I like this GOP rep

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Kinzinger’s opinion is new to me, and Ben Sasse has been making the rounds for a while now criticizing Trump.

While I appreciate the enemy-of-my-enemy factor here, let’s not forget, though, that even these people are not necessarily on our side either.

In March 2019, Sasse was one of twelve senators to cosponsor a resolution that would impose a constitutional amendment limiting the Supreme Court to nine justices. The resolution was introduced following multiple Democratic presidential candidates expressing openness to the idea of expanding the seats on the Supreme Court.

(Wikipedia)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looking forward to gong back to a time where we can disagree on policies but remain sane and this is a great example. IMO Trump and his supporters will be forced into a corner where they'll continue to do what they do but it will be from a noticeable bubble instead of the mainstream. Once all is said and done history will not look kindly on the last 4 years with this man in office and Republicans will have to move away from him but it will take some time.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Kinzinger’s opinion is new to me, and Ben Sasse has been making the rounds for a while now criticizing Trump.

While I appreciate the enemy-of-my-enemy factor here, let’s not forget, though, that even these people are not necessarily on our side either.

(Wikipedia)

Agreed but that’s pretty much politics as usual. What Trump did way crossed a line and off a cliff. There’s loyalty to country. Then there’s loyalty to party. Then there’s loyalty to an authoritarian leader being against democracy. Any politician still going with option 3 should be shamed and kicked out of office, especially if they believe going with that option guarantees a certain voter base. There’s no place in a democracy for that voter base and that should be made crystal clear.

Top Bottom
1 2