I like random stuff...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
5AB92366-E4F9-4130-887A-E23434555468.jpeg

Came across this image of a custom CarPlay car stereo install and the first thing I thought was who the fuck has 280 unread text messages??

Then I realized it’s probably somebody’s grandpa who’s family thought he should have a smart phone but all he wants to use it for is phone calls and listening to AM talk radio stations from all over the country while driving to doctors appointments and the local veterans bar.

U

User.45

View attachment 2252

Came across this image of a custom CarPlay car stereo install and the first thing I thought was who the fuck has 280 unread text messages??

Then I realized it’s probably somebody’s grandpa who’s family thought he should have a smart phone but all he wants to use it for is phone calls and listening to AM talk radio stations from all over the country while driving to doctors appointments and the local veterans bar.
Once I've seen an unread email count of 29980:D 280 texts? THey might just use a mac and these are all 2FA texts. If it weren't for my OCD I would easily accumulate this many in a few months...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Once I've seen an unread email count of 29980:D 280 texts? THey might just use a mac and these are all 2FA texts. If it weren't for my OCD I would easily accumulate this many in a few months...

My mom is one of those tens of thousands of unread emails people. It's really painful to see that notification count on the screen. Then usually once a year she asks me what to do about that which of course she doesn't do. Don't rinse and repeat.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I know a lot of these Chinese companies are small, but for God’s sake, run this stuff by somebody who actually knows English.

00D31286-1FDC-4574-9B9D-5C53B80CAACE.jpeg

And “cryogenic environments”?? You mean I can’t wear them when I’m put into suspended animation for that trip to Alpha Centauri? 😁

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I know a lot of these Chinese companies are small, but for God’s sake, run this stuff by somebody who actually knows English.

View attachment 2285

And “cryogenic environments”?? You mean I can’t wear them when I’m put into suspended animation for that trip to Alpha Centauri? 😁

Hah, cryogenic environments like the glovebox of the car in a northeastern winter?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Have you noticed that—on local TV stations at least—just about every female reporter or meteorologist is wearing nothing but sleeveless dresses...in the middle of winter?

Is this some illogical fashion trend? Is it a sexist dictate from upper management? Or is this some kind of half-assed 2nd Amendment statement?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Have you noticed that—on local TV stations at least—just about every female reporter or meteorologist is wearing nothing but sleeveless dresses...in the middle of winter?

Is this some illogical fashion trend? Is it a sexist dictate from upper management? Or is this some kind of half-assed 2nd Amendment statement?
You mean the right to bare arms? :p

Having been in a local TV station’s newsroom before, I remember it was crowded and very hot in there due to the bright lights. Were I working there for hours, I’d want to dress lightly.

Top Bottom
1 2