I like random stuff...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
1655938863134.jpeg

This sandwich board really makes you think…

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Without even looking for it, I just learned when America was great for me. When this could be the title of a video that drew you in without judgement or reason to judge. It just delivers as promised.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Got to think build the bridge OVER the water would have been easier, but it's still cool.

Why was the Veluwemeer Aqueduct built?​

During the planning phase for the project, drawbridges, ferries, and tunnels were considered as likely solutions to allowing the road to fully cross the lake. However, these were decided against, and the novel approach of building a short aqueduct over the road was selected.

Because the N302 is a major highway, it was deemed unrealistic, and inefficient, to stop the flow of traffic using a drawbridge or ferry solution. A tunnel, an option also likely considered, would have required too much time and expense when compared to the aqueduct solution finally settled upon.

A bridge, while a more typical solution to the problem, was deemed to be far too costly compared to the more reasonable cost of the aqueduct solution, at around $61 million. Given that the point at which it was to be built did not need to carry wide water traffic, its narrow aqueduct design was also deemed to be a wise choice.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1542649374622228481/

I don't want to go to Minnesota,

but now I do.

A new law took effect in Minnesota on Friday that allows adults 21 and older to buy edibles infused with hemp-derived cannabinoids, including small amounts of THC.

The codification of the cannabis edibles policy through the legislation, which also imposes regulations on the sale of delta-8 THC products, in a state without a recreational marijuana law on the books is a novel development—and it’s one that’s led a key GOP senator to call for a rollback of the law even though he voted for it.

For reform supporters, the policy change is viewed as a solid step in the right direction, clarifying that adults can possess and consume hemp-based edibles and beverages that contain up to five milligrams of THC per serving, with a maximum 50 milligrams THC per package.

Five milligrams of THC is generally considered to be enough to give a person a moderate high, at least for infrequent consumers. But because products must also meet the state and federal definition of hemp, meaning they cannot contain more than 0.3 percent THC by dry weight, the overall amount of infused food someone in Minnesota might need to eat to feel the effects could be a bit larger than comparable products in state markets that don’t impose such THC limits on marijuana products.

The law, which Gov. Tim Walz (D) signed early last month, has generated some confusion. Senate Human Services Reform Finance and Policy Committee Chairman Jim Abeler (R), for example, said that he thought the bill only dealt with delta-8 THC regulations, and he suggested this week that the legislature should reverse course on the edible provisions.

But House Majority Leader Ryan Winkler (D), who has championed efforts to legalize adult-use marijuana in the state, told The Star Tribune that the Senate chair’s proposal to roll back the law was “ridiculous,” especially considering that Abeler voted in favor of the measure.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1542644712242380802/
Bruh F'd up, and can't even blame the weed! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1542902833661485059/

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Bruh F'd up, and can't even blame the weed! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But, are you sure? Are Rs consistent and ethically scrupulous? ISTR a R US House member who led the House Caucus on Missing & Exploited Children who was charged with trying to sexually exploit a House Page. So, to say he cannot blame the weed, well, I guess that is only because he cannot admit to it (or, maybe it was more likely coke or meth).

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
But, are you sure? Are Rs consistent and ethically scrupulous? ISTR a R US House member who led the House Caucus on Missing & Exploited Children who was charged with trying to sexually exploit a House Page. So, to say he cannot blame the weed, well, I guess that is only because he cannot admit to it (or, maybe it was more likely coke or meth).
Yes, I am sure. As I pointed out in another thread, some of these elected guys aren't geniuses. The people elected are sometimes as stupid as the people they want voting for them.

They aren't making decisions based on any actual knowledge they've bothered to acquire, instead voting based the usual set of beliefs over facts.

In the final days of the legislative session in May, a bipartisan panel was negotiating the differences between health and human services bills passed by the DFL-led House and GOP-controlled Senate.

They had hundreds of pages to get through, and a bevy of amendments to approve, including one “exempting cannabinoids derived from hemp from Schedule 1 of the controlled substances schedule.”

Not in so many words: Legalizing weed.

After the amendment passed on a unanimous voice vote, here’s state Sen. Jim Abeler, R-Anoka: “That doesn’t legalize marijuana — we didn’t just do that.”

He chuckled.

His DFL co-chair, Rep. Tina Liebling of Rochester replied, “Oh, are you kidding? Of course you have. No, just kidding. We’ll do that next, OK?”

Well, actually, they did it.

"Republicans have no excuse—this was heard, discussed and approved by committees on which they served," Democratic House Majority Leader Ryan Winkler wrote on Twitter.

Neither Abeler, nor the Republican Party of Minnesota, responded to Bring Me The News' requests for comment on Friday, but video of the May 19 conference committee's negotiations of the health and human services omnibus bill offers some insight.

"That doesn't legalize marijuana — we didn't just do that, did we?" Abeler asks, seconds after adopting the amendment to legalize the products.

"Oh, are you kidding? Of course you have," committee co-chair Rep. Tina Liebling (DFL-Rochester) responds. "No, just kidding, just kidding — next, we'll do that next, okay?"

J. Patrick Coolican, editor-in-chief of the Minnesota Reformer, resurrected the exchange in a column published Friday. You can watch it here beginning at the 45-minute mark.

There are literally no jokes for this. For a group of people dogmatically opposed to marijuana because... Not because of anything fact based...

Of course they "accidentally" legalized weed. Stupidity is what has kept marijuana from being legalized, so of course it's what got it legalized in Minnesota.

You have to love the randomness of it all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2