently

The video is from Inside Edition. Go figure. The most disturbing scene comes from why straws are being banned & a turtle.
A viral Facebook video of a man physically assaulting a Florida Mcdonald’s employee had a happy ending when the man was arrested, after the woman generously decided to give her attacker a lifetime supply of Filet-o’-Fist sandwiches.

Facebook user TJ Biandudi posted a video he says was filmed by his mother and sister when they patronized a McDonald’s in St. Petersburg, Fla., on Monday. The footage shows a white man, whom the St. Petersburg Police Department identified as 40-year-old Daniel Willis Taylor, allegedly upset because he wanted a straw, grabbing a young black woman named Yasmine James, yanking her over the counter that separated the two, according to the police report obtained by The Root.
The video doesn’t show if this particular McDonald’s has been serving Avengers-themed Happy Meals, because instead of cowering, Yasmine, ever the industrious young worker, decides to boost the restaurant’s hygiene rating by wiping the counter clean with the man’s spotless, balding forehead as if she had secretly gathered all of the Infinity Stones in her apron pocket.

Someone can be heard repeatedly saying “get the police.” Meanwhile, the other men on the McDonald’s crew watch helplessly, obviously astonished that their coworker was decidedly not “lovin’ it,” as their motto implies. Davis did not sustain any bodily injuries, according to the police report.
Someone was having too much fun writing jokes into this story, but this guy had to bring the whole thing home after getting his ass handed to him
“I want her ass fired right now,” Taylor says after another employee pulled the man away.

“I couldn’t control you,” replies the straw man, obviously still thirsty for a large cup of deez hands. “I was just asking you a question, bitch!”

The video ends as Taylor asks for a refund, even though he had just consumed a healthy serving of multiple two-piece combos. Besides drinking a can of whoop-ass, Taylor may have been under the influence of alcohol, according to the police report. Taylor was arrested a few hours later and charged with two counts of simple battery.

Top Bottom
1 2