knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
This is really, really random
E53CF4DF-5AE1-4CF2-957B-669E3FC0ABED.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My friend told me she once tried making a turkey stuffed with dried fruit, but when it was cooked, she discovered that the fruit had been preserved with so much sulfur that the bird tasted like match heads. It was inedible.
That’s an odd thing to do anyway.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I suspect it was an experiment. It might have been a gorp-like stuffing that also included nuts. I usually go to my mom's for TG, and she cooks up cornish game hens for each of us. One year I made a spinach soufflé to go with everything. We tend to eat a bit modestly.
Spinach soufflé sounds wonderful. Thanksgiving this year will be strange. Last year the entire family was together. This year we’re all in different places.

Maybe we’ll have Beyond burgers.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

In what may be one of the most Italian things that has ever happened, the Italian State Police rushed a donor kidney from Padua to Rome for a transplant in a Lamborghini Huracan. Last week’s journey is around 300 miles, but with the help of a specially-outfitted supercar, the police made it happen in just about two hours at an average speed of 143 mph—and that’s a journey that normally takes around six.

Yes, the Italian Police own a Lamborghini and use it as a regular ol’ patrol vehicle most of the time. It’s outfitted with lights, a police computer, and other equipment for traffic stops and arrests. That said, though, the machine isn’t exactly ideal for the day-to-day (where, exactly, do you intend to put someone that you’ve arrested?). It’s still cool as hell for these more extreme circumstances, though.

But for this specific instance, the frunk came in handy. The police force turned it into a refrigerated compartment for organ transport or the delivery of other temperature-sensitive medical supplies.

The Italian police actually own a few different Lambos, with this specific one joining the force back in 2017. It’s a pretty solid use of a supercar, although folks on Twitter have wondered why Italian officials didn’t just use a helicopter to transport the kidney. A Google Maps view of the Policlinico Universitario in Padua, the starting hospital, doesn’t seem to show a helipad or an easily accessible flat area nearby, so a Lamborghini likely made the most sense here.

The police posted a video of the Lambo after the completed journey, and it is just delightful:
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1324250861204328453/

Top Bottom
1 2