fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
van.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Just this morning I saw in our regional paper a "Sound Off!" contribution from a former Republican who bemoaned the look and feel of stuff like that in a local and pretty rural neighborhood:

“Sixty years of being a Republican — and I switched! Going by the corner of Montecello Road and 25A in Richfield, to see a sign for the Republican highway superintendent, and on the porch of the house a flag for Trump. And a flag that states ‘F--- Biden.’ Where are we going? Are no Republicans embarrassed? In a neighborhood, visitors passing, school buses... I just don’t get it !”​

So the movers and shakers in the GOP should maybe think a little more about the ongoing abrasion of their party's potential to keep all their base on board while they focus on embracing Trump-leaners. The Rs who voted for Trump in 2016 and perhaps even in 2020 may not all be enthralled by what has gone on at hands and voice of some Trump fans (and elected officials) since the 2020 elections.

The stuff a lot of conservative voters and in particular the evangelical Christians did blink at in order to vote for Trump per their own reasons starts to look way different when he's out of power. Now they see with their old eyes again, and "rude n crude" was never on their menu in the old days. In fact some may have attributed such language solely to the left, as part of culture wars. Now such folk are never going to vote for a Biden themselves, but they may not show up for the GOP that still appears to tolerate or even embrace the language and behavior that was unleashed among the right by the GOP's catering to the fringe of their base during the Trump era.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
Remember that nut Cesar Sayoc?

tbh i had to look him up... see 20 years ago a guy like this would still be on the front burner in everyone's memory, i suppose...,

So from the archives:

It did always get me that he ended up living in a place in Florida called Plantation. Oy.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
“Sixty years of being a Republican — and I switched! Going by the corner of Montecello Road and 25A in Richfield, to see a sign for the Republican highway superintendent, and on the porch of the house a flag for Trump. And a flag that states ‘F--- Biden.’ Where are we going? Are no Republicans embarrassed? In a neighborhood, visitors passing, school buses... I just don’t get it !”

That story reminds me of something I happened across while driving on the outskirts of Chickamauga Battlefield back before the election.

I was in some random, nondescript lower income neighborhood, much like any other around here, and I drove up on a big church shindig. There were kids playing out in the parking lot, parents gathering and conversing, lots of crosses, and signs of prayer and faith all over the place.

...and across the street from it all, a huge flag draped from the roof over someone's front porch. "Trump 2020," it said, "Fuck Your Feelings."

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not surprised Trump supporters would turn a rape van into a screaming eyesore. They don't know how anything else works so why would they know how to properly run a rape van operation.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Not surprised Trump supporters would turn a rape van into a screaming eyesore. They don't know how anything else works so why would they know how to properly run a rape van operation.

The first thing I thought when look at that van was "shitty contractor who will do a halfassed job, and try to screw you on the bill."

lizkat

Reaction score
Donald Trump is the gilded god of lackadaisical contract labor.

But he's also the bane of guys who actually did the work or produced the goods and yet got stiffed by Trump when time came to settle up. A bunch of my acquaintances in NYC were called to serve on at least one civil case where Trump was being sued or he was countersuing them for having the temerity to insist on payment. Yeah really. I got called twice myself to such cases. You'd think the odds on that would be slim to zero in the Big Apple, but that's Trump for ya. I had to recuse myself both times, stepping out in the hall and explaining to the attorneys on both sides that I simply could not be fair to Trump even if he happened to have a good case in the one that was about to go to trial.

I bet most of those cases got settled and a lot of them probably never even got as far as empaneling a complete jury. A friend of mine was selected as a juror for one case but they didn't even finish picking that jury before the case was settled and jurors dismissed. What a waste of time and money all around. Imagine working for Trump, wow. Or imagine being his attorneys.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The first thing I thought when look at that van was "shitty contractor who will do a halfassed job, and try to screw you on the bill."

Imagine interviewing contractors and that monstrosity rolls up.

They could have saved a lot of time and just made some signs that say "Victim of poor life decisions" and you’d get the same message.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just noticed it appears that van is parked in a handicapped space and even though they probably don't have a physical disability it's still appropriate. That whole van is an impaired sign.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Reminds me of something…

That’s epic. 😄 That home looks fairly well to do, so I’ll bet the contractor didn’t expect to find a black couple living there. And then they’re so friggin’ polite about it that, well, what can the guy say in response?

And the capper of course is that you don’t see for sure what they’re talking about until the final seconds. Beautiful! It’s like a wonderfully set up joke with a killer punch line.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That’s epic. 😄 That home looks fairly well to do, so I’ll bet the contractor didn’t expect to find a black couple living there. And then they’re so friggin’ polite about it that, well, what can the guy say in response?

And the capper of course is that you don’t see for sure what they’re talking about until the final seconds. Beautiful! It’s like a wonderfully set up joke with a killer punch line.
The guy instantly knew he was screwed. He didn’t even complain; just hopped back in the van and drove off. Later, he arrives at home with no money and his wife reminds him: “I told you to take that stupid flag off your van!"

Top Bottom
1 2