Ice Cube calls out DNC

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s going to take more than the first hundred days to start undoing the damage Trump has done, not to mention COVID. We all want guarantees. I’ll accept a guarantee that we work together for the good of all.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s going to take more than the first hundred days to start undoing the damage Trump has done, not to mention COVID. We all want guarantees. I’ll accept a guarantee that we work together for the good of all.

Not disagreeing with it needing more than 100 days, but I think he is pointing to the 2016 tactic of the DNC saying not Trump/Hillary is a woman! and you should vote just based on that. This round I do think the most important thing is to get Trump out of office, for both parties, but Democrats shouldn't just politically fall asleep after that like they did with Obama.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Don't forget, one of the first things the Dems did when Obama got in office was the Affordable Care Act. They weren't exactly sitting on their asses. And that was a tough one to get every people on board with.

I don't see the Dems offering anything like what Ice Cube is asking for, not because they're unsympathetic, but because they need every single voter they can get. If it looks like you're catering to one part of America more than the other, then some independents think, "There they go again with identity politics!" and you risk losing them.

I know. It's unfair. 😐

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with it needing more than 100 days, but I think he is pointing to the 2016 tactic of the DNC saying not Trump/Hillary is a woman! and you should vote just based on that. This round I do think the most important thing is to get Trump out of office, for both parties, but Democrats shouldn't just politically fall asleep after that like they did with Obama.

Can’t fault you there. They will need to start talking about it and making plans right away.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't forget, one of the first things the Dems did when Obama got in office was the Affordable Care Act. They weren't exactly sitting on their asses. And that was a tough one to get every people on board with.

I give Obama some handicap points because I believe as the the nation's very historical first black president he would have loved to make more changes but didn't want to be too radical and potentially ruin the opportunity for future minorities. That would be a completely unfair assessment of his presidency but people are dumb "Black man did this." So I get it.

However, largely making the affordable care act a guaranteed payday to the insurance industry and making it illegal for the government to negotiate prices is inexcusable. Reducing middle man bloat and cost should have been at the forefront. So while he can claim more people have coverage, he did very little to fix the bigger problem that is obvious to anybody who isn't corrupt.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I don't argue with your assessment of the ACA. I just remember that getting it passed in the form it's in was harder than giving birth and a undergoing a root canal at the same time.

As to the subject of bloat, it's not just insurance companies. Fighting all these goons (expensive hospital administrators, lavish medical facilities, overpriced medical equipment) is going to be a lot harder.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't argue with your assessment of the ACA. I just remember that getting it passed in the form it's in was harder than giving birth and a undergoing a root canal at the same time.

As to the subject of bloat, it's not just insurance companies. Fighting all these goons (expensive hospital administrators, lavish medical facilities, overpriced medical equipment) is going to be a lot harder.

ObamaCare was originally RomneyCare.... You know what, I actually want to punch myself in the face right now for saying something that most people already know, as if it's some secret newly discovered information and I'm an expert on the matter.

We have all the proof and evidence we need and absolutely nothing gets done about it. We embrace the major news media by the hand and skip along with them down the path to issues that don't matter in the big picture, are lies, or are purposely misleading and that's what we focus on. Now I want to punch everybody in the face.

Top Bottom
1 2