Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
47EFFF9B-5D32-4BDD-9C06-2CDC666E9DFA.jpeg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Random stuff is a sometime hit with me, but not bits of thin blue rubber in dinner ingredients...

The item was recalled after Bob Evans informed FSIS that some consumers reported finding small pieces of thin blue rubber in the product.

Last Friday, in an official announcement by the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), the department said, "The sausage subject to recall are: 1-lb. chubs containing "Bobs Evans Italian Sausage" with lot code XEN3663466 and a "USE/FRZ BY" date of 11/26/22, with a time stamp between 14:43 and 15:25."

Each of these products has establishment number "EST.6785" marked by the USDA.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Random stuff is a sometime hit with me, but not bits of thin blue rubber in dinner ingredients...

There was an episode of the British series Chef! in which in which Janice finds something blue in her entrée – it was an elastoplast (band-aid) that had been on Everton's finger. Apparently British kitchens (at least the Michelin-star aspirants) use blue bandages to make them easy to spot.

lizkat

Reaction score
Mondrian was known for rectangularish tracts of primary colors.

It will stay that way, because they are afraid of damaging it.

I have a feeling that the painter would find that hilarious. I am a more a fan of Mondrian's work from around 1909-12 that was often of soft-color blocks and lines with references to landscapes or seashore, en route to his eventual preoccupation with lines, squared...

Mondrian before the obsession with lines.jpg

There's a new bio out about him by Hans Janssen, Piet Modrian: a Life that was reviewed recently in what may well have been the last column by the New Yorker's longstanding art critic Peter Schjeldahl, who passed away on October 3, 2022. The piece carried a dateline of September 26.

[The book] is audacious in structure. Janssen, who died last year, at the age of sixty-seven, drew on his profound knowledge to dispense with strict chronology and to write not only about his subject’s prodigious mind and eye but also from within them. He openly employs devices of fiction to parse intellectual insights and emotional states and, now and then, to cobble together imagined conversations between Mondrian and some of his significant contemporaries, with lines taken verbatim either from Mondrian’s own writings and letters or from the diaries, letters, or recollections of others, such as the American sculptor Alexander Calder. The readerly effect is a bit uncanny, recalling Marianne Moore’s definition of poetry as “imaginary gardens with real toads in them.”

Well after getting that far, of course the Janssen book landed on my wishlist. Love all kinds of gardens and real toads as well, few as the latter may have become around here over the past couple of decades. I look forward to reading an updated bio, particularly since it sounds meant to show us the synthesis of art from life.

On the reviewer and his family: The Schjeldahls lived in my county and were once known for throwing a massive open-to-all lawn party once every year in summer. Of course it eventually got out of hand and was discontinued but in the meantime, a wonderful event and gracious hosts with a truly eclectic "guest list" from this rural area with a mix of farmers, artists, writers and ordinary ol' Americans going about life, and often without a clue about who's who or what besides just being a neighbor.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
I remember back in the '60s there was a fad that involved making clocks with no hands, where you would look at the image on it an tease out the time based on the things or the pattern (say, the number of geese flying over the lake gave you the hour, or something like that. Naturally, there was

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The makers of Top Gun cheated! I love Austin - he's such a nerd. And pretty damn smart.

lizkat

Reaction score
Although this made me a bit nauseous both for Grace Kelly and absolutely stellar costume designer Edith Head, the irony is funny.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1591833384338485248/

It is a beautiful dress though, as was Tiffany's wedding dress (and the one her mom wore, same designer). I even liked Lara's glittery dress with the long open arm sleeves, although those don't show well in some photos. Jokes going around about how no one cued in Kimberly on the color themes... and how Ivanka cropped Kimberly out of her later posted take of the photo. People can sure be worse than catty about fashion I guess. Ivanka's clunky shoes, i dunno...

I just hope Tiffany had a wonderful day despite all the politics and legal stuff swirling around the rest of her family.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1591886306535440384/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1591549899493249024/

the shoes of ivanka.jpg

The thing Ivanka wore on the day of the rehearsal though, well.. that was a completely other piece of work. That bare midriff pink thing with the black straps around back? Those straps looked like catch-as-catch-can black bra straps, weird, and like one step away from major wardrobe malfunction. It was inappropriate enough viewed from the front.. From the back it looked like it wasn't' finished yet or had been repaired... that definitely caught some evil flak on social media. I dunno if i have a snap of that, it was so ugly.

Edit: well I did find one of the back.

uh, the back.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2