I like random stuff...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I, for one, am shocked at how these "youts" (time period appropriate reference) pretty much nailed this track they have no personal connection to.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Reminds me of those occasional news stories you see about assholes who kill their kids by making them exercise strenuously as punishment. 😡

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Could file under TMI - in the asking, and at least this part of the telling!

file under TMI ?.jpg

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I was just watching Jack Parr on an old Cavett rerun, and that guy is quite good. They discussed his reason for walking off the set on live TV, because the network would not let him tell a joke on TV because it was obscene. It is a tad edgy, but quite hilarious. It copied it from another site and cut out the part that explains it.
An English lady, while visiting Switzerland, was looking for a room, and she asked the schoolmaster if he could recommend any to her. He took her to see several rooms, and when everything was settled, the lady returned to her home to make the final preparations to move.

When she arrived home, the thought suddenly occurred to her that she had not seen a WC around the place. So she immediately wrote a note to the schoolmaster asking him if there were a WC around. The schoolmaster was a very poor student of English, so he asked the parish priest if he could help in the matter. Together they tried to discover the meaning of “WC”, and the only solution they could come up with was “Wayside Chapel.” The schoolmaster then wrote to the English lady the following note:

Dear Madam:
I take great pleasure in informing you that the WC is situated nine miles from the house you occupy, in the center of a beautiful grove of pine trees surrounded by lovely grounds. It is capable of holding 229 people and it is open on Sunday and Thursday only. As there are a great number of people and they are expected during the summer months, I would suggest that you come early: although there is plenty of standing room as a rule. You will no doubt be glad to hear that a good number of people bring their lunch and make a day of it; while others who can afford to go by car arrive just in time. I would especially recommend that your ladyship go on Thursday when there is a musical accompaniment. It may interest you to know that my daughter was married in the WC and it was there that she met her husband. I can remember the rush there was for seats. There were ten people to a seat ordinarily occupied by one. It was wonderful to see the expression on their faces. The newest attraction is a bell donated by a wealthy resident of the district. It rings every time a person enters. A bazaar is to be held to provide plush seats for all the people, since they feel it is a long felt need. My wife is rather delicate, so she can’t attend regularly. I shall be delighted to reserve the best seat for you if you wish, where you will be seen by all. For the children, there is a special time and place so that they will not disturb the elders. Hoping to have been of service to you, I remain,
Sincerely,
The Schoolmaster

Did you understand it?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I was just watching Jack Parr on an old Cavett rerun, and that guy is quite good. They discussed his reason for walking off the set on live TV, because the network would not let him tell a joke on TV because it was obscene. It is a tad edgy, but quite hilarious. It copied it from another site and cut out the part that explains it.
An English lady, while visiting Switzerland, was looking for a room, and she asked the schoolmaster if he could recommend any to her. He took her to see several rooms, and when everything was settled, the lady returned to her home to make the final preparations to move.
When she arrived home, the thought suddenly occurred to her that she had not seen a WC around the place. So she immediately wrote a note to the schoolmaster asking him if there were a WC around. The schoolmaster was a very poor student of English, so he asked the parish priest if he could help in the matter. Together they tried to discover the meaning of “WC”, and the only solution they could come up with was “Wayside Chapel.” The schoolmaster then wrote to the English lady the following note:
Dear Madam:
I take great pleasure in informing you that the WC is situated nine miles from the house you occupy, in the center of a beautiful grove of pine trees surrounded by lovely grounds. It is capable of holding 229 people and it is open on Sunday and Thursday only. As there are a great number of people and they are expected during the summer months, I would suggest that you come early: although there is plenty of standing room as a rule. You will no doubt be glad to hear that a good number of people bring their lunch and make a day of it; while others who can afford to go by car arrive just in time. I would especially recommend that your ladyship go on Thursday when there is a musical accompaniment. It may interest you to know that my daughter was married in the WC and it was there that she met her husband. I can remember the rush there was for seats. There were ten people to a seat ordinarily occupied by one. It was wonderful to see the expression on their faces. The newest attraction is a bell donated by a wealthy resident of the district. It rings every time a person enters. A bazaar is to be held to provide plush seats for all the people, since they feel it is a long felt need. My wife is rather delicate, so she can’t attend regularly. I shall be delighted to reserve the best seat for you if you wish, where you will be seen by all. For the children, there is a special time and place so that they will not disturb the elders. Hoping to have been of service to you, I remain,
Sincerely,
The Schoolmaster

Did you understand it?
I visited England as a kid and remember WC written above the restrooms… great joke

Top Bottom
1 2