What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Tip of the day:
157338519_10158379398279833_4553732326715401377_n.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am a very big fan of random stuff, that just does NOT fit in any given thread already established. So I thought I'd like to see a thread, just for stuff that doesn't need it's very own thread to present in.

1. This can't end well...

Or don't confuse the gas pedal with other pedal.

P.S. Real men can drive stick. Just sayin' <-- And get your minds out of the gutter, you know what that means!

As a long time stick driver, I’m confused how this happened. There is a clutch... ;)

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
As a long time stick driver, I’m confused how this happened. There is a clutch... ;)
I will tell you exactly what happened. See, I drove stick for years, and when I came on a red light, I would put it in "W" and drop the clutch (it was a 5-speed, the W stood for "wait"; if it was a 3-speed, I would put it in "H", for "hold on", though one guy told me is was not a W but an "M", for "Mexican Overdrive", for going down hills). When you sit like that, it means you have to make 3 moves to get going again, which is extra time to assess the situation, in case someone missed the opposite red or is turning on a stale yellow, and it saves wear on the throw-out bearing.

The person in the video was doing a thing called "riding the clutch" in first, a strategy intended for jumping starts. A bad, meth-head way to drive. When they saw a green light, their brain said, "now! go!", they dropped the clutch and jumped into the Jeep. Went the situation went all wrong, the driver went into a panic and drove harder, because, dammit, that light is green, why are we not going???

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I will tell you exactly what happened. See, I drove stick for years, and when I came on a red light, I would put it in "W" and drop the clutch (it was a 5-speed, the W stood for "wait"; if it was a 3-speed, I would put it in "H", for "hold on", though one guy told me is was not a W but an "M", for "Mexican Overdrive", for going down hills). When you sit like that, it means you have to make 3 moves to get going again, which is extra time to assess the situation, in case someone missed the opposite red or is turning on a stale yellow, and it saves wear on the throw-out bearing.

The person in the video was doing a thing called "riding the clutch" in first, a strategy intended for jumping starts. A bad, meth-head way to drive. When they saw a green light, their brain said, "now! go!", they dropped the clutch and jumped into the Jeep. Went the situation went all wrong, the driver went into a panic and drove harder, because, dammit, that light is green, why are we not going???
Maybe. Regardless of manual or automatic, if you are not paying attention and step on the gas just because the light turned green, yet no one is moving, you are going to run into the person in front of you if they aren't moving. :unsure:

Top Bottom
1 2