Ice Cube working with Trump

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ice Cube has been quite vocal on social media over the last couple months on politicians from either party not really doing anything for black Americans and he created a plan and roadmap that could be implemented. Biden’s campaign told him he would “get a seat at the table” if Biden wins. Trump was willing to talk to him now.

Surprising (to us on here) an article on Fox seems to be the only mainstream news outlet that got this correctly. In summary, the left is outraged over this and the right sees it as an endorsement. Both views are wrong. Until very recently this is how politics worked. You worked with whoever is in office who is sincere about hearing you out or helping, regardless of party. Ice Cube has said repeatedly he isn’t endorsing either candidate and this meeting doesn’t change that.

It’s absurd at this point in history that the left would be demonizing and the right praising the guy who wrote Fuck the Police, arguably the most famous gangster rap song in history.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Ice Cube is now worth $160 million. Does anyone think he's still in touch with what's really going on for black Americans from the couch in his cushy mansion? Sorry but if he were genuine there's no way he would be talking to Trump a week before the election.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ice Cube is now worth $160 million. Does anyone think he's still in touch with what's really going on for black Americans from the couch in his cushy mansion? Sorry but if he were genuine there's no way he would be talking to Trump a week before the election.
I’d believe he’s still in touch because it’s safe to say very little has changed. If you were born in a high poverty and crime area where a lot of your friends, family, and in this case fans, still live and you became successful through a career hyper focused on that reality would you just go “Screw them. I got mine.”?

As far as the timing I just see it as it is what it is, although everybody including Ice Cube knows Trump is being opportunistic with it. Doesn’t mean nothing will come of it if Trump wins.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
This guy gets it.
Cube got called out, because he let himself get played by the administration.

Not sure what you mean? Or are those 2 unrelated statements?

I don't think Cube got played. He's not an idiot and I'm sure he would be willing to talk to anybody currently in power willing to hear him out. Cancel culture is a losing game that's only going to gain more resentment than sympathy its attempting to gain.

On a side note, one of the best Twitter exchanges in history was when Ice Cube went on Real Time talking about equality and some idiot female posted an outrage message to Ice T complaining about his use of the n word and calling women bitches to which Ice T responded "Wrong Ice, bitch." :ROFLMAO:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean? Or are those 2 unrelated statements?

I don't think Cube got played. He's not an idiot and I'm sure he would be willing to talk to anybody currently in power willing to hear him out. Cancel culture is a losing game that's only going to gain more resentment than sympathy its attempting to gain.

On a side note, one of the best Twitter exchanges in history was when Ice Cube went on Real Time talking about equality and some idiot female posted an outrage message to Ice T complaining about his use of the n word and calling women bitches to which Ice T responded "Wrong Ice, bitch." :ROFLMAO:
It's two unrelated statements, but I believe Ice T has the better grasp of dealing with politicians.

Ice Cube got played for thinking ANY administration during an election year wasn't going to use his name & association. Ice Cube NOT realizing dealing with the con man that EVERYONE with some form of internet access is fully aware of, would not be exploited in anyway is being naive. The fact that Ice Cube working hard NOT to be seen with the administration for fear of being seen as endorsing sees Katrina Pierson 🤬 proudly announcing him even after his proposal was altered. You have to KNOW during an election season where people are pandering1000 mph, you're going to get used, whether you actively endorse or not. Especially with a desperate candidate who's been promising vaccines that don't exist and his administration having declared they beat covid much to everyone's surprise. 45 hadn't given an 'F', or made any real efforts without enormous grandstanding, to think 45 would suddenly honor his word is laughably naive.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's two unrelated statements, but I believe Ice T has the better grasp of dealing with politicians.

Ice Cube got played for thinking ANY administration during an election year wasn't going to use his name & association. Ice Cube NOT realizing dealing with the con man that EVERYONE with some form of internet access is fully aware of, would not be exploited in anyway is being naive. The fact that Ice Cube working hard NOT to be seen with the administration for fear of being seen as endorsing sees Katrina Pierson 🤬 proudly announcing him even after his proposal was altered. You have to KNOW during an election season where people are pandering1000 mph, you're going to get used, whether you actively endorse or not. Especially with a desperate candidate who's been promising vaccines that don't exist and his administration having declared they beat covid much to everyone's surprise. 45 hadn't given an 'F', or made any real efforts without enormous grandstanding, to think 45 would suddenly honor his word is laughably naive.
Again, the assumption is that Ice Cube was just all dur dur dur unaware of this going in and therefor got played. IMO that view is just more blind partisan bullshit. To me it was more about not politically waiting for a more appropriate time because shit doesn't happen either when it's a more appropriate time.

If you believe in the cause over partisan politics I fail to see the smug moral victory of clowning him over trying to work with Trump. I get the meeting having the predictable results but clowning Cube over the attempt serves absolutely no purpose. They should be praising his effort and using its failure as another example in the long list. But today getting things done doesn't matter. Who/what party got it done is more important. It's beyond cynical to whatever people claim to support.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Again, the assumption is that Ice Cube was just all dur dur dur unaware of this going in and therefor got played. IMO that view is just more blind partisan bullshit. To me it was more about not politically waiting for a more appropriate time because shit doesn't happen either when it's a more appropriate time.

If you believe in the cause over partisan politics I fail to see the smug moral victory of clowning him over trying to work with Trump. I get the meeting having the predictable results but clowning Cube over the attempt serves absolutely no purpose. They should be praising his effort and using its failure as another example in the long list. But today getting things done doesn't matter. Who/what party got it done is more important. It's beyond cynical to whatever people claim to support.
It isn't partisan anything. It's a cynical acceptance of most things involving any politics.

It's one thing to want to work with whoever's in charge and accept what may. It's another NOT to be realistic of the context of where & when these things occur. If the man hasn't done a G' damn thing in his first 3 years, except occasionally run through an assortment of other Black personalities & make noises of "what have you got to lose?" What do YOU think was honestly going to happen? You can't force the man to honor his word, congress certainly can't. A former rapper is? Most importantly 45 has history, what frikkin' deal has the man done that didn't crap the bed so far? If anyone thinks 45 is honoring his word on his supposed 'Platinum' plan, it probably isn't 45 himself.

The clowning comes from even giving the smallest amount faith to a man we've universally called a 'con man'. A supposed hard man of the streets gets used by a 'con man', and absolutely NO ONE is surprised. He gets played by 'the man'. Cube who was part of a musical act that learned first hand you do things yourself first to get crap done, and the system if given the chance will play you & rip you off. Looking at it that way, there's disbelief, Whether he wanted or not, he got sucked into this.

There's nothing partisan involved, it's wondering how Cube of all people got dragged into this, to eventually find himself in photoshopped endorsement pictures with 50 Cent who actually swallowed the stupidity.

Donald Trump: (14:33)
That’s where they want to take us. I’m fighting for the dreams of all Americans, including millions of truly amazing Hispanic-Americans. Who’s Hispanic? Who’s Hispanic? Oh, they’re shocked. They don’t believe it. The polls with Hispanics are through the roof. They’re reporting on it. I said, “I never had a problem. I always liked Hispanic,” but they’re really, they’re getting to understand me and the incredible progress that we’ve made. The polls with Hispanic- Americans are the highest ever, in the history of our country for a Republican. But it could be that we’re going to top them, and once we top them, you’re going to forget about them because we’ve really gotten along. The poll, by the way, who saw the debate the other day? Did anybody. Anybody watch it?
Dealing with THIS guy is a 'fool's dream' unless you're trying to get funding for proud boys' training center or an imagined counter to the 1819 Project.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
It isn't partisan anything. It's a cynical acceptance of most things involving any politics.

It's one thing to want to work with whoever's in charge and accept what may. It's another NOT to be realistic of the context of where & when these things occur. If the man hasn't done a G' damn thing in his first 3 years, except occasionally run through an assortment of other Black personalities & make noises of "what have you got to lose?" What do YOU think was honestly going to happen? You can't force the man to honor his word, congress certainly can't. A former rapper is? Most importantly 45 has history, what frikkin' deal has the man done that didn't crap the bed so far? If anyone thinks 45 is honoring his word on his supposed 'Platinum' plan, it probably isn't 45 himself.

The clowning comes from even giving the smallest amount faith to a man we've universally called a 'con man'. A supposed hard man of the streets gets used by a 'con man', and absolutely NO ONE is surprised. He gets played by 'the man'. Cube who was part of a musical act that learned first hand you do things yourself first to get crap done, and the system if given the chance will play you & rip you off. Looking at it that way, there's disbelief, Whether he wanted or not, he got sucked into this.

There's nothing partisan involved, it's wondering how Cube of all people got dragged into this, to eventually find himself in photoshopped endorsement pictures with 50 Cent who actually swallowed the stupidity.

Dealing with THIS guy is a 'fool's dream' unless you're trying to get funding for proud boys' training center or an imagined counter to the 1819 Project.
Another alternative outcome in Trump World could be President “I’ve done more for black people than any other President” Trump tries to ram some related legislation through just to win the black vote. The speed of the Supreme Court appointment comes to mind.

Of course in Trump World this meeting is ancient history, but I’m saying that could have been a possibility. I don’t think we should underestimate what Trump would do just to get a vote.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Another alternative outcome in Trump World could be President “I’ve done more for black people than any other President” Trump tries to ram some related legislation through just to win the black vote. The speed of the Supreme Court appointment comes to mind.

Of course in Trump World this meeting is ancient history, but I’m saying that could have been a possibility. I don’t think we should underestimate what Trump would do just to get a vote.
I wouldn't want to doubt, but frankly there's just too much history with the man. He didn't go out of his way for the Black vote before, too much early voting by Black people has already happened, so I'm doubtful he'd do anything now. If he didn't try to find a way to make a 45 stimulus package of his own for everyone ( which would include his believers ), I find it impossible believe he'd carve out money for specifically Black people.

That's not even counting on how much he may not want to upset his loyal racist followers who may go bat shit over this. Let along try to creatively mischaracterize it all as reparations, and slavery is NOW forgotten & forgiven thanks to 45. Making that money a sudden poison pill that a portion of the Black community will never swallow. It's also forgetting this administration's fondness for corruption ( Puerto Rico's money that got squandered only this year the president really felt like getting on top of ) that I imagine more Black communities would find themselves in debt & any friend of the presidential family would profit. Basically unless one comes from an alternate universe where the 45 family saved the Earth from devastation, I can't see anyone in their right mind even entertaining the thought of a deal, knowing the well documented risks.

If the expectation is that he'd keep his word after getting back into office with no worries about re election, I'd think that's even more foolish. I'd see more hope in leveraging on making Harris keep any promises extracted from the Biden campaign.

It just seems too much like basic common sense to not enter a deal with 45 at all, knowing his history of not honoring a deal.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
If you thought Ice Cube got clowned. Someone's decided to take his place...

Except in weezy's case, it isn't so much clowning, but a bit more biting.

Wonder why 45 hasn't put that much effort into meeting more economic Black leaders?

With all the fuss over O’Shea Jackson, better known as Ice Cube, “assisting” the Trump Administration with their Platinum Plan for Black Americans, people are frustrated that the former NWA rapper would even meet, let alone, collaborate with Trump’s team so close to the election. The irony is the plan that the Trump administration has devised is eerily similar to something the Congressional Black Caucus has introduced, according to TheGrio.

When asked about Ice Cube’s Contract With Black America, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, (D-TX) told theGrio, “I have not heard first-hand of any attempt to reach out to any senior members of the caucus about this.”

The Congressional Black Caucus says the plan makes similar points brought forth in its Jobs and Justice Act 2020 legislation proposal introduced just last month in September.

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I've watched several interviews of Cube explaining his reasoning. I respect Cube for his straight forward direct responses. Interviews trying to stray him off his path, but Cube didn't budge and kept it as 100 as one can.

What if Trump won this election? The Left would be so bent on just hating him, that they forgot they can easily use him. Especially since he's an egotistical narcissist.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
If you thought Ice Cube got clowned. Someone's decided to take his place...

That response is extremely funny. It could be in the humor thread. I don't actually think Ice Cube got clowned though. If you watched any of his statements, he takes a rather pragmatic viewpoint. He pretty much states he would work with anyone that will improve the lives of Black Americans. He doesn't claim that he wouldn't work with democratic leadership, just that they haven't done much for Black Americans. I'll look for the video. I can't remember who initially posted it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
That response is extremely funny. It could be in the humor thread. I don't actually think Ice Cube got clowned though. If you watched any of his statements, he takes a rather pragmatic viewpoint. He pretty much states he would work with anyone that will improve the lives of Black Americans. He doesn't claim that he wouldn't work with democratic leadership, just that they haven't done much for Black Americans. I'll look for the video. I can't remember who initially posted it.
You're misunderstanding.

I'm not saying Ice Cube got clowned by the former administration.

Black Twitter & Co. were the ones clowning for considering working with the administration knowing their history. And Cube did get clowned...

Who in any world would think John Legend would call out Ice Cube? o_O

Or as another person noted, when were the other times the "Platinum Plan" was mentioned outside of Cube and that one time in front of a Black audience in ATL?

Even after all the flack Cube took, Lil Wayne happily hopped in his place like 50 Cent, all based on a misunderstanding of facts. In Wayne's case it went the extra mile and cost him his girlfriend. 😶

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
You are correct. Thanks.
No one faults Cube for trying to do better for others.

The fault was who he put any bit of trust in to help do it. Literally a guy who's career was pretty much started with discriminating against PoC. Then to have Katrina Pierson make an announcement you weren't ready to do yet, is a kick in the nuts that should make anyone scream like a scaled cat.

124572574_3791452360867332_772697318876138471_n.jpg

Top Bottom